Marathon Weekend 2019

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by lhermiston, Jan 3, 2018.

1. margot31

margot31 DIS Veteran

I hope someone might answer this for me...so we arrive tomorrow. I am spectating. I won't be getting on a bus to go to the finish line till about 7 am. Buses start BACK to the resorts at 6 am. Can I jump on a bus going back to epcot to see my runner finish or do I need to take my car/or disney transportation(that is a different subject in our conversation)

Professor_Cookie likes this.
  2. Mr. Drauer

Mr. Drauer Mouseketeer

Good luck to all the 10K runners tomorrow. Special good luck to the @Keels refreshment stop - the true MVP of the race.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Livelovedance

Livelovedance DIS Veteran

I'm surprised too honestly. I'm more surprised that it's even available for prepurchase. I wish they would allow you to use your AP discount when you preorder like when you shop with the Shop Disney Parks app. I'm gong to preorder the passholder pin for next month since it seems like it probably won't be available at the expo. Thanks!

5. pluto377

pluto377 Mouseketeer

Personally I’m wearing pants, long sleeves, and a light jacket. I’ll have throw away sweats over it. It won’t be much warmer than this morning was. There were a lot of really cold folks today and I’d rather overdress and shed layers.

Leeroy Jenkins likes this.
  6. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Ugh, I’m getting a cold too - and sorry to hear I am not alone in that. I just hope it isn’t as bad as the plague we got last year during our trip.

I am wearing cropped leggings and a light long-sleeve shirt. I have a fleece throwaway jacket too.

7. Baloo in MI

Baloo in MI DIS Veteran

That medal is soooo cool! Thanks for posting. Of course I am now officially in FOMO!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 9:54 PM
    The Expert and Professor_Cookie like this.
  8. DIS-OH

DIS-OH DIS Veteran

Arrived at GF, dumped carry on bags in room, hopped on the monorail to Poly, grabbed dinner at Capt Cook’s and now back in room waiting for luggage to arrive.

Life is good...

9. camaker

camaker Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

I hope so, too!

10. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

Good luck to everyone running the 10k tomorrow! Have @Keels do a shot or three for me when you reach her beverage station.

ZellyB, lhermiston, jennamfeo and 6 others like this.
  11. princessbride6205

princessbride6205 DIS Veteran

If you're doing Dopey, last year the full marathon had Oswald right before you entered Studios. (I know because I was dressed as Oswald!) That was the coolest 5k medal!!! Jealous!

That's adorable! My first Disney marathon, my daughter was about 5 and she was so concerned I wouldn't get the pretty medal. "Mama, have you ever run that far before?" "No." "(GASP) Why didn't you practice running that far?! You have to get that medal!"

12. apdebord

apdebord Mouseketeer

Arrived at Universal’s Aventura this afternoon and hung out at City Walk tonight. Over to Poly tomorrow!

13. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

Um ... if someone shows up to the pre-race meetup sobbing hysterically and you can't understand that anything they say, that's me.
    I realized that I left my big water bottle that I was gonna use for the marathon at home. I can't have my roommate send it to me because that would mean either waking her up at 3 am or calling her mid-race because she leaves for work early. Plus, I don't trust it to get to me by Saturday night. I'm having that kind of luck this trip. Between that and my cold... I'm a wreck right now.

On the plus side, guess who gets to go buy a new water bottle today??? (I'm gonna buy something that I'm okay tossing if it's uncomfortable, and if I have to rely on the course water stops, I will, but I prefer not to).

Anyway ... I'm gonna attempt to get another half an hour of sleep. See y'all in a little bit!

ZellyB, emilyindisney and McNs like this.
  14. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

I just booked a FP+ for the beverage station. A little quiet here in the BCVs right now. I think I got up too early.

15. LdyStormy76

LdyStormy76 Looking for the Hundred Acre Woods

In theory you should be able to take the race bus back to the runner area. However, since I have never seen anyone get off the bus post race there is no way of knowing if theory can become fact.

Professor_Cookie and margot31 like this.
  16. pluto377

pluto377 Mouseketeer

Still waiting at akl for a bus. Getting worried.

17. hotblooded

hotblooded DIS Veteran

Good luck to all 10K runners! I can hear the music and announcements from my lake-facing room at Pop Century and it’s getting me pumped.

18. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

Disney security has told me twice now to take my cooler back to my room. :sad:

LSUlakes, rteetz and lhermiston like this.
  19. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Not surprised. They put the kibosh on our old WISH BCV aid several years ago.....and our WWOS....and our DHS. Seems like they don’t want the “mess” or the liability or whatever of private aid.

Time to get sneaky.....

rteetz and FFigawi like this.
  20. mankle30

mankle30 Mouseketeer

My wife and I actually were at Sassagoula last night after 8pm.... might have been a bit earlier than you!

I heard the announcements of the race while running around the late at Pop and AoA!

hotblooded, Rundugrun and camaker like this.
  21. JeffW

JeffW Mouseketeer

Congrats 10k runners! I saw some of you on the Boardwalk while cheering this morning (I had inflated "high five" hands just past the line for Goofy). Lots of great running costumes this morning