Besides staying healthy and injury free like others, I hope to be able to enjoy noticing the little things while we are in the parks. Our first trip, while wonderful, was a whirlwind trying to do and see is much as we could with the limited time we had. I hope to be able to stop and smell the roses this time!

Upgrading from lurker status since I’m actually registered for the weekend...

SAFD question: Goal is to come in healthy and just have fun during the races! Plan to stop for a bunch of photos and hopefully enjoy a little bit of time in the parks.

Goals for Marathon Weekend:

• Arrive and stay healthy (no Dopey 2018 bronchitis repeat)
  • Complete Goofy
  • Shepherd DD20 through the joys of RunDisney to finish her 1st marathon
  • Enjoy DATW and other meets with you fine people

Last edited:

Ride stops, I just don't know if I could do. I've thought about it, but I have this fear of then completely falling apart after getting off it. Which rides are you thinking?

ToT and Rock N Roller Coaster are the ones that I'd like to do. I've passed them in plenty of time in the past and chickened out (because going with the flow and staying on course was easier than being different and getting in line). I have no fear of the rides or how my legs would feel afterward, it's 100% a fear of being different.

Goals:
-finish first full, first Dopey not feeling terrible (so well trained and healthy)
-take a few character photos during the races and take pictures with each of the characters at the start/finish with my husband
-gather the courage to meet up with internet friends (you guys!)
-enjoy my kid free vacation. I usually don’t have a problem with this one but I will need to remind myself that I need to relax with getting ready for the races. Straying from plans a little isn’t the end of the world.

Marathon Weekend Goals:

1 - No Dopey this year, so time goals are in play. As of now they are a sub 50 10k and 4:20 Full.
2 - Spend time with family and friends. Hopefully make some new friends too!
3 - Enjoy any park time that I get. Not a priority.
4 - Have some nice dining at Disney Springs.
5 - Figure out how to get the most from these solo trips.

Do more yoga so I can be healthy enough to pack up the camper by myself in case my husband is out of commission after his first ever Goofy and marathon. Last year I went back to the offsite hotel and didn’t move. Mistake? I felt like I got hit by a bus the next day but was able to move around

I did my first Goofy ever last year and had a blast. Seriously doubt adding on the 5k and 10k will be too burdensome. I will definitely be more prepared with throw away cold gear.

Dining options I think I’m going to plan on having quiet dinners the week except I want to wear some bling the night before the Marathon and the Half to Mickeys BBQ and the Hoop De Hoo

WDW Marathon Weekend Goals:
My number one goal is to finish my first full marathon, in one piece, and hopefully enjoying the journey! (I have A, B, and C time goals, but being my first marathon, I will keep those to myself.)

This will also be my first WDW Marathon weekend, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the Expo (let's all cross our fingers for a positive experience now...), the Pluto themed 5k (#characterphotos), and the overall energy of the weekend throughout WDW resort!

My final goal is to enjoy my time at the parks and at WDW resort (hopefully without negatively affecting my race performance).

Good luck to everyone with your training and trip planning!

SAFD- Goals
Finish my first Marathon- with a drink in hand!
Finish Dopey- healthy and still walking up right
Ride Everest
Take a TON of photos!
Have FUN!
Meet some RD/DIS folks
Figure out how to complete a half "slow enough" not to be fried for the full- aka Galloway
Stay OFF my feet on Saturday afternoon
Enjoy Beach Club for the first time
FOP and Slinky Dog FP
Enjoy the get-a-way with my husband without my girls "teenage angst free"
Have all 3 critical flights in/out of Denver leave without any snow delays - January (fingers crossed)

SAFD- Goals
Finish my first Marathon- with a drink in hand!
Finish Dopey- healthy and still walking up right
Ride Everest
Take a TON of photos!
Have FUN!
Meet some RD/DIS folks
Figure out how to complete a half "slow enough" not to be fried for the full- aka Galloway
Stay OFF my feet on Saturday afternoon
Enjoy Beach Club for the first time
FOP and Slinky Dog FP
Enjoy the get-a-way with my husband without my girls "teenage angst free"
Have all 3 critical flights in/out of Denver leave without any snow delays - January (fingers crossed)
I stopped for Everest unplanned last year with the balloon ladies 30 minutes behind me and still had time to stop in Mexico for a margarita to cross the finish line with. It was so ridiculous and fun

SAFD
• Remain healthy to train and run
• Enjoy our first adults-only Disney trip since we had kids
• Spend true, quality, couples time with my wife as we vacation and run together
• Try to ignore my alpha competitive instincts and run for the joy of it instead of forcing said wife to run faster
• Stop at least once and just take a deep breath while looking out over the park in the early morning.

Try starting with a pace group 15 min slower than your predicted fitness level on race day. I did that at a National park half marathon because my group was doing a big hike the next day, and it worked for me. I did speed up for the last few miles because I felt so great, but my legs were still in much better condition than several of my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter