Oh I’m kicking myself for sure...
You and me, both. GAH!

Product suggestions please! I typically wear race bibs on my leg to avoid having to move it when shedding layers but it it seems like that's a no-no for Disney events? Anyone have suggestions for bib clips that will make it easier to move the bib from jacket to shirt as it warms up? Thanks!
I know people who pin bibs to their legs - it's allowable. The chip will register no matter where you place your bib, but if the number isn't easily visible from the front, you may miss out on PhotoPass pics. The hitch is that rD bibs are gigantic, so if you have skinny thighs, it'll have to wrap around your leg and some numbers won't be visible.

The leg-pin method does not work for me, so when I know I'll have layers to contend with, I pin my bib to a belt. Belt goes on top of outermost layer and as I remove layers, the belt just goes on the next outermost one.

If you go to the RunDisney site the races are still selling at their original prices. As I understand it, the fire sales we have been seeing are from TAs who requested more bibs than they were able to sell. Now they are desperate to get whatever they can so they don't end up eating the entire cost of the bibs. I would hesitate to draw too many conclusions from TA sales, especially given the additional restrictions they've been operating under. RunDisney maintaining their normal cost structure suggests to me that they are at least content with the volume of sales for the race weekend since they haven't done anything to try to generate significant numbers of extra sales.

Disney did offer coupons in the W&D gift bag. I think they were fairly decent coupons. As far as TAs - Disney may not care this year bc they already have that money. But next year when TAs don’t take as many or any bc they couldn’t sell them this year, then Disney is going to have cover a lot more registrations if the trend continues.

When charities and TAs are looking to literally dump bibs there is an issue. This is a down year for marathon weekend.

Having a couple of down years could actually be a very positive development from a runner-centric standpoint. There have been many complaints about the perceived value and benefits of the RunDisney race weekends declining while prices steadily rose. Down years should spur rD to reevaluate their models and take actions to bring runners back either through lowering prices or adding swag/benefits. Not to mention it's refreshing from a registration standpoint not to have to stress about registering in April for something you're not sure if you want to run 8 months later. I like having the option to make a later decision on whether to register.

Having a couple of down years could actually be a very positive development from a runner-centric standpoint. There have been many complaints about the perceived value and benefits of the RunDisney race weekends declining while prices steadily rose. Down years should spur rD to reevaluate their models and take actions to bring runners back either through lowering prices or adding swag/benefits. Not to mention it's refreshing from a registration standpoint not to have to stress about registering in April for something you're not sure if you want to run 8 months later. I like having the option to make a later decision on whether to register.
I don’t disagree. I’m just saying this weekend isn’t doing as well as the last few years. Obviously we thought there would be a drop after the big anniversary year but I think this is even a bigger drop than runDisney expected.

Disney did offer coupons in the W&D gift bag. I think they were fairly decent coupons. As far as TAs - Disney may not care this year bc they already have that money. But next year when TAs don’t take as many or any bc they couldn’t sell them this year, then Disney is going to have cover a lot more registrations if the trend continues.
I believe if you ran New York they were offering the same W&D discounts at the New York booth too. There were definitely multiple discount options.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was like a $25 discount. At least to me, that's not a great discount when looking at a $400-$600 challenge cost. We're also missing some very important data, too. We have a decent idea of rDs race capacity, but we don't know how many registrations they have to sell to turn a profit. I doubt they have to sell out to consider it a successful race weekend. Extra bib sales are always good for them, but I think the fact that they are not having a fire sale on bibs themselves indicates that they're probably at least comfortable with the sales levels.

Weekly Weather Update for Marathon Weekend:

11/28/18 Forecast:
Date - Morning Low - Daytime High - Conditions
1/10 - 54 - 74 - PM Rain
1/11 - 55 - 75 - AM T-Storm, Cloudy
1/12 - 55 - 76 - Cloudy, a T-Storm
1/13 - 54 - 76 - A T-Storm or Two

12/6/18 Forecast:
1/10 - 51 - 72 - Sunny
1/11 - 51 - 71 - Mostly Sunny
1/12 - 55 - 78 - Partly Sunny
1/13 - 53 - 77 - A Couple of PM Showers

12/12/18 Forecast:
1/10 - 53 - 76 - Low Clouds
1/11 - 52 - 70 - Mostly Cloudy, a little rain
1/12 - 46 - 69 - Periods of rain
1/13 - 44 - 67 - Clouds and sun

12/19/18 Forecast:
1/10 - 44 - 63 - Sunny
1/11 - 43 - 61 - Sunny
1/12 - 44 - 63 - Cloudy
1/13 - 47 - 65 – Mostly Sunny

This weeks update is about as good as you can ask for during marathon weekend! Can we lock this one in?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was like a $25 discount. At least to me, that's not a great discount when looking at a $400-$600 challenge cost. We're also missing some very important data, too. We have a decent idea of rDs race capacity, but we don't know how many registrations they have to sell to turn a profit. I doubt they have to sell out to consider it a successful race weekend. Extra bib sales are always good for them, but I think the fact that they are not having a fire sale on bibs themselves indicates that they're probably at least comfortable with the sales levels.
Dopey and Goofy was a $50 discount. I believe it was $25-30 off the half/full.

The bib numbers are more evidence that registration numbers are down. Exact same proof of time and my Dopey bib number is 1200 lower this year than last year.
Anecdotally, my half marathon bib is 700 higher despite equivalent PoT, and my boyfriend’s half bib number is 200 higher despite identical PoT.

My bib has me in e, which is strange since I didn’t submit a pot. I’m not complaining as that’s where I think I should be but we’ll see I guess.

I’m loving that weather forecast. Hope it holds!

I don’t disagree. I’m just saying this weekend isn’t doing as well as the last few years. Obviously we thought there would be a drop after the big anniversary year but I think this is even a bigger drop than runDisney expected.

Don’t discount those who put off another year so they could do marathon weekend and galaxy’s edge in 2020. That’s another incentive to skip this year.

Well now I am even more depressed. Based on those corrals I would have moved up to corral A so clearly the attendance is down, but I also had a better POT so that could have contributed too. (Bib 1944 last year and 741 this year).:sad1:

Well, it would be awesome if the corrals are the same as last year, but I'm betting they'll be different. If they are correct, we'd be up in C versus D last year. Now, last year we did run Dopey and this year is the 10K and marathon, so maybe not doing a challenge means they seeded us a bit higher? Who knows? I'm anxious for the official corrals now though because I'd be thrilled with a C corral for the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter