Marathon Weekend 2020

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what's on your wish list for Marathon Weekend?

1: No rain. I don't care how hot or cold it is, just be dry.
2: I'd like it if the Saints don't get either of the night time slots for their playoff game.
3: I'd like to see a course map before Santa arrives
4: A PR would be nice
5: My morning coffee works and I take care of ALL of my business in my room, not in a port-0-potty on race morning
6: My "plan" for both attractions in Galaxy's Edge works

Here are some historical T+Ds for the dates in and around Marathon Weekend:

View attachment 453362

And the affect of T+D on paces:

View attachment 453363

So the "average" person would see a 2.5% slower pace when the T+D is in the 131 to 135 range.

The sunrise is around 7:20-7:30am.

Didnt think about how the earlier start will mean more miles cleared before sunrise. That will be nice. This last year I skipped most of the stuff leading up to and in MK because I knew when the sun came up it was going to get hot. That extra 30 minutes is going to be another 2-3 miles for me.

Also in the no 2010 temps camp. Would like to not have frozen pathways that I’ve heard of from other runners who did that years. If we’re talking cool weather 2017/18 were some of the better ones for just the marathon (not the 5k for 2018 though).

Also the wheelies probably don’t want the black ice even more then the regular runners. I figure they probably have some way to prep for it. But still rolling device plus black ice equals not fun.

1 - Above freezing for all the races. No more frozen Sports Beans please.
2 - My wife has no problems with her hip and can run all the races.
3 - Good food, good fun and a nice 25th anniversary celebration
4 - A reasonable wait for RotR, for some value of reasonable.
5 - Space 220 is open and we get a reservation.

Disney on Ice in 2010 was very cold. We had sleet/snow during the half and sub-freezing temperatures for the full. The water cups at the aid stations literally froze...a sheet of ice formed in the cups. But the worst part was the frozen ice slicks through the aid stations. Black ice slicks at each one. The poor volunteers were freezing. If the race gods give us 28 degrees again, then so be it. Would rather be in the 40's at start.

Also in the no 2010 temps camp. Would like to not have frozen pathways that I’ve heard of from other runners who did that years. If we’re talking cool weather 2017/18 were some of the better ones for just the marathon (not the 5k for 2018 though).

Hard pass on 2017 weather. Cancelled half and frigid marathon? No thanks.

I feel like the weather for the half this year was the best I’ve seen.

Less than 50 days, gang. If you haven't started DATW training yet, you are behind and should see @jennamfeo or @FFigawi for a custom, margarita-based plan IMMEDIATELY.
source.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter