So, the entire race weekend was like something out of a Disney movie, but I can't put my finger on which one...

Flying down to Orlando, I was feeling a bit Sneezy, but was too stubborn to see Doc. I was quite Happy to run a 5k on the first morning, but by the 2nd morning with the 10k I was becoming quite Sleepy. The race went well though, and despite feeling Bashful it was a pleasure meeting a bunch of people from Disboards at the Hurricane Hannah meetup later that day! Unfortunately, reality caught up to me the next morning, as in my rush to get to the half marathon I forgot my morning coffee so was quite Grumpy and by the 4th morning I really questioned whose Dopey idea it was to run 48.6 miles. Everything was made worth while, though, when the fairest princess in the (Disney) World put a medal around my neck.

Congrats again to all 2019 race participants, despite the weekend's ups and downs hopefully you were all able to find the fun! Safe journey as you all travel home and transition back to the real world of adulting!

dopey challenge small.jpg

Very much regretting not getting that black marathon weekend jacket. They had it at my hotel yesterday but not today. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be bitter about it for the rest of my life.

Was great drinking with some people at DATW today!
Would have been better if @croach had gotten a picture with Belle, though. Just saying.

Wasn't any way I could follow you and @jennamfeo.

My new applewatch asked me 4 different times if I was "done running" during our long wait for the chipmunks at mile 7. I had to be real careful to touch dismiss instead of end. It'd be cool if there could be a program for having the stopwatch time continue but you can choose "peeing", "character stop", "waiting for light" (on training runs), "stopped to say hi to a cute dog", etc., etc.

Seven chipmunks at mile 7?

Either him or Fantasia Ostrich from Spectromagic

I wasn't sure who it was so I just sent a picture for text group and let you all figure it out. :)

My new applewatch asked me 4 different times if I was "done running" during our long wait for the chipmunks at mile 7. I had to be real careful to touch dismiss instead of end. It'd be cool if there could be a program for having the stopwatch time continue but you can choose "peeing", "character stop", "waiting for light" (on training runs), "stopped to say hi to a cute dog", etc., etc.

You can turn off the remind to start and stop workout. You can also turn off the auto stop when you paused. I am glad I remembered to do this before the marathon. Once I realized my distance tracker was off i started to figure my pace based upon my timer and the mile markers. My goal was sub 4 hours which I achieved with 3.5 minutes to spare. The last 2.5 miles were really hard and if I went on my watches average pace I would have thought I had more time to spare. Once I reached the board walk I kept saying to myself: “if I don’t stop I can do it”. What I love about this race the end. Great support when it gets really hard.

You can turn off the remind to start and stop workout. You can also turn off the auto stop when you paused. I am glad I remembered to do this before the marathon. Once I realized my distance tracker was off i started to figure my pace based upon my timer and the mile markers. My goal was sub 4 hours which I achieved with 3.5 minutes to spare. The last 2.5 miles were really hard and if I went on my watches average pace I would have thought I had more time to spare. Once I reached the board walk I kept saying to myself: “if I don’t stop I can do it”. What I love about this race the end. Great support when it gets really hard.
If you use a garmin I also recommend you turn off the auto lap feature since it will be different than the official mile markers. I’m glad I got that advice before the race, although I somehow completely missed miles 20 and 25 with manual lap tracker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter