Marathon Weekend 2020

It’s summer now, so what’s your favorite way to cool off at Disney?
I don’t usually spend much time at a pool since I’m at Disney and I have a pool at home but that would be one way. Splash mountain is a good option. I have to mention Country Bear Jamboree for obvious reasons as it’s a favorite of mine.

To bounce off of what @FFigawi said the ice cream martini in France is pretty amazing. Can’t go wrong with a Dole Whip and now I can have one with rum ;)

Last edited:
SAFD: Depends on the park

Epcot: My favorite ways to cool off, Gran Fiesta Tour or Impressions de France. Nearly 100% reliable to get me into the A/C with minimal waits and personal sentimental favorite attractions. I also like walking around Mitsukoshi for a nice A/C break.

AK: Twist waffle cone from Anandapur Ice Cream Truck. Getting twist soft serve works for me anywhere.

MK: Peter Pan Float from Storybook Treats. My current favorite snack at the parks. So good and very refreshing.

HS: Can’t think of many ways to cool down here. Most of the queues are outdoors and almost everything has a pretty substantial wait. I’ll double back to grabbing some soft serve from Epic Eats (formerly Oasis Canteen) and sitting in the shade for Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Either lots of indoor attractions or water rides like Kali or Splash Mountain or go to one of the water parks. Also getting soaked in an afternoon thunderstorm because even though I brought a poncho, I left it in the hotel room because I didn’t want to carry it around all day. And occasionally a pool when I’m with the family and get forced to take a break from the parks. Food wise, Dole Whips, kaki gori, or a frozen alcoholic drink from EPCOT.

My favorite way to cool off at WDW will solve @Barca33Runner ’s HS dilemma, Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Cool refreshing mist and indoor air-conditioned seating! Of course Splash is a great choice for MK and Kali River Rapids for AK. Epcot has so many indoor air-condoned water rides (Grand Fiesta, Frozen, Living with the Land) and movies or shows (although some are standing room only).

Another favorite way to cool off in WDW’s heat and humidity is hydration! As runners, we all have our favorite electrolyte drinks, mine is nuun. I like to hydrate throughout the day and enjoy my tour of WDW restrooms (a good question for another day...because I know we all have favorites and know of restrooms to avoid...) Then, I can feel safe hydrating in other ways too. 😉🥂🍷🍹

My favorite way to cool off at WDW will solve @Barca33Runner ’s HS dilemma, Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Cool refreshing mist and indoor air-conditioned seating!

I thought of it, but I can never hit the showtimes at the right moment. I end up standing outdoors in the queue too long :laughing:.

I also considered Muppets 3D, but that's really my best place for a nap. Something about those glasses and the dark and my eyes just say, "Nope." I've never made it through that entire show without falling asleep. I'm asleep at the opening sight gag with the doorknob and wake up when they blow a hole in the theater. I have no idea what happens in between.

MK: Take a nice cool ride in the dark. Haunted Mansion or Pirates.
AK: Just being here tends to be a cool down with the nice shaded walkways that tend to have a breeze. Na’vi River Journey is a nice dark, cool ride, too.
EP: Italian Margaritas plus ducking into World Showcase shops
HS: Just shop, I guess.

I am staying at Pop Century for Marathon Weekend. Are there any guesses if the Skyliner will be operating in the mornings? I'm thinking it could be a good option for my parents to use to watch the 10K and/or the Marathon from the Boardwalk area, if they wish. They could take the Skyliner from Pop to the International Gateway, if it is operational.

SAFD: ummm, it snowed here two nights ago and I had to put on a long sleeve thermal for my run yesterday. If any of y’all want to send a little heat my way I would really appreciate it.

But to seriously answer your question, dole whip.

I’ll volunteer some heat! Its a dry heat at least but man it’s hot out there.

And yea dole whip is another good one!

Ill take ya up on the dry heat. That’s what we should have here now. I’ll pass on the humidity. I’m so glad to not be east of the Rockies anymore.
SAFD: Dole Whip for the win!

@Professor_Cookie - will gladly send as much heat and humidity as North Carolina can spare.....which is a boatload!
I’ll volunteer some heat! Its a dry heat at least but man it’s hot out there.

And yea dole whip is another good one!

I am staying at Pop Century for Marathon Weekend. Are there any guesses if the Skyliner will be operating in the mornings? I'm thinking it could be a good option for my parents to use to watch the 10K and/or the Marathon from the Boardwalk area, if they wish. They could take the Skyliner from Pop to the International Gateway, if it is operational.
Considering there isn't an opening date yet we don't know what their operating times are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter