The thing that I miss the most by a very large margin is the clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl that you used to be able to get at Columbia Harbour House. Far and away one of my favorite things when I started going to Disney! The CHH clam chowder has been in constant decline in size and quality since they dropped the bread bowl.

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find it at DL when I made my first trip there two years ago. It was fantastic!

I'm not even sure I realized clam chowder was a thing at Columbia Harbour House! That is, hands down, my favorite quick service in MK and probably all of WDW. I usually get the jumbo shrimp, though...

The thing that I miss the most by a very large margin is the clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl that you used to be able to get at Columbia Harbour House. Far and away one of my favorite things when I started going to Disney! The CHH clam chowder has been in constant decline in size and quality since they dropped the bread bowl.

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find it at DL when I made my first trip there two years ago. It was fantastic!
Oh my gosh the bread bowls I totally forgot about those, I don't get the clam chowder but the vegetarian chili & yes the bread bowls made it sooo much better.

Sundays are for Disney:

This is a tough one for me. When we went when I was younger it was the mid-90’s and I don’t remember much about what existed at the time. We went to Universal in the late-90’s and I think I get confused about which things were at each place. I still haven’t been back to Universal since that time, so I can’t really separate things.

First trip to Disney as an adult was in 2012. And really the last year has been the first time I’ve visited the parks enough to navigate them successfully (until they did the 13 months for the price of 12 offer on AP that we took advantage of for the last two Marathon Weekends we were a 1 Park a trip group).

That’s the long way of saying, “I don’t know.” I know I loved Figment when I was younger and had a stuffed animal and the current ride is, um, not the best; but I can’t say for sure I’d like the old version back, just something better than the current iteration.

Maybe someone else will hit on something I remember, but most of the recent closings/replacements seem properly timed and aren’t particularly heartbreaking for a relative Disney noob like myself.

What is something (attraction, show, menu item, literally anything!) that is no longer at Disney that you wish was still there?
I miss the tofu noodle bowl at the Brown Derby, Osborne Family Lights, and Wine & Dine as a night race. (Those three all go together...) I also miss Maelstrom, British Invasion, and Off Kilter.

Anyway, onto this week's Sundays are for Disney question... What is something (attraction, show, menu item, literally anything!) that is no longer at Disney that you wish was still there?
I would have loved to have seen Horizons. Old school Epcot has always intrigued me and Horizons was just that.

Sundays are for Disney:

I really miss the Adventurer's Club. My wife does dinner theater and local community theatre at home, and she was chosen to participate in the radio show skit at the Adventurer's Club. It was so funny and we still talk about it now, many years after the Adventurer's Club closed.

I miss the older prices too, particularly for dining!

Anyway, onto this week's Sundays are for Disney question... What is something (attraction, show, menu item, literally anything!) that is no longer at Disney that you wish was still there?

HS: Who wants to be a millionaire; Play It, Superstar TV
Epcot: Living Statues, Off Kilter, Tapestry Of Nations Parade
MK: Nothing
AK: Little Red!

Osbourne Lights for sure! And Wishes! I love Wishes! (HEA is great, but not as much of a heart tugging show as Wishes was for me.) Oh, and I know it's not a popular opinion, but I miss Mickey's Sorcerer hat at DHS!

Our first Disney race and first half marathon was the late night version of W&D. I really wish they would bring that back. It was so unique. Started shortly after 10 and finished shortly after midnight. You then pretty much had Epcot to yourself all night. I would not do it again in its current form, as it is really no different than any other Disney race.

They could still keep the challenge. It would make for quite a unique and interesting challenge with the 10K in the morning and half later that night.

Osbourne Lights for sure! And Wishes! I love Wishes! (HEA is great, but not as much of a heart tugging show as Wishes was for me.) Oh, and I know it's not a popular opinion, but I miss Mickey's Sorcerer hat at DHS!

I liked the sorcerer’s hat, too! Fortunately, we have a family photo in front of it.

And I LOVE Wishes/Celebrate the Magic.

I know RnR Vegas is a nighttime race, which would be a fun one! The post-race celebration options would be endless!

The Vegas marathon is on my bucket list and that ends at night on the strip. That would be so cool!

Main Street Electrical Parade. That's the only parade I remember from my first visit, and I still absolutely love it. I miss it. I want it back. I listen to the music sometimes.
Oh, and Wishes. I haven't seen Happily Ever After yet, and while I'm sure it's great, I don't think it will replace Wishes for me.

So ... kind of a big day today. I think today was the first time I actually told someone out loud that I want to run the WDW Marathon next year. I'm still not sure it's going to happen, but ... just saying it out loud for the first time seems like a big step.

MK - Mickey's Toontown at WDW. I have pictures of my oldest there but it was demoed for new Fantasyland when my two youngest went. Will have to get them out to DLR soon to see it there.
AK- runDisney Expedition Everest Challenge, would love to see them bring this back but not likely now that AK is open evenings.

Sunday is for Disney: things I miss

MK: Main Street Bakery
EP: all the neat stuff that used to be in the Innoventions buildings
HS: Osborne Lights
AK: nothing I can think of

So ... kind of a big day today. I think today was the first time I actually told someone out loud that I want to run the WDW Marathon next year. I'm still not sure it's going to happen, but ... just saying it out loud for the first time seems like a big step.
That’s definitely a big step and now it’s probably gonna happen and now I’m gonna want to also run it and I don’t know how I’m gonna make it happen but yeah...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts