That’s definitely a big step and now it’s probably gonna happen and now I’m gonna want to also run it and I don’t know how I’m gonna make it happen but yeah...

Look at me, causing trouble wherever I go ...
(There are still some things that need to fall into place before it can happen, so don't start making plans yet)

I know. I’ve never done 20 hours but I’ve done less than two months. Disney just makes it seem like you should be planning years in advance.

I usually start planning about a year out, but that's generally because of my level of excitement and the joy I get out of planning and tweaking my trip. Planning the trip is half the fun.

Sundays are for Disney:

Since I’ve only been to WDW once, my answers are all from Disneyland:

The Mali-boomer which used to be right by Screamin’ was basically a big kid Jumping Jellyfish. So much fun! They removed it several years ago.

The tomato bisque at Pacific Wharf now is only a season menu item, but I rarely feel like eating soup during the summer months. :sad2:

And lastly, the colossal chocolate chip cookie was removed from the Ghirardelli menu and replaced with a nasty new cookie. :sad:

Anyway, onto this week's Sundays are for Disney question... What is something (attraction, show, menu item, literally anything!) that is no longer at Disney that you wish was still there?

I miss the Mile 20 Spectacular!
:duck:

(I'm one of the few people that actually like it!)

It was mentioned before but I also miss the drawing classes at the animation attraction in DHS and the Sorcerer's hat there - I wanted to make an offer for it! Fantasia (and the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment) is one of all-time favorites.

I miss the Kim Possible missions at Epcot. They retro'd Phineas & Ferb to replace it but the KP missions were a blast!

I miss the Magic Shop on the front corner of Main Street. They still have it at DL which is awesome. I never could do magic but still love it anyway.

Lastly, I miss Tusker House not being a character buffet at AK. It used to be quiet and relaxing. Now...not so much.

I just realized my half PR was in December of 2016 so will be a month too old to use for next year's marathon.
Question: What is the POT cutoff for the marathon 2019? Is the current website accurate or has it not been fully updated. It says after 1/1/16. Should it say 1/1/17?

Proof of Time
Please remember, Proof of Time must be provided by October 9, 2018.

runDisney Proof of Time Guidelines:
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2016 and must be one of the below listed distances.

Question: What is the POT cutoff for the marathon 2019? Is the current website accurate or has it not been fully updated. It says after 1/1/16. Should it say 1/1/17?

Proof of Time
Please remember, Proof of Time must be provided by October 9, 2018.

runDisney Proof of Time Guidelines:
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2016 and must be one of the below listed distances.
That is likely a mistake (not the first time runDisney has made mistakes). That was the cutoff this this years PoT.

Sunday’s are for Disney:

I totally have to agree with Osborne’s Lights, we used to spend so much time there staring up and enjoying the holiday almosphere. Another that was shared that I have to copy - Electric Light Parade! I grew up seeing that parade in Disneyland, but it went away so long ago. Then I go to Disney World for the first time and my mouth just dropped open when I was looking at the parade times and saw that it was there. So sad it is gone now, again.

I will add The Great Movie Ride. I know that it was dated, but I just loved that ride and was always a must do!

Awe, MSEP! I have a VHS tape of it, lol, from DL. Love that parade!

I will go along with lots of you and say the Osbourne Lights and the night time W&D race. Our first runDisney race was the half of a half, 2015 fiasco W&D and after all the hoopla we were too wiped out to make it to the after party. Planned to redeem ourselves with the 2016 W&D night time race and we all know how THAT turned out.:mad:

Sundays are for Disney (a day late): It wasn't super popular but it holds a special place for me - "If You Had Wings." It was air conditioned and was free in that it didn't require a ticket in the days of the ticket books.

I'll echo @cavepig and say old school Epcot. The original Figment ride, World of Motion, Wonders of Life and my personal favorite, Horizons. I also miss the old Illuminations. There are still certain songs that were part of that like "Rhapsody in Blue" and I immediately think of that show.

I also wish my kids had a chance to see the Osborne Family Lights.

Sunday's are for Disney answer:

I miss the old Fastpass system, especially for runDisney trips. I really don't like having to lock in every day 2 months in advance. We really liked the ability to change the order/days we were going to particular parks based on how we were feeling, or weather, or drop a day for resting and make it up a different time. With scheduled Fastpasses, this is a lot harder to do, and has really started to wear on us during our trips.

Not sure if I am going to be at Marathon Weekend 2019, but I'm planning to continue to lurk here, just in case. =)
I miss old school EPCOT as well - the original Figment, Horizons, Body Wars and Cranium Command (I used to LOVE wandering around in the Wonders of Life pavilion...no surprise to anyone that I ended up in a healthcare profession).
I miss MSEP, but also SpectroMagic...I have that Music in the Park cd with the SpectroMagic Medley on it (instrumental, mostly piano). Some parts are a little melancholy, but I love it. Here it is from youtube:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter