Marathon Weekend 2020

So last night on the way home we stopped at Ace to look at Chain Saws. DH has been wanting one for a while as we live in a very wooded area and often have trees down on our property and in the road after storms. Well, I told him to go ahead and get it (like $400). In the truck on the way home I said "Happy Birthday!" (his birthday was at the end of March). He said, "ok, thanks! Oh, what do you want for your birthday?" (my birthday is today!). And of course my answer was.... "Dopey!!" Lol, he just gave me the look. So, maybe??? lol
Tell him he doesn't have to wrap it! That will go a long way. I know it does for me! I've personally kept 3M/Scotch Tape in business for the last 30 years the way I wrap gifts. Oh, and Happy Birthday!

So last night on the way home we stopped at Ace to look at Chain Saws. DH has been wanting one for a while as we live in a very wooded area and often have trees down on our property and in the road after storms. Well, I told him to go ahead and get it (like $400). In the truck on the way home I said "Happy Birthday!" (his birthday was at the end of March). He said, "ok, thanks! Oh, what do you want for your birthday?" (my birthday is today!). And of course my answer was.... "Dopey!!" Lol, he just gave me the look. So, maybe??? lol
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday!! I hope your wish comes true.

So, he got a chainsaw for his birthday, and you get Dopey? Sounds fair. o_O

:rotfl2:

So, he got a chainsaw for his birthday, and you get Dopey? Sounds fair. o_O

:rotfl2:

To be fair, he is a tool hoarder! He wants everything so usually he does get them for his birthdays. :) During our remodel of my mom's area in our house he got a new Dremell, a new paint sprayer, a new cordless drill/driver set and a new portable garage! So he beats me, lol!

ETA: All those were between Christmas and his birthday in March! :)

To be fair, he is a tool hoarder! He wants everything so usually he does get them for his birthdays. :) During our remodel of my mom's area in our house he got a new Dremell, a new paint sprayer, a new cordless drill/driver set and a new portable garage! So he beats me, lol!

ETA: All those were between Christmas and his birthday in March! :)
four tools = four races, totally fair!

GOALS:

- Train
- Come up with great costumes for the 10K and full
- Finish my first marathon in front of the balloon ladies
- Have fun and get photos
- Find someone my pace to run with
- Ride Everest
- Finish line treat -- Dole Whip or Margarita?
- Attend meetups and DATW

The marathon. This is the marathon thread right? So it's $202.54? I first ran this marathon in 2009, but haven't run a disney race since I think 2015. I got burned out on them, but my boyfriend wants to do this as a bucket list thing so I guess I will run this expensive race once more lol! If anyone is running Pittsburgh in a few weeks give a shout!

I thought $200 was a lot but then I just paid over $300 to run the NYC marathon. Given the amount of support on the course (water stations, aid tents, etc.) I don't think the registration is all that bad.

Silly question. Legally changing my name between now and the race. How do I tell disney? Will they let me change my name?

Email them sometime next week after they have dealt with all the emails from yesterday. Explain why you are changing your name prior to the race, and expect their answer to possibly require you to submit documentation (example marriage license) to support the name change.

Hello :) I'm new to the Dis this year and also new to RunDisney. I'm excited for my first runDisney race which will also be my first half marathon. So far I've only ever run a 5k so I'm a little nervous. Especially since this is such a big event. Any tips would be greatly appreciated either running tips alone or specific to RunDisney! :)

This was me in 2017 for the 2018 half. Slowly increase your training distance over the next few months. Get fitted for running shoes. Get a POT with a 10k race. Listen to your body.

I have a question for you. Do you do most of your training on a treadmill? I only ask because I will have to do the majority of mine on one and from what I read it's not advisable but it's the best I can do. So was wondering if there are others like me with more than 75% of running on treadmill.

I do all of my training on a treadmill and use a 1% random hill setting to mimic most of the hills that exist on course.

Happy Birthday!!! And if he didn’t say No, that’s a yes in my book!

It's been a couple of years since I really looked at the POT requirements...I thought that for the full, you needed to use a half (or you used to). Can you really use a 10k or a 10-miler as POT for the full?

I'm doing Goofy this year (second time!) and would love to be able to submit a 10k as POT...

It's been a couple of years since I really looked at the POT requirements...I thought that for the full, you needed to use a half (or you used to). Can you really use a 10k or a 10-miler as POT for the full?

I'm doing Goofy this year (second time!) and would love to be able to submit a 10k as POT...
No you cannot submit a 10K for a Full. You can submit a 10K for a half.

For those interested in POT, I'll repost this estimation of corral cutoffs based on recent past runDisney events. Just estimates, but they have been shown to be very close. But that doesn't mean runDisney couldn't change POT/corral procedures for Marathon Weekend 2020.

screen-shot-2019-03-04-at-11-10-35-am-png.386375

POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

Life got in the way of me signing up for the 10k (even though I was on the site the moment early registration opened for DVC...but that's a story for another day), and I was so disappointed it sold out. But today my husband called the RunDisney travel number just in case...and they still had bibs for it if I totally overpaid for the hotel room. Take my money, Disney. I'm IN! Finally running my first Disney race (and first 10k)!

Goals for Marathon 2020
- Obtain POT for corral C. Have a 2:10 half marathon from February, and another half in September to try and get there.
- Finish the Marathon. Not doing it for time, but rather a 26.2 mile party.
- Ride Everest.
- Pictures! Didn't do any for the Wine and Dine, as were focused on just finishing. Elvis Stitch will be a requirement if he's on the course.
- Enjoy the parks with Family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter