So, I poked around last night to see if I could find anything concrete yet, but I did not.

However, the Virtual Shorts registration are accessed via a snip URL based with Disney, but registration is through Active. They are NOT searchable in Active and are not tied to the existing RunDisney event profile on Active.

Not that that means anything, but I think disneyurl.com/wdwm2019 or something similar will end up being the directing link and we’ll still be using Active for registration ... Disney will just have more control over who can access the registration page. :confused3

So, I poked around last night to see if I could find anything concrete yet, but I did not.

However, the Virtual Shorts registration are accessed via a snip URL based with Disney, but registration is through Active. They are NOT searchable in Active and are not tied to the existing RunDisney event profile on Active.

Not that that means anything, but I think disneyurl.com/wdwm2019 or something similar will end up being the directing link and we’ll still be using Active for registration ... Disney will just have more control over who can access the registration page. :confused3

Thanks for investigating! (I've been trying to look for something, but I don't even know where to start)

I just checked and that's what Wine & Dine is too, which I think probably means no change.

So ... if the website for registration isn't changing, any other theories on why the delay?

Thanks for investigating! (I've been trying to look for something, but I don't even know where to start)

I just checked and that's what Wine & Dine is too, which I think probably means no change.

So ... if the website for registration isn't changing, any other theories on why the delay?

Can you find the Virtual Shorts in general Active not redirected from RunDisney.com?

Can you find the Virtual Shorts in general Active not redirected from RunDisney.com?

Honestly, I didn't look because I didn't know they had virtual events on Active. Were they on there last year?
runDisney is really the only time I use Active, so I don't know what they do/don't have there and if I'm missing out on ways to find things. I just did a quick search and didn't find it, but I also don't know if I'm looking wrong.
Still ... if this is it, I'm a little surprised it caused a 6 week delay. If they had it ready, why not just delay it a few weeks to see how virtual shorts went and then open registration in mid-May?
I dunno. Maybe I'm just being demanding and expecting too much from runDisney. (Also, I don't know enough about Active to know how hard it is to have an unlisted race there)

Good evening, runDisney all-stars! I'm getting up super early tomorrow to catch a plan out west for a national parks/Las Vegas trip (if I win big, we're all staying at Poly! ;) ). With that in mind, I'm coming at you with an early edition of Sundays are for Disney:

We skipped spring and went straight to summer in the Midwest (it's been sitting around 90 all day). Rumor has it, Florida gets pretty hot, too (marathon weekend notwithstanding), so what's your favorite way to cool off at Disney World?

We haven't had to deal with the heat much during our few trips, but I like to cool off with an indoor attraction like Philharmagic or Finding Nemo: The Musical or with a water ride, like Kali River Rapids or Splash Mountain.

Have a good week, everyone! I hope to come home to some news about registration.

It’s been a while since I’ve had to cool off at WDW. I enjoy the water parks and the resort pools. I also enjoy Splash mountain on a warm day. Anything indoors with AC is always good as well.

SAFD:

Favorite way to cool off has always been Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. Not ashamed to say that ride never gets old for me and the AC and darkness of the building is perfect for a hot day. I could ride that and listen to Donald, Panchito, and Jose Carioca all day long. I’m a fan of Coco but I hope they never take that ride away from The Three Caballeros.

Soft Serve Ice Cream works for me anywhere else.

SAFD: I generally go when it's not super hot, so I don't know that I've ever really felt a need to cool off ... but knowing me, I'd probably just drink some ice water and keep going through the heat because I'd be too stubborn to change my plans to cool off.

I know! boom 100 degrees, crazy after that freezing long winter we had.

Indoor shows & restaurants are a good way to cool off. Universe of Energy & Great Movie Ride used to be good for long cool ride breaks, but sadly both gone. Spaceship Earth can be sometimes cool but sometimes not, I think they have air issues. Splash & Kali are good for in park water, but then I don't like wet clothes after.

Water parks & the resort pool of course are great, but a water park day on a hot sunny day can be just as tiring & hot as a park day with all the walking/climbing or if you have to wait in a long sunny line.

Mid afternoon I do like to resort tour, so monorail hopping to Poly/Contemporary/Grand for a bit to shop/eat is a nice cool off if I don't want to go back to our resort.

SAFD: I try to find an indoor ride with a minimal line (Nemo, Carousel of Progress) or go to a bathroom and splash some water on my face. We do try to take afternoon breaks though so we aren't out during the hottest part of the day and get a break from the parks.

SAFD: Free ice water from a quick service, then maybe visit a show, an indoor ride, or air conditioned shop.

I sometimes like to leave the park for a nice lunch/ early dinner in the middle of the day at a resort. I have been known to eat at Grand Floridian Cafe and then sit on a sofa in the lobby to hear the pianist or band. Or eat at The Wave or Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary and then sit on the softest sofas at WDW, or get a drink and sit out by the marina in the shade for a little bit. This also gets me out of the hubbub of the crowd which bothers me as much as the heat.

Well I pulled the trigger and reserved our room at Pop! Jan 10-17th, running only the marathon. :)

Awesome! The wife and I reserved our room at Pop too! Jan 9-13 with offsite accommodations Jan 6-9 and Jan 13! I'm planning to do Dopey and the wife will do her first 5K (I'm trying to convince her that she's got lots of time to train and run the 10K successfully too).

SAFD:

I've only been to WDW in the winter. It's never been hot there. In fact, DW doesn't really like the water rides in that weather.

I'm a pool girl. Give me Stormalong Bay, my iPad, drink service and I'm good allllll day.

Failing that, I like to cool off in some of my favorite bars/lounges - Cava, Mizner's, Tambu, Trader Sam's. I wish Brown Derby Lounge had an awning instead of those terrible umbrellas ... the easiest time to get a table is midday during the summer, because more than half the place is in DIRECT sunlight.

I've seen water rides mentioned in a few responses and I have to admit I've never been on Kali River Rapids. I'm fine getting a little wet at a theme park, but getting drenched doesn't seem fun at all (and wearing a poncho to avoid it seems like it misses the point).

I've seen water rides mentioned in a few responses and I have to admit I've never been on Kali River Rapids. I'm fine getting a little wet at a theme park, but getting drenched doesn't seem fun at all (and wearing a poncho to avoid it seems like it misses the point).
It's such a gamble on Kali, I've been everything from soaked to pretty much dry getting off. It is fun, but too short I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter