*March 2019 Check In*

This is so me... my sister's family is visiting us the week we get back home, so I'm doing my spring cleaning now ;) Hopefully that'll help offset the after Disney blues! But only if I manage to get all my projects done in the next 2 weeks!!

At least we have something to keep us preoccupied while we wait for our trips! :D Lord knows I have planned as much for the trip as is humanly possible, so may as well do some spring cleaning! :rolleyes:

Coming from Colorado on a bus with 35 band and orchestra students for them to perform at Disneyland and explore the parks on March 25-27. Staying at the Fairfield Inn across the street. Did this a few years ago and it was so much fun. If anyone is in the park on March 26th look for the Academy on daily schedule and come watch them perform. Last time it was in the Fantasyland Theater but not sure where it will be this year until it gets closer.

Questions for my March travelers:

We will be checking in late on Wednesday 3/20 and out on Wednesday 3/27

Choosing 5 park days Thursday 3/21-Tuesday 3/26; WOC dessert party booked for Sunday.

Questions:
-which day for a non-park day, I’m thinking Monday unless you disagree, will likely go to the coast (have a rental car reserved for the day)
- are Saturday MM considerably more crowded than weekday MM? I’m afraid it will be too overwhelming Thursday given our late Wednesday arrival and assume we will be too tired by Tuesday!
- BB F! lunches booked on Friday and Saturday - leaning toward Friday, but is there a reason to go one way or the other?
- any chance GRR will open up a few days early? My kids love Kali at WDW. :(

Questions for my March travelers:

We will be checking in late on Wednesday 3/20 and out on Wednesday 3/27

Choosing 5 park days Thursday 3/21-Tuesday 3/26; WOC dessert party booked for Sunday.

Questions:
-which day for a non-park day, I’m thinking Monday unless you disagree, will likely go to the coast (have a rental car reserved for the day)
- are Saturday MM considerably more crowded than weekday MM? I’m afraid it will be too overwhelming Thursday given our late Wednesday arrival and assume we will be too tired by Tuesday!
- BB F! lunches booked on Friday and Saturday - leaning toward Friday, but is there a reason to go one way or the other?
- any chance GRR will open up a few days early? My kids love Kali at WDW. :(
Saturday or Monday would be my recommendation to skip, more likely Saturday if it were me. Yes Saturday magic mornings are busier, if you can do Thursday morning! It always do my first available morning and we are so pumped up and ready to go by then, plus it is going to be the least busy morning.
It is pretty unlikely that they will open grizzley early. I wouldn’t count on it at all.

Going to Disneyland 3/8 - 3/10 for my best friends daughters birthday. Girls trip with my best friend, her daughter, my daughter and another one of their friends. We had the hardest time finding a hotel this trip thanks to the Natural Foods Expo. We are staying at Knotts at first and then at the Hyatt House.

Adult daughter and I are taking our first Disneyland trip in March '19! We will be in California for a wedding, then to play March 9 - 12. Staying at the Knotts Berry Farm Motel (anybody ever done that w/transportation to Disneyland?) 1 day to visit to Knotts coasters, 3 day park-hoppers for Disney...such a newbie. She and I did a week at Disney World a couple summers ago..but this seems like a totally new world! Tips? Advice?

We are staying at Knotts as well. We plan on taking an Uber or Lyft to the park.

Going to Disneyland 3/8 - 3/10 for my best friends daughters birthday. Girls trip with my best friend, her daughter, my daughter and another one of their friends. We had the hardest time finding a hotel this trip thanks to the Natural Foods Expo. We are staying at Knotts at first and then at the Hyatt House.
We arrive on the same day. Even though I've been during the Expo, and know what it does to hotel availability, I'm still always amazed that it can book up the entire area. Just out of curiosity, I did some checking yesterday and I think some of the hotels that were holding blocks of rooms for the Expo are starting to release them. There were several hotels available now that weren't previously, but still at crazy prices.

Last edited:
Me too!! Time to start obsessively checking the weather forecast.
LOL! I was JUST checking the extended forecast! It says that it's supposed to be highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Hopefully the rain will stay away! We've been walloped with a pretty epic winter storm here in Arizona. Highways all over the northern part of the state are totally shut down. Flagstaff has broken a 100 year old record for snowfall. It's even snowing right now in Tucson! My backyard is pretty water logged, but the trees I planted 3 weeks ago are going to be happy.

I hope that we get to meet Goofy on our trip! I really like Goofy. He always makes my kids laugh.pixiedust:

LOL! I was JUST checking the extended forecast! It says that it's supposed to be highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Hopefully the rain will stay away! We've been walloped with a pretty epic winter storm here in Arizona. Highways all over the northern part of the state are totally shut down. Flagstaff has broken a 100 year old record for snowfall. It's even snowing right now in Tucson! My backyard is pretty water logged, but the trees I planted 3 weeks ago are going to be happy.

I hope that we get to meet Goofy on our trip! I really like Goofy. He always makes my kids laugh.pixiedust:
I'm in Southern Utah, so we've been dealing with all the same storms. Even on the days when we've only have a 10% of precipitation, we seem to end up with 5 or 6 more inches of snow. I'm so done and so over it! I need sunshine!

I'm in Southern Utah, so we've been dealing with all the same storms. Even on the days when we've only have a 10% of precipitation, we seem to end up with 5 or 6 more inches of snow. I'm so done and so over it! I need sunshine!

I am so done with winter too! LOL We are from Calgary, Alberta and had a pretty mild winter until 3 weeks ago. Then the temperature dropped and the snow came! So looking forward to being at Disneyland - not really concern about the weather, just want to be there! :-)

I am getting excited but trying to contain myself until my daughter finishes her University music audition next Friday. Then, she can get excited with me! She is my partner in crime and we usually plan everything together but she has other things on her mind at the moment ... go figure. :-)

We arrive on the same day. Even though I've been during the Expo, and know what it does to hotel availability, I'm still always amazed that it can book up the entire area. Just out of curiosity, I did some checking yesterday and I think some of the hotels that were holding blocks of rooms for the Expo are starting to release them. There were several hotels available now that weren't previously, but still at crazy prices.

Since you’ve been at DLR during the expo before, did you notice an effect on the crowds? Maybe it ends up being a bit less during the day since the area rooms get so expensive, but then you get an influx of expo people in the evenings?

I’ll be there with my daughter from the 7th to the 10th (including 90s night).

Since you’ve been at DLR during the expo before, did you notice an effect on the crowds? Maybe it ends up being a bit less during the day since the area rooms get so expensive, but then you get an influx of expo people in the evenings?

I’ll be there with my daughter from the 7th to the 10th (including 90s night).
I really didn't feel like it impacted crowds much at all. I did notice a few groups of what appeared to be work colleagues in the parks together in the evenings, and I was stopped on my way back to the hotel several times by people in more professional (you could tell they weren't typical tourists) attire and asked if the parks were busy. Traffic around the convention center was crazy, and I would definitely avoid that area.

In just a week some of you will be in the parks!!:earboy2: :cool1:

We got our tour reservations, + a discount for remembering Chris still had his Disney visa hidden away in his wallet, woooo that's like 4 more cheddar bagel twists for me! :rotfl:I've been following so many disney food instagrams lately... I want allllll the snacks! Last week I made a mock sun dried tomato and chicken pasta like the one they sell at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta..it definitely wasn't as good but it filled the pasta shaped hole in my heart for a while.

2 weeks until we leave for Disneyland, and 2 weeks+2 days until we are there! I CANNOT WAIT!

I am officially more excited than the kids are, especially since I told them I want all the spring cleaning done before we go :rotfl2:

I think I'll sweeten the deal by offering some extra gift cards for goodies if/when they get their jobs done. I also jumped the gun and bought my reward today - Instax camera and a boatload of film! Now I just have to get my work done....

We'll be there March 19-26 staying at the Grand Legacy. We are doing one day at Universal for our Harry Potter fans. we are travelling with DH family so a Party of 8. My cousin and her family overlap our trip by 1 day so we'll probable do that day with them too. Only 24 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter