My Sundays are for Disney answer:

I ran my first full marathon at Disney in 2017. Thought it would be a one and done, but now my goal is to do another. I want to have more fun the second time around--get some photos and not worry about getting swept. To that end, I've signed up for a half in April that I'd like to PR and submit for proof of time. Goal is to finish in 2:45, which would be lightening speed for me.

My plan is to do the 5k and half “just for fun,” put maybe 80 percent effort into the 10k and go all out for the half. I don’t know how that will work out, but I’m looking forward to finding out!

What is the Virginia Wine? I live in the Hershey area now and did Hershey half in 2016. Hoping to do the 10K in April and the half there in 2018.

One of the Destination Races that are at wine venues (e.g., Napa, Sonoma, Santa Barbara). It's the first weekend in June. The course is kind of meh, as it doesn't really go through vineyards, but they have a local wine and music festival after the race.

My goal for 2018 is to PR in the 10K (set in 2013) and Half (set in 2014). The larger goal behind that is to train consistently, which hasn’t happened since I started running in 2007. I love food and being lazy too much.

I’m probably in for the half marathon next year, since it’s my favorite race in the world. I’ve run it solo every year it’s been offered since 2012, although 2018 was my favorite yet because my boyfriend and I did it together.

but with registration the week of dark Side

That’s interesting timing on their parts, but it’s on Tuesday before the weekend starts, so why not try?

Sundays are for Disney

My RD goal for this year is to officially register for Dopey 2019 and faithfully follow the Galloway training plan!
And to run the most expensive Disney race- Castaway Cay in June

Go bigger and more expensive; do the paid-actually-5k on castaway on the cruise after marathon weekend! :)

(If they continue that cruise)

That’s interesting timing on their parts, but it’s on Tuesday before the weekend starts, so why not try?
Cause Week of 4/15 I'm already off Saturday (it's my one guaranteed day off for the week) and am taking off Thursday and Friday for Light Side (and possibly taking a partial day off Wednesday so I don't have to close) I can't afford taking off Tuesday as well that week though if I happen to be on break or get off of work and there are spots available we'll see how ambitious I'm feeling LOL....
I'm planning to do the half (or full if I feel comfortable with trying) in 2022 so I can run through the castle during the 50th celebration.

All those that ran this year can tell you how cold it was waiting around. My wife and I thought it was perfect running weather, but not perfect weather for standing around for 2+ hours.

As soon as we saw how cold it might be and prior to leaving, we bought mylar blankets from Amazon, throwaway clothes from Walmart as well as some very cheap flannel blankets. Enough for all four days of racing. Best money we spent the whole weekend. We were able to stay pretty warm while waiting around. We'd basically sit in the corrals all bundled up until we absolutely had to stand.

That's the best advice I can give for those running next year.

All those that ran this year can tell you how cold it was waiting around. My wife and I thought it was perfect running weather, but not perfect weather for standing around for 2+ hours.

As soon as we saw how cold it might be and prior to leaving, we bought mylar blankets from Amazon, throwaway clothes from Walmart as well as some very cheap flannel blankets. Enough for all four days of racing. Best money we spent the whole weekend. We were able to stay pretty warm while waiting around. We'd basically sit in the corrals all bundled up until we absolutely had to stand.

That's the best advice I can give for those running next year.

I agree completely. It’s been cold the past two marathon weekends and the safe bet seems to be stocking up on cold gear and throwaway layers.

I’ve already asked my wife to keep a lookout for sweatshirts or hoodies on sale or at consignment stores.

I will be running the marathon in 2019, and anyone worried about the cold shouldn't be because the last time I ran the race it was 68-70 degrees and 1,000,000 % RH. It has been great marathon weather since then. 2019 will be the year of singlets!!!! I really hope it isnt though.

My "Sundays Are for Disney" response is a bit tardy- sorry! I was so enthralled with following all things marathon weekend!

Disney Goal: Commit to Marathon Weekend
Running Goal: I am equal parts excited and terrified about signing up for the full, so once (if?) I confirm, my running year will be focused on preparing for that. I'd like to get a proof of time for <5:30 (my last half was 2:38, so I am awfully close).

At first I was thinking maybe I'll just do the Marathon or Goofy next year. Now I am thinking maybe Dopey again. That might mean no D23 expo though. I really do love Marathon Weekend.

And one of these years, the weather is bound to be a little more Florida-like for the marathon, right? I'd be pretty psyched with low to mid-50s.

Seems like you better come on down next year. Just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter