Marathon Weekend 2020

I’m “just” doing the marathon - and am curious when other WDW marathoners start their official training??

Whenever the plan says . ;) Last time I did an 18 week plan. And I always add a week or two for a buffer (Extra rest/injury time). So that means I usually start late August.

I’m “just” doing the marathon - and am curious when other WDW marathoners start their official training??

I’m pretty much always training to a fall marathon and then bridging to Marathon Weekend to have fun with the challenges. This year it’s Space Coast on Dec 1st, so training officially starts mid-August. Being a bit of a masochist, I just started a pre-training program so that I’m ready for the main plan when August rolls around.

Whenever @DopeyBadger tells me, too. 🤷‍♀️

Haha!

Really though, I'm also going to be running a fall marathon (just not sure if it will be beginning of October or November), and I just finished a plan that culminated in a half on Saturday, so I've already got a good base. Official WDW will start after that full, but I'll be training all summer anyway.

Mine officially starts June 25th. I've got a few weeks left on my current training plan, then two weeks off. Afterwards for marathon weekend, I'm following an Ironman training plan, but substituting the swimming with some light weights/resistance band work (80DO). Normally, I'd follow a plan that was between 12-18 weeks depending on the training leading into that race specific training plan. So starting between mid-September to early October.

I have two back-to-back 16 weeks plans that start now, bring me to my first Full on September 22nd and then to WDWMW in January. I am still debating whether they are the right choices for me... I have two weeks to figure it out since my next Half is June 8th.

Will any of the holiday decorations still be up during marathon weekend?
As others have said, some of the decorations were up during marathon weekend. But I did notice that the Christmas lights were up on the castle the day of the marathon and gone the day after the marathon.

Depends on how you define official. I have a half marathon in September, but in my mind it's part of marathon weekend preparation. I'm also running Star Wars Rival Run next year, so in my mind, I'm preparing for that now as well. I have a bad habit of slacking off early on in formal training, so I've found that if I tell myself that training starts before the formal calendar date when it starts, I have the slacking off pretty much behind me before training formally starts.

Thanks so much for all the input on when your training plans start! I’ve got 2 international trips to the UK in Sept and early October, so I am thinking that starting a few weeks early will give me a good buffer!

@DopeyBadger - with that in mind, when should I connect with you?? :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all the input on when your training plans start! I’ve got 2 international trips to the UK in Sept and early October, so I am thinking that starting a few weeks early will give me a good buffer!

@DopeyBadger - with that in mind, when should I connect with you?? :goodvibes

I'd say about 2 weeks before the training would begin. So sometime in early-mid August. :thumbsup2

My training for a fall marathon (mid-October) starts next week. I will then bridge that into a couple more races at the end of October. At that point, my plan right now is to take a few days off and then use an old plan to continue into Dopey training. 🙂

SAFD:
The original Mary Poppins has the best soundtrack of any Disney film IMHO - but Feed the Birds is my tune - all the feels, tears in my eyes every. single. time.

Circle of Life - truly a masterpiece - thank you Elton.

Touch the Sky - probably my favorite Disney princess song

Try Everything - from Zootopia - the lyrics are super inspirational

You'll Be in My Heart - from Tarzan - can't hear this one without tearing up either!

Favorite theme park tunes - Grim Grinning Ghosts, cause HM is my fave - I love to do the creepy bit at the beginning in my scary voice "When hinges creak in doorless chambers..."
And Baroque Hoedown - cause I grew up going to DL and staying until late to see the MSEP was the best!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, I want to know where is your favorite place to get breakfast at WDW?

I’m not a big breakfast eater, but in the past I enjoyed getting an ADR to get into MK early. We’ve done Crystal Palace several times, but I think Cinderella’s Royal Table has been my favorite.

Have a great week, everyone!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, I want to know where is your favorite place to get breakfast at WDW?

I’m not a big breakfast eater, but in the past I enjoyed getting an ADR to get into MK early. We’ve done Crystal Palace several times, but I think Cinderella’s Royal Table has been my favorite.

Have a great week, everyone!
Tusker House, but I’ll bet a lot of people will say that.
My son and I had breakfast at the Plaza recently and loved it. He got the steak and eggs and I had the lobster eggs benedict on fried green tomatoes. I am still thinking about that lobster eggs benedict. So good.

SAFD: Being the frugal type, I always have things to eat breakfast in my room (Oatmeal, banana, coffee, etc) I can't think of any/many times I have ever eaten breakfast at a restaurant. If for some reason, I would decide to do breakfast, I would probably go to Boma (for the unique dishes) or The Wave. That said, if someone pushed a nice flaky croissant my way, or a well-made cafe au lait, I wouldn't turn it down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter