There is a new requirement for charity bibs requiring hotel & ticket purchases. Team Up Autism Speaks has 10K bibs with a $500 fundraising commitment.
Hi Bree,

I PM'd Nikki. Our charity offers room and hotel discounts, but it is not mandatory AT ALL that we stay there or even purchase park tickets! We are staying at a one bedroom Villa in BLT. Other charities may differ.
Charities, do however have to rent a certain amount of rooms to stay a preferred charity. Our organization is a bigger one, so we are not mandated. TUA may be smaller, so they are mandating their runners to get the room through them to stay on preferred status.

For those of you who (like me) registered for your first marathon this week... Have your runs felt different ever since? I feel like I have a bigger purpose, a new goal. In less than 6 months I will be a marathoner. It’s all very exciting!
My 7 miles felt easy this morning, specially now that I know that’s only 1/4 of the distance I need to do.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

What a week! By now, I think most - if not all - of us are signed up for our respective marathon weekend races. With that in mind, this week's Sundays are for Disney is all about goals ... what are your for the weekend? These can be anything you want and don't feel like you have to stick to running or rattle off specific paces, times, etc. Instead, what does a fun and successful marathon weekend look like for you?

My goals:

Finish my first Dopey.
Achieve some sort of balance between competing in the races and spending time with my family.
Meet some fellow runDisney all-stars.
Try some new restaurants without compromising any races.
At least bounce in and out of DATW
Check out Toy Story Land and Pandora
Take a ton of photos

Have a great week, everyone.

My Goals:
Arrive healthy
Break out of my shell and say Hi to fellow Diser's floating around the BC
Run and finish the 10K with my DW
Convince my DW that it's OK to have a drink a mile before we finish
Improve on my 2:07 half marathon time from last year
Cheer on the full marathon runners from the BC
Enjoy 4 more days of vaca after marathon weekend
Leave healthy

The end!

My Goals:
Arrive healthy
Break out of my shell and say Hi to fellow Diser's floating around the BC
Run and finish the 10K with my DW
Convince my DW that it's OK to have a drink a mile before we finish
Improve on my 2:07 half marathon time from last year
Cheer on the full marathon runners from the BC
Enjoy 4 more days of vaca after marathon weekend
Leave healthy

The end!

Arrive healthy and stay healthy, I like that.

1. Actually train. Last year's training was a good effort for me until early December, when an Achilles injury derailed it.
2. Don't plan, don't stress. My boyfriend hasn't decided between the half and the full, but either way, I learned in January that we may work in a recovery day regardless. I have a bit of a reputation for being a slave driver when we travel.

Sundays are for Disney:

I am planning to go for PR's at every distance for Dopey next year. I've been under-prepared the last three years and really want to put forth my best effort again. When I get there the plans may change because the goal is more about having the ability to go 6 for 6 on PR's (including Goofy and Dopey) than it is about actually achieving it (characters and rides may be calling). The reality is my PR's are achievable enough that I may be able to attain it even with character and ride stops during the Marathon.

Outside of that it's always about arriving and staying healthy and having a great Disney racecation.

Sundays are for Disney:

I am planning to go for PR's at every distance for Dopey next year. I've been under-prepared the last three years and really want to put forth my best effort again. When I get there the plans may change because the goal is more about having the ability to go 6 for 6 on PR's (including Goofy and Dopey) than it is about actually achieving it (characters and rides may be calling). The reality is my PR's are achievable enough that I may be able to attain it even with character and ride stops during the Marathon.

Outside of that it's always about arriving and staying healthy and having a great Disney racecation.
Ride stops, I just don't know if I could do. I've thought about it, but I have this fear of then completely falling apart after getting off it. Which rides are you thinking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter