Marathon Weekend-Fort Wilderness Lodge Transport?

WendyLovesPixieDust

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever stayed at Fort Wilderness Lodge during Marathon weekend? I am looking for feedback on the transportation. We are a group of 3 ladies and we are running the 10k, half and marathon. We are trying to decide between AoA and the cabins.

Thank you!

There is a fellow here named 'McFlurry' that stays there all the time. He does have his own camper I believe. But I think I remember him saying there was buses there that took campers to the race and so on. If I recalled, I was considering staying there too one year....he is the Fort Wilderness expert...he is also the McFlurry export but that's a different story.

Has anyone ever stayed at Fort Wilderness Lodge during Marathon weekend? I am looking for feedback on the transportation. We are a group of 3 ladies and we are running the 10k, half and marathon. We are trying to decide between AoA and the cabins. Thank you!
I haven' stayed at the cabins, but I know that AoA has two bathrooms and the cabins only have one. Four runners in my group chose AoA!

2 bathrooms could be a good thing to have before the races.....:thumbsup2 We have a bath and a half in our motorhome and that is a VERY good thing. ;)

Yes, the internal busses get runners from their cabin or RV loops to the Outpost at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground for the races during Marathon Weekend. Once at the Outpost, you get on the charter bus to the races. IIRC, the internal busses were running at 0230 this year.

McFlurry John

Thanks everyone! We ended up going with Wilderness Lodge-I know, never mentioned in the post! I did like the idea of the two bathrooms in AoA, I just could risk being the one on the pull out couch!

Between all these races, I am going to be able to give feedback on all the different hotels. Haven't picked the same one twice! :rotfl2:

We stayed at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins last year. (bolding because there is no such thing as Ft. Wilderness Lodge, which is confusing to people because you never know if people are talking about the cabins/campground or the lodge.)

Bus transportation to the races was super easy and probably even a little less hassle than at some of the other resorts.
The internal busses started plenty early in the morning, and take the runners to the Outpost, where there pretty much always seemed to be a charter bus ready to get to the race, with shorter lines than we've seen at other resorts in recent years.

We didn't have a golf cart, but were in a cabin towards the 'street end' of our loop, so the walk to the bus was not long at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter