I’m out. After the pneumonia and downpour 10k of 2016, the cancelled half of 2017 and a bunch of unrelated mishaps surrounding my first (and only) dopey.. I’ve decided this race weekend is out to get me. Fiancé will continue to run the marathon, so I will be on the course cheering you guys on. Taking requests now if you need anything (within limits)

In the blink of an eye it goes from a focus on the 2018 Marathon Weekend to the 2019 Marathon Weekend. I am in (at this point) to continue my Dopey streak. I am not a perfect Dopey but I do have three now. And what is better than three Dopeys? Well, four of course!

As for goals this year:
- Resting for the remainder of January, letting the legs heal up.
- 2000 miles
- complete my first 100 mile race (this summer)
- Complete my 9th and 10th marathon (which would be Dopey!)

I’m in for Marathon Weekend #8 and Dopey #6. After a nightmare weekend this year from a health and preparedness standpoint I need the redemption. I also endured way too much pain to keep my perfect Dopey alive to just throw it away now.

Running a half in Cleveland in May to get my PoT updated and to keep my training cycle going.

Already looking forward to the vacation as well. Excited that it’s not over New Year’s next year and plan on booking a few days after the races this time instead of an early Monday AM flight for the first time in four years.

We are planning to skip marathon weekend for 2019. :( Not sure if we'll come back to it again or not. Thinking we might focus on some other races in the coming years and we do have Chicago for the fall of this year. However, I'm going to lurk on this thread to drive myself crazy from the FOMO.

I'm also in, just not sure what races. Sunday's marathon was my first ever, and came on the heels of major weight loss over the past year and half. I didn't know what to expect. Trained well, but as fate would have it, suffered anterior tibialis tendonitis during my final long rin 3 weeks ahead of the race. I worked out the tendonitis, but essentially lost about 2/3 of my taper runs trying to get better. So, needless to say I was a nervous wreck between downtime, the injury, and never having run a marathon. Overall, I was happy with my performance. It could have been better. I over-hydrated and had to make seven (yes, that's right, 7) restroom stops. Cost me about 20 minutes+ in time. I never over hydrate so not sure what that was about. Anyhow, I finished 13,555 out of 25,500 registrants and just over 20,000 finishers. Next time, I'll know what to expect so I should be in a better position mentally to handle the race. Thank you to everyone here that helped me thru this event! It was an absolute awesome time!

I'm also in, just not sure what races. Sunday's marathon was my first ever, and came on the heels of major weight loss over the past year and half. I didn't know what to expect. Trained well, but as fate would have it, suffered anterior tibialis tendonitis during my final long rin 3 weeks ahead of the race. I worked out the tendonitis, but essentially lost about 2/3 of my taper runs trying to get better. So, needless to say I was a nervous wreck between downtime, the injury, and never having run a marathon. Overall, I was happy with my performance. It could have been better. I over-hydrated and had to make seven (yes, that's right, 7) restroom stops. Cost me about 20 minutes+ in time. I never over hydrate so not sure what that was about. Anyhow, I finished 13,555 out of 25,500 registrants and just over 20,000 finishers. Next time, I'll know what to expect so I should be in a better position mentally to handle the race. Thank you to everyone here that helped me thru this event! It was an absolute awesome time!
You didn't over-hydrate, it was the cool weather. It's called "cold diuresis". I was curious about the same thing a while back. It's the body's way of preserving heat when it feels that you may be in danger of hypothermia, and makes you urinate more frequently. What were you wearing during the marathon? I usually dress warm to avoid this.

Hi everybody - I've been on the boards before, but not for years (it was for our last WDW trip back in '13). I wanted to re-join the boards as we prep for our next trip! This time it's for our first WDW Marathon Weekend in 2019. This is something that I've wanted to do for years. I am an active runner and just ran my 4th and 5th marathons in 2017. My bros-in-law and I have set our sights on running the Dopey, and it just happens to fall into one brother's 25th wedding anniversary and the 20th wedding anniversary for us other two... so this is going to be a no kids' trip, and our spouses are really looking forward to it! We are from Utah, and the only runDisney race I've ran was the inaugural Disneyland half in 2006. We go to DLR quite a bit, but we generally don't plan our trip around races.

One initial question for all of you experts - I know the Dopey sells out quickly, but is this something that I need to be prepped for right at registration opening to sign up as soon as it opens, or does it take longer to sell out (i.e. a few hours or the first couple of days)? I guess I could have looked at some of the other topics, but thought you guys might be able to answer my question just as easily. I just want to be prepared on April 19th.

Looking forward to pressing you all for more details over the coming months! Looking forward to next year. The countdown has begun!

Hi everybody - I've been on the boards before, but not for years (it was for our last WDW trip back in '13). I wanted to re-join the boards as we prep for our next trip! This time it's for our first WDW Marathon Weekend in 2019. This is something that I've wanted to do for years. I am an active runner and just ran my 4th and 5th marathons in 2017. My bros-in-law and I have set our sights on running the Dopey, and it just happens to fall into one brother's 25th wedding anniversary and the 20th wedding anniversary for us other two... so this is going to be a no kids' trip, and our spouses are really looking forward to it! We are from Utah, and the only runDisney race I've ran was the inaugural Disneyland half in 2006. We go to DLR quite a bit, but we generally don't plan our trip around races.

One initial question for all of you experts - I know the Dopey sells out quickly, but is this something that I need to be prepped for right at registration opening to sign up as soon as it opens, or does it take longer to sell out (i.e. a few hours or the first couple of days)? I guess I could have looked at some of the other topics, but thought you guys might be able to answer my question just as easily. I just want to be prepared on April 19th.

Looking forward to pressing you all for more details over the coming months! Looking forward to next year. The countdown has begun!

Even with this year being the 5th Anniversary, it did not sell out quickly. I don’t think you’ll need to worry about being on right at registration.

We are planning to skip marathon weekend for 2019. :( Not sure if we'll come back to it again or not. Thinking we might focus on some other races in the coming years and we do have Chicago for the fall of this year. However, I'm going to lurk on this thread to drive myself crazy from the FOMO.

No 2019 for me ... I’ll be spending my Marathon Weekend $$$ on a NYE Cruise to Mexico with 20 or so of my friends.

We’ll see where the dates fall for 2020, but even then, I’ll likely just be there to spectate.

Anyway - I’m leaving @croach in charge of everything fun in my absence.

I’m not accepting this answer from either of you. See you both in 365.

Be careful about lurking... come April you may find the urge to sign up irresistible. Sometimes it's best to rip the bandaid off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!