All this cold weather talk has me thinking about having a backup plan to drive my car to Epcot. I can hibernate in there until the last minute.

It’s pretty much what I ALWAYS do. Lol. Nap in car, get some character photos, nap in car, be the last person lollygagging to my corral. I’m def one of the people the Run DISNEY people are yelling “get to your corrals Runner’s!” at!! Lol. Hey, hanging out in your corral an hour before your take off is shenanigans. :D

Disney had space heaters out but they didn't work. People still huddled around them for the imaginary warmth.
Hey, you never know when they might suddenly start working. And then you’ll be perfectly placed!

Getting in late on the training question -- I'm using a version of Hansons for the marathon training. Right now I"m building up to that to run a half marathon September 30.

For once, it's helpful to be Canadian. Training for the marathon in November/December is actually great training for the possibility of cold weather in Florida for the WDW marathon. Running the first part of the marathon at 30+ degrees (F), is easy when you're used to training at similar temps that don't warm up as you go along and you're also fighting nasty winds!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! This thread has gotten awfully quiet in the past few days, I assume it's because you're all running your butts off these days?? Ha ha.

Let's get everybody talking again with a little Sundays are for Disney. This week's question is about what I like to call "Disney magic." Disney magic is a little tough to describe, but it's when you're on property and you have an extraordinary experience with a cast member or fellow visitor. Maybe a character did something out of the ordinary to make your child smile, perhaps a CM provided you with some "above the call of duty" level of service or maybe another visitor just did something really nice to make your day. And hey, if you wanna #humblebrag about something you did to make someone else's day, be my (our) guest...

I don't have a super extraordinary stories off the top of my head, but some examples I can think of:

- Some folks giving us a few anytime use Fastpasses (back in the paper days) since it was their last day
- A CM finding us a spot to sit during Wishes! on our first trip when our view was blocked by some trees on the bridge to Liberty Square
- We were sitting on the bus, waiting to leave the expo and it was taking forever. Two nice women gave my daughter (who was 2 at the time) a Mickey plush to play with while we waited. She was so happy. When we got back to the hotel, we offered it back to the women and they said to keep it.
- That same trip on our last night we were taking the bus back to the hotel and a girl on the bus, teenage to maybe early 20s, was playing a peek-a-boo game with my daughter and making her so happy. My youngest is usually kind of shy around strangers, so it was really sweet to see her playing and smiling with someone she'd never met

I can't wait to read some of your stories. Have a great week, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter