because nothing new on race day

Granted I wear costumes at Disney races that I’ve never worn before, so I break that rule a lot, but I’ve also never had a problem with any tech shirt ever, so for non-disney races I always wear the race shirt. If I hate it, I may never wear it again, so it’s my one chance.

It’s to sell bibs. They know people pay for bibs based on swag.
Oh, I know that :)

I earned my shirt by paying for it.

(I'm not planning on wearing my shirt to the race, because nothing new on race day, but I am using the race shirt as a way of getting out of having to decide what to wear post-race :))
Same, makes it easy to know what to wear after the race, but then I'm sad when I run out of new race shirts (either the included or any bought ones) & have to wear something I brought. I feel so plain then, haha!

Yeah I know it's superstitious, but I won't wear a race shirt before I've completed the race. I even feel a little bit guilty about trying the shirts on at the expo to make sure they fit.

I always wear my race shirt after the race with my medal. I feel like I’ll be jinxed wearing it before I cross the finish line.

Same. I’m way too superstitious. I won’t buy any “I did it” merch for the same reason. It’s just asking for trouble, ha ha.

Although I guess wearing the race shirt during the race just means you KNOW you will be finishing! I typically do that for the big themed 5k runs locally where everyone dresses like Santa or Ditka.
Is Ditka driving the pace car? Or bike?

That old Saturday Night Live skit always cracked me up.

Same. I’m way too superstitious. I won’t buy any “I did it” merch for the same reason. It’s just asking for trouble, ha ha.

I'm like that for distance magnets. I wouldn't buy one at the expos. Prior to my last race my husband saw they were giving out free ones on race morning and I would only take one if he actually was the one to grab it and put it in his bag. And I wasn't allowed to take it from him until after the race at our car.

Is Ditka driving the pace car? Or bike?

That old Saturday Night Live skit always cracked me up.

He's sitting at the race start smoking a cigar and yelling at all of us to not take all day. (this really happened in real life at the Ditka Dash)

I'm like that for distance magnets. I wouldn't buy one at the expos. Prior to my last race my husband saw they were giving out free ones on race morning and I would only take one if he actually was the one to grab it and put it in his bag. And I wasn't allowed to take it from him until after the race at our car.

I was pretty close to having my wife purchase a shirt for me with the instructions that if I didn't finish, she throw it away. It didn't *quite* come to that, though.

I just ordered a shirt for my Tiki room costume to go with my tropical skirt. It's cotton...I know I know. So if it sucks during a long training run then I'll just wear it on vacation instead of during the race. I've got an InB tropical tank if this is no bueno for running.
Ps that's not me in the pic!
IMG_4728.jpg IMG_4731.jpg

My costume, as long as the weather agrees, is going to be blue running shorts, possibly blue running shoes, a hat, and an R2D2 tank top. I might try to find some R2D2 ears to put on top of my hat...

If the weather is colder...I do not know. For this year's marathon I was C3PO in robot capris and C3PO shirt.

I just ordered a shirt for my Tiki room costume to go with my tropical skirt. It's cotton...I know I know. So if it sucks during a long training run then I'll just wear it on vacation instead of during the race. I've got an InB tropical tank if this is no bueno for running.
Ps that's not me in the pic!
View attachment 359594 View attachment 359595

I might pick up a cotton shirt as part of a running costume. I’m honestly figuring on wearing a compression shirt underneath for warmth and I’ll use that outfit for the 5K.

My costume, as long as the weather agrees, is going to be blue running shorts, possibly blue running shoes, a hat, and an R2D2 tank top. I might try to find some R2D2 ears to put on top of my hat...

If the weather is colder...I do not know. For this year's marathon I was C3PO in robot capris and C3PO shirt.

Costumes are tomorrow’s SAFD!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are less than 80 days from the kickoff of marathon weekend, let's celebrate with some Sundays are for Disney:

I was going to save this one for closer to Halloween, but since everyone is so eager to talk costumes, let's dive right in: what is everyone planning to wear for their race(s)? Obviously, weather is going to play a big role in this. Also, feel free to chime in if you're not wearing a costume or special outfit, it's still a good way for everyone to compare plans.

The only official race outfit I have planned is (probably) for the full. I had an Incredibles long-sleeve compression shirt made that I'll wear with black shorts and - depending on the weather - my standard black running tights. I might pick up some black wrist sweatbands to complete the ensemble, but who knows.

Aside from that, I have my eyes on a Buzz Lightyear t-shirt that I might wear for the 5K over a compression shirt. I also have a few super hero themed compression shirts that I'll probably bust out for the 10K and half if it's warm enough - the long-sleeve Captain America shirt is probably only for 50 degrees and above and the short-sleeve Spider-Man shirt is probably best for 60 and above, but I can pair it with another compression shirt.

Anyway, that's what I've got for now. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas. Post pics if you've got 'em! Have a good week, everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter