Marathon Weekend 2020

I’ve so enjoyed catching up on this thread today! Everything you guys are talking about has me so excited to visit WDW for the first time!
I got a ressie for Oga’s Cantina on the day of the Half at 3:45. I wasn’t gonna go to a park that day but I guess I am! When I went to Galaxys Edge in DL I wasn’t able to get into the Cantina. Can’t wait to see it!

I’ve so enjoyed catching up on this thread today! Everything you guys are talking about has me so excited to visit WDW for the first time!
I got a ressie for Oga’s Cantina on the day of the Half at 3:45. I wasn’t gonna go to a park that day but I guess I am! When I went to Galaxys Edge in DL I wasn’t able to get into the Cantina. Can’t wait to see it!

Made a reservation yesterday for my group at 3:25 on the day of the Half.

This is me over here dancing .... :jumping1:

Because I give ZERO “cares” about Star Wars anything...Star Wars Land...Oga’s....$42 drinks :duck::)

Going to be potentially a two-time thing for me. I'm the planner in my family and we have a couple extras for Marathon Weekend so pretty much had to plan a second visit.

On the other hand, I give a lot of "cares" about Star Wars but I've shifted back to being not being all that excited for the experience of Galaxy's Edge. I'm in for the attractions, but all of the extra pay to play stuff has really turned me off. I booked the lightsaber experience and droid depot for my niece and nephew because there is no way they'd be able to do it if I didn't make the reservations. However, it's entirely in my sister and brother-in-law's discretion whether those reservations are kept. It certainly won't break my heart if they decide those price tags are too steep.

It is very easy to understand how people without a love of Star Wars would be more than happy to bypass the land and leave it to others.

Going to be potentially a two-time thing for me. I'm the planner in my family and we have a couple extras for Marathon Weekend so pretty much had to plan a second visit.

On the other hand, I give a lot of "cares" about Star Wars but I've shifted back to being not being all that excited for the experience of Galaxy's Edge. I'm in for the attractions, but all of the extra pay to play stuff has really turned me off. I booked the lightsaber experience and droid depot for my niece and nephew because there is no way they'd be able to do it if I didn't make the reservations. However, it's entirely in my sister and brother-in-law's discretion whether those reservations are kept. It certainly won't break my heart if they decide those price tags are too steep.

It is very easy to understand how people without a love of Star Wars would be more than happy to bypass the land and leave it to others.

Just curious, is it the droid and lightsaber building that you are considering “pay to play”? I look at them as interactive souvenir buying experiences rather than a pay to play situation. There were always going to be droids and lightsabers for sale at varying price points as souvenirs. These experiences allow guests to be more immersed and get something more personalized than just buying an item off the shelf. I have a hard time seeing that as a negative.

To me, “pay to play” would be more along the lines of charging extra for the rides or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!