March 2018 Rental car watch

La Belle

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I didn't see a rental car watch for March created yet.

I'm traveling from March 1-13. The prices are high! I'm really hoping prices come down closer to. Who's in??
:cool1::disrocks:

Now that it is November I just wanted to share this FYI.......two or three years ago on Black Friday Dollar had a sale and I booked for the month of March. I will be checking again this year if they are offering anything.

March 10 - 17 - I just keep checking. I find Costco gives me the best price.

Our dates start on March 29 and include Easter. Rates are currently outrageous! Subscribing...

Former "Dis-er" here. Since my son is older, we've strayed from WDW trips to other parts of Florida, but I still lurk on these forums. This year we're flying into Ft. Myers and driving to Key West March 22-April 1, so I've been watching here to see what the rates are like/looking for codes, as FL rates generally ebb and flow similarly. I made a reservation back in the beginning of Nov. for a standard SUV with Enterprise (need the additional driver) 10 days for ~$550. Ever since, rates have been higher, and now are $200 more. Hoping there is a point they will drop some, but not super hopeful.

I used some codes found on the Jan thread that work in March. We are travelling March 12-19. I always book with Alamo and skip the kiosk/line grab my vehicle and exit. I booked a mini van for $243 using codes: Product AS1, Contract 7015309, Coupon AD2823JAG. I read that the product code is only for non residents of the USA. I have always used codes found on this site and never had problems.

3/3-9 I was able to get Thrifty for $133 using wildcard. Being there is only two of us don't care what car size I get and for that rate I don't care either lol

This is what I booked today:

Alamo
Dates March 2-10
Coupon Code AD2823JAZ
Contract ID 7016220 (visit Orlando)
Compact size
Total: $256.16

Hoping for something much better and will keep looking. I arrive at 9 pm, so am thinking I will get to pick from what's left on the lot again.

Cancelled this booking today. Found new offer through Dollar:

Dates March 2-10
Midsize
City Specials
Total: $238.87

Basically a bit larger car and saved $18! Hopefully going down even more!

Last edited:
3/3-9 I was able to get Thrifty for $133 using wildcard. Being there is only two of us don't care what car size I get and for that rate I don't care either lol
What is wildcard? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Just booked a standard car through Autoslash/priceline/Alamo
3/10 - 3/17
$218

What is wildcard? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

A wildcard means the car rental company choose the car size. They guarantee a minimum size, typically an economy.

Just used a 40% coupon and booked a Premium car that includes Wi-Fi & NAV for 1 week (02/27 - 03/04) in LA for $205. With an additional $25 rebate upon my trip completion, super stoked 'cause before that I wasn't able to find anything even remotely close to that deal, closest thing was around $260 for the smallest economic sized car, with no amenities.

Don't think i'm allowed to post my referral code here. The 40% off promo is valid for travel before March 31, 2018, But if someone want's in on the deal, shoot me a PM. (I hope that's allowed)

Time to search for slightly discounted tickets now :)

Looking for a great deal with Alamo, but I'm new here and can't message yet. Are you able to message me? Thanks for your time!

(Should add: so far, the best I've been able to book with Alamo at MCO is a 6 day rental, full size, for $213.79). March 5-10. Contract code for visit Orlando: 7016220 plus $25 off coupon code

Last edited:
This is what I booked today:

Alamo
Dates March 2-10
Coupon Code AD2823JAZ
Contract ID 7016220 (visit Orlando)
Compact size
Total: $256.16

Hoping for something much better and will keep looking. I arrive at 9 pm, so am thinking I will get to pick from what's left on the lot again.

Cancelled this booking today. Found new offer through Dollar:

Dates March 2-10
Midsize
City Specials
Total: $238.87

Basically a bit larger car and saved $18! Hopefully going down even more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!