So there is beer available for purchase after the finish line of the full, right? It's basically the only question my husband has asked me about the entire weekend.

There's beer for purchase along the way too. Tell him not to sell himself short. :)

Yes just don’t try to bring beer on the buses

A bike water bottle works really well as a container in which to carry beer onto a bus. Or so I've heard. ;)

Regarding weather - it's WAY too early to look at any details! But we've had a pattern so far this season: warm day, followed by a day or two of severe weather (rain, high winds, hail, tornadoes), followed by a few days of cool weather, then repeat. Having cold fronts roll through isn't unusual, but the consistency of this pattern is a bit out of the norm. No idea whether it's expected to continue like this all winter, but the general forecast was for a wetter than normal winter in FL, so maybe (winter is normally our dry season.)

I would love for the corrals to be the same as last year ... but I dont think they will be. The question will just be how they do the changes - do they do a wider range of POT in each corral or do they make each corral smaller? Or both?
... this will probably also depend on how many people submitted POT and how many did not

Either way... I'm interested to see how it goes.

Also ... does anyone have a chart of corrals for the 10K from last year? I dont remember if they do an official one, but an unofficial would be good too. Just trying to get a vague idea of where I will be, assuming corrals dont change too significantly.

My bib for the marathon is 27xx. According to last year’s corrals, that would put me in C and I was expecting D. Add me to the list of people who thinks that due to lower registration this year’s distribution will be different. Hopefully we get the new corral breakdown soon!

Regarding weather - it's WAY too early to look at any details! But we've had a pattern so far this season: warm day, followed by a day or two of severe weather (rain, high winds, hail, tornadoes), followed by a few days of cool weather, then repeat. Having cold fronts roll through isn't unusual, but the consistency of this pattern is a bit out of the norm. No idea whether it's expected to continue like this all winter, but the general forecast was for a wetter than normal winter in FL, so maybe (winter is normally our dry season.)

I keep telling myself it is too early to look at tomorrow’s weather (MMVCP in a thunderstorm with little people is not sounding like fun), so if you can guarantee it will be above 10F I will skip all the weather posts until the night I pack :)

Regarding bib assignments, if the corrals correspond to last year, a 1:12 10k POT put me in E and 1:13 10k POT friend into F for the half. DB’s math did not support this, so I will be curious to see how it shakes out!

Last edited:
Count me in the camp of "something must be different". I fully expected to be B for the marathon based on where I've been in previous years and my POT, but my number (4xx) would put me in the middle of A runners based on last year's distribution :eek: I did not improve that much this year.

I keep telling myself it is too early to look at tomorrow’s weather (MMVCP in a thunderstorm with little people is not sounding like fun), so if you can guarantee it will be above 10F I will skip all the weather posts until the night I pack :)!
Wish I could, but I never foresaw SNOW at WDW, so yeah - anything is possible lol! But 10 is really, really unlikely. Does that help?! :)

I'm sticking with my guess that corral entrance requirements remain unchanged. A change in number of runners would influence bib #s though. It'll certainly be interesting to see the real information when it is released.

screen-shot-2018-08-09-at-6-34-24-am-png.342560

Also ... does anyone have a chart of corrals for the 10K from last year? I dont remember if they do an official one, but an unofficial would be good too. Just trying to get a vague idea of where I will be, assuming corrals dont change too significantly.

Based on 2017 corrals it was somewhat close to this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 10.17.01 AM.png

That pace is the estimated pace you entered at registration. It was based on only a very few number of data points so the chance of error is large.

Based on last year I'm in C!! There are about 300 bibs behind me until D. So I still think that's close enough to consider me on the borderline. We shall see. I was always guessing I'd be in D.

My friend who is potentially faster than me (so was thinking about just running on her own and us hanging in the parks that night) is likely in the very last corral. She did not have a recent POT to use and choose the slowest time at registration bc was unsure how training would go. Her last long enough race I think was WDW marathon in 2016.

So now my gut is saying I'll be running solo since I really don't want to be forced to walk due to crowding. Am I being selfish?

Based on last year I'm in C!! There are about 300 bibs behind me until D. So I still think that's close enough to consider me on the borderline. We shall see. I was always guessing I'd be in D.

My friend who is potentially faster than me (so was thinking about just running on her own and us hanging in the parks that night) is likely in the very last corral. She did not have a recent POT to use and choose the slowest time at registration bc was unsure how training would go. Her last long enough race I think was WDW marathon in 2016.

So now my gut is saying I'll be running solo since I really don't want to be forced to walk due to crowding. Am I being selfish?
I don’t think it is selfish, I think it is a question of what kind of fun you want and that is different for everyone. That said, i was feeling a little guilty when I thought my friend may be in a corral behind as I am faster and it is my first half so I sort of want to see how it goes on my terms- so I get your feelings and continue to struggle with this myself.

I don’t think it is selfish, I think it is a question of what kind of fun you want and that is different for everyone. That said, i was feeling a little guilty when I thought my friend may be in a corral behind as I am faster and it is my first half so I sort of want to see how it goes on my terms- so I get your feelings and continue to struggle with this myself.

This is very true. This is supposed to be my relaxing, zen trip where I don't care about E ticket rides etc. But I also love stopping for pictures and love running at my speed which I'm now scared will not be possible from H. hmmmmmmm.
Anyone have this scenario and would like to let me know what they decided and how it went?

Spectator Question... Is it realistic to have my husband spectate in DHS and then make it to the finish line in time to see me finish? I'm guessing I should for sure be <45 min between the 2 spots. How does one get from DHS to the finish line? Take the Epcot bus?

I also have no idea what to wear for the marathon, which is very unlike me. I don't think I'll wear shorts... but is it going to be too warm for long sleeves?? Is it a faux pas to re-wear a shirt made for another rD weekend? Maybe I should get a sparkle skirt?

I also have no idea what to wear for the marathon, which is very unlike me. I don't think I'll wear shorts... but is it going to be too warm for long sleeves?? Is it a faux pas to re-wear a shirt made for another rD weekend? Maybe I should get a sparkle skirt?

I’m wearing short sleeves for the marathon. Even if I freeze at the beginning from dropping throwaway layers too early, I know I’ll be on the course long enough that long sleeves will be unnecessary. My sister and I are wearing capris with circle skirts over them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter