I'm surprised too honestly. I'm more surprised that it's even available for prepurchase. I wish they would allow you to use your AP discount when you preorder like when you shop with the Shop Disney Parks app. I'm gong to preorder the passholder pin for next month since it seems like it probably won't be available at the expo. Thanks!
They did not have AP pins for purchase at the Expo. But, they did have an AP shirt (it was the only clothing item I purchased). The AP pin was preorder only.

It is worth noting, all that of the other preorder items: pins, snow globe, ornament, keychain, jacket, etc. were available for purchase at the Expo. I am not sure about the Dooney & Bourke.

Hey everybody - this has been a great experience so far! 2 down and 2 to go. I appreciate all the advice I’ve received from all of you the last several months. We’re having a blast!

One quick question - and I’m sure this has been answered at some point on prior pages - but our spouses are now thinking about going to Magic Kingdom to spectate either tomorrow or Sunday. Do they need to arrange for transportation on their own? The resorts don’t provide transportation for this service correct? We’re wondering if it’s worth it, and if logistics are too difficult, they may just do the finish line. Thanks in advance!

Hey everybody - this has been a great experience so far! 2 down and 2 to go. I appreciate all the advice I’ve received from all of you the last several months. We’re having a blast!

One quick question - and I’m sure this has been answered at some point on prior pages - but our spouses are now thinking about going to Magic Kingdom to spectate either tomorrow or Sunday. Do they need to arrange for transportation on their own? The resorts don’t provide transportation for this service correct? We’re wondering if it’s worth it, and if logistics are too difficult, they may just do the finish line. Thanks in advance!

I'm assuming you aren't staying at a monorail resort, but are at a Disney resort. If so, they can ride the bus to Epcot like a runner, then hop on the monorail out of Epcot to the TTC. From there, they can switch to a monorail to get to the MK.

One alternative option for viewing. They can stay at TTC to spectate from there (which is around mile 4), then walk from the TTC over the the Polynesian parking lot and spectate again just past mile 7. Far less crowded than MK, which means a much higher probability of seeing you, and two different viewing points. The same plan works for both the Half and Full Marathon courses.

For both options, they would then get back on an Epcot monorail to return to the finish area

They did not have AP pins for purchase at the Expo. But, they did have an AP shirt (it was the only clothing item I purchased). The AP pin was preorder only.

It is worth noting, all that of the other preorder items: pins, snow globe, ornament, keychain, jacket, etc. were available for purchase at the Expo. I am not sure about the Dooney & Bourke.

The Dooney & Bourke items were separate from all the runDisney items in the main Expo merchandise area. They were along the wall next to the Oswald "medal train" photo station. The custom runDisney items were there as well; preorder medal displays and mugs featuring your race photo.

Okay...we picked up a studio at Poly for Saturday night (needed to use some DVC Point before they expired). What time should we board the monorail from TTC? We are NOT the ppl who would rather hang out in the corrals “to be safe” but are in B. I’m used to boarding the bus at 4 but not sure about the monorail.

Okay...we picked up a studio at Poly for Saturday night (needed to use some DVC Point before they expired). What time should we board the monorail from TTC? We are NOT the ppl who would rather hang out in the corrals “to be safe” but are in B. I’m used to boarding the bus at 4 but not sure about the monorail.

it's been a while but i think i used to board at 4. Remember walk to TTC and take monorail to Epcot, dont take the resort and go around to TTC.

Two favors to ask:

1) would someone who does the half post what the on course power aid flavor is tomorrow?

2) if someone takes pictures of signs/ characters during the full would you be willing to pm them to me for my photobook? Between the projected race temps and how I carry my fuel getting my phone in and out as often as I did today is not an option.

Thanks.

I always board at Contemporary by 4, usually running out of B corral

I hope someone might answer this for me...so we arrive tomorrow. I am spectating. I won't be getting on a bus to go to the finish line till about 7 am. Buses start BACK to the resorts at 6 am. Can I jump on a bus going back to epcot to see my runner finish or do I need to take my car/or disney transportation(that is a different subject in our conversation)

The buses going back to resorts at 6am is a new listing to this year. So I can't be certain. In year's past, the first bus that my spectating family was ever able to load to go to the finish line was just around 7am. I believe I finished the 2016 Disney Half at 7:15am and my family had JUST walked up when I was crossing (came from AKL that year?). So it was within seconds. I tend to suggest that anyone who has an expected finish sooner than 7:30am have their spectators consider other travel arrangements to the finish line, or take the last available bus at 5am. However, like I said the listing of 6am "back" is a new thing this year that I have not seen in year's prior practice or event guides.

Have a great time everyone down at marathon weekend. Jealous of you all. I've done the Dark Side races the past two years and am going down again in April. The full marathon is on my bucket list of races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter