Marathon Weekend 2021

This happens to me, too--just the other day even. I can close my eyes, and I'm at OKW.

My mom has a candle that smells like the lobby of the Beach & Yacht club. It's by Farm + Sea, which is a local, handmade place in New England. I'll have to find out what the scent is.

1. The Jungle Cruise. I laugh SO hard during this ride. I know almost every joke but it is still just SO funny to me. I cry laughing.
I have this silly idea of filling an entire boat full of people who know the words to Weird Al Yankovic's song Skipper Dan and all singing that song during the ride.

SAFD Disneyland:

1. Galaxy's Edge. I just get this huge smile on my face whenever I'm there. The immersion/escape factor in the Disneyland version is even greater because of how isolated it is from the rest of the park. When you're in Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland, you cannot see any other part of the park at all. Even in the few places where you can get high enough up to see into Galaxy's Edge, you cannot see much. Only the spires are visible from the ground and they blend in with quite well with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

2. Sleeping Beauty Castle waiting for the fireworks. Also walking around Fantasyland the last hour the park is open.

3. Entering Disneyland especially at the conclusion of a very stressful time in life. The stress just seems to melt away.

SAFD Disney World:

Epcot. I especially love World Showcase at night.

SAFD: Even though we are a WDW family now since we live in GA, I grew up in CA going to Disneyland, and that is where my lifelong love of Disney was born. We would always get there at rope drop, and make a beeline for the Matterhorn - and that queue and ride is where my mind goes when I think of my happiest Disney place. The swiss polka music, the sounds of the Yeti coming from the mountain, the screams from the bobsleds as they cut in and out of the mountain - so many memories!! I gotta get back there soon...

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

This week’s Sundays are for Disney is a training check-in. A lot has changed in the past few weeks, so tell us all what you’re training for and how that’s going. Need some motivation? We can help with that, too!

I just did 17 miles yesterday and plan to run the NYC virtual later this month. The long run went really well. It helps that we’ve had great weather lately.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

This week’s Sundays are for Disney is a training check-in. A lot has changed in the past few weeks, so tell us all what you’re training for and how that’s going. Need some motivation? We can help with that, too!
Well, I’m not training for anything really. All of my races have been cancelled. But, I decided to follow my @DopeyBadger Dopey plan anyway. I was excited for it and think it could help me improve. Since there are no races at the end, I’m being a little more flexible. If I need to skip a run or cut a run a little short, oh well. But it is keeping me busy.

I do have a virtual half marathon for nuun ambassadors on November 7th. But, I am just running it for “fun” and not for time. (Isn’t it strange how runners think?) My last in person race was the Hot Chocolate 15k on March 1st. I’m wondering if it will be my next in person race in 2021?

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

I’m not training for anything. I have two sprint tris this month and nothing else on the calendar. I’m hoping the Coast to Coast ride across the UAE happens next month, but that’s highly unlikely.

SAFD: Still running 4x per week, about 6 miles each day. DH and I have Virtual Peachtree 10K on Thanksgiving, I have Virtual MW half in January while DH is running Virtual Goofy to keep perfect status. So we will begin to lengthen Saturday’s run little by little. It is hard to do long runs with nothing much to train for, especially when it rained all day yesterday. After MW, I’m hoping Star Wars is a go.

SAFD: I signed up for the virtual Fairytale Challenge, so I do have that in November.

In the meantime, even though the Philadelphia Marathon was cancelled a while ago I am training as if it wasn’t, with thoughts of running 26.2 the day they Marathon should have been. But I am having some lack of motivation issues. Today’s supposed to be a 13 miler, but I still haven’t worked myself up to doing it. The good thing with that though is that tomorrow’s a holiday and I took off Tuesday so I still have a couple more days when I will have the time to get it in.

I also saw the other week that a local Ultra went virtual and is giving until December 31 to do it, so there is a small part of me thinking about signing up for that.

In the midst of taper for the NYC virtual marathon! 12 miler yesterday and the last week of normal training. I’m planning my virtual on October 25th. Should be a lot of fun!
saw your 20 mile video. you did awesome, fast paces. Are you doing run walk intervals or straight up running? I'm so badly out of conditioning that I don't think I could manage to finish half that

SAFD: Add me to the list of the NYC Virtual runners. I started tapering this week and plan to run it on the 24th or 25th. This has been my best marathon training cycle to date and I hate wasting it on a virtual! Right now my plan is to go out to the flat, straight American Tobacco Trail nearby and run it as a time trial to see what I can do. After that, it’s back to the grind for Virtual Dopey.

On a tempting note, I got an email from the Battleship Half Marathon in Wilmington that they have secured all the permits to hold an in person event on a modified course on November 8th. They’ve also added a marathon distance. It’s a little soon after the virtual for my taste, but I might try it out depending on how my legs feel afterwards.

SAFD: Add me to the list of the NYC Virtual runners. I started tapering this week and plan to run it on the 24th or 25th. This has been my best marathon training cycle to date and I hate wasting it on a virtual! Right now my plan is to go out to the flat, straight American Tobacco Trail nearby and run it as a time trial to see what I can do. After that, it’s back to the grind for Virtual Dopey.

On a tempting note, I got an email from the Battleship Half Marathon in Wilmington that they have secured all the permits to hold an in person event on a modified course on November 8th. They’ve also added a marathon distance. It’s a little soon after the virtual for my taste, but I might try it out depending on how my legs feel afterwards.
I’m right there with you. This has been probably my best training cycle ever.

SAFD: I took a few days off from running for a medical test and then ran an easy 4 miles yesterday. Something weird is going on today with my foot. It's not a pain exactly, but feels more like I have an elastic band stretched around it. Very strange. I just registered for a January half in RI (hoping MA is allowed to go to RI then), so I will begin training for that and for my first full marathon (April).

Ive been doing horrible with motivation. I’ve only ran a couple times since March. A couple weeks ago, with no training, I ran a virtual 10 miler. I was pretty proud of myself for completing it. I hope the kids go back to school full time so I can get a good training schedule going again.

My motivation, as well as my mileage, has fallen throughout the year. I started strong in March and April but have decreased since then.

However, my local running club is still planning their half/marathon/relay race on November 1st, so I signed up for the half. It is also a half-@$$ed training cycle, but the long runs are going well, and I am just running for fun and to do something different!

SAFD: I am planning on doing the virtual Goofy over New Years, and have been training for that. Ran 14 miles in the rain yesterday - it was so hard to get out the door and start running but I felt a real sense of accomplishment afterwards! Currently running 3-4x/week, plus a little cycling and swimming as cross training.
There is a local half and full marathon on November 7th - considering the half just to have some kind of race experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!