Apologies in advance .... this thread is really long.

If someone could post the url for early Registration that would help a lot of folks, including me.

TYIA.

Apologies in advance .... this thread is really long.

If someone could post the url for early Registration that would help a lot of folks, including me.

TYIA.
For early registration you must either login to your DVC or AP account to find the link for registration. The runDisney page has a section on early registration that will take you to the correct respective pages.

Hi CDKG,

Is this the DVC page which will have the URL @ Noon EDT?:confused3

Is this the page via Run Disney? :confused3

Thanks!:worship:
Yes, I believe so. You will need to refresh your screen (and possibly clear your cookies). Sometimes some browsers may work better than others. This is the first official registration using this platform, so we shall see!

Last edited:

runDisney website says this:

Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.

I believe submitting POT is always better than not submitting, and estimate honestly based on the POT, either the POT in hand, or a reasonable POT before the cut-off.
The way I've heard is it is only better to submit POT if it is required for your estimated finish. If you select the drop downs for finish that don't require proof, you don't need to put it. They don't care about it or it might push you back farther than your estimate would put you. That's why that first corral without proof is probably so large. But, I don't know, I could be off too.

That sold out pretty fast it seems. Didn't it just go on sale a few weeks ago?
It went on sale months ago with Active and sold out. Then when they launched the new system a few weeks ago some Two Course Challenge spots did open back up. Which, sounds like those sold out again.

Last edited:
runDisney website says this:

Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.

I believe submitting POT is always better than not submitting, and estimate honestly based on the POT, either the POT in hand, or a reasonable POT before the cut-off.

If the past is reflective of the future on how they handle POT (which doesn't have to be the case), then this statement on the runDisney website is in regards to someone who is submitting a POT for placement in a corral needing a 2:45 HM or 5:30 M or less. If someone were to submit no POT, and estimate a 5:45 M, then runDisney only has the 5:45 M to seed them. Thus, they will seed them with other 5:45 marathoners (an estimated time that requires no POT).

Something else to keep in mind. If someone were to have a 1:30 HM POT, but put an estimated HM finish of a 2:30 (because they plan on taking pictures and such and assume they'll spend about an extra hour on course), then they will actually be seeded by the 2:30 estimated finish rather than the 1:30 HM POT. This means instead of a upfront corral, they will instead be towards the middle. This does not work in reverse though as someone with a 2:30 HM POT and an estimate of a 1:30 HM finish would very likely not be seeded with the 1:30 HM corral. They may end up with the 2:30 group, or they may end up in the last corral. Also based on past experiences, and does not necessarily have to reflect the future situations and how they are handled.

I will not register for any races. I will not register for any races. -today's mantra. LOL. I should really stop lurking and reading this thread to help with the temptation. Best of luck to everyone registering today!

let-the-games-begin-may-the-odds-beever-in-your-12585027.png

POT question, is it better to use my 1:44 HM time or 3:54 Marathon time for the Marathon? I'm not sure if anyone has a good guess as to what type of calculator RD may use for coral placement.

Some have had success emailing runDisney and asking what their conversion would be for a specific time. So you could try that. But I'll also take a stab at it.

Based on a very limited data set, I believe the runDisney conversion is a Riegel R of 1.08. The standard conversion is 1.06 and McMillan uses a 1.07.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 7.51.15 AM.png

So a 1:44:00 HM, would convert to a standard race equivalency conversion of 3:36, a McMillan of 3:38, and an estimated runDisney conversion of 3:39. All of these are better than your 3:54 marathon POT, thus I would suggest submitting the 1:44 HM time based on my above assumptions and limited data set.

BLUF (bottom line up front): DNF > DNS

Here's what you should really fear: being 90 years old, in a wheelchair, and wondering 'Could I have run a marathon?'

You can finish it, but you have to sign up first. It might be one-and-done. You can figure that out after you finish. BTW, your answer at the finish line and a week later might be different.
#NailedIt! :thumbsup2

Am I better off putting down less than 6 hours (say 5:45 to 6:00) with no proof or my 3:06?
Yes, absolutely. I haven't submitted PoT for the past 2 Dopeys and was not placed in the last corral. I chose whatever bracket included a 5:50 marathon finish time (that may have been its own bracket? I don't remember) and was placed at least 2 corrals above the last, might have been 3. No need to bother with PoT if not required for the finish time you select, and adding a PoT that's slower than your estimated finish time could be used to move you back.

Who's ready for tomorrow!?
Meeeeeeeee! :dancer:

Given our conversation yesterday about marathon fears, I thought it was fitting that I saw this blog post today. https://www.takinglongwayhome.com/2018/07/giving-runner-pep-talk-and-giveaway.html It's by a runner who has been struggling and went to a performance psychology workshop. The part that really stood out to me was the discussion of different mindsets, fixed mindset or growth mindset. Fixed mindsets avoid challenges because they reveal weaknesses. Growth mindsets see set backs as a way to evaluate, modify and push forward. I think that's something else I'm going to keep in mind. How can I work on things if I avoid challenges so much that I never see my weaknesses?

Does anyone know (or have a good guess at) how long ago a race can be to use it as proof of time for 2019 marathon weekend?

Thanks DopeyBadger, that was kind of the way I was leaning too. I'm looking at trying a new plan to see if I can actually get down into the 3:30's finally, just found the FIRST method, any thoughts on it?

Does anyone know (or have a good guess at) how long ago a race can be to use it as proof of time for 2019 marathon weekend?

From runDisney website:
“Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2017 and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.”

I’m going to try to sign up for the 10K today. On the DVC site there is a page that refers to registering through “links on this page”. There are no links on the page now. Should I expect those links to appear when the registration window opens at 11 CDT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter