March 2020 rental car

tlg588

Mouseketeer
Is there a March 2020 rental car thread? I searched but could not find one.
Thanks

This is the only March 2020 thread I found. In October, I booked a standard SUV (March 14 - 21) for $367 with Alamo via Costco. I assumed the rate would decrease but I have been checking almost daily and so far I haven't found anything cheaper.

I just booked (01/02) a standard size car for March 14-21 from Alamo for $320 through Autoslash. Hoping prices drop a bunch before my dates. I usually pay around $125 or so.

I've got a full-sized car booked through Alamo (via Costco) for March 11-21 at $478. Last year I also had a 10-day booking in mid-March but was able to get an intermediate SUV category for just under $300 so I'd definitely love to see these current prices come down too!

I have an Alamo mini van for March 3-10 for $394 which I booked on 9/24. I am expecting/hoping the prices come down a couple weeks before our departure.

Thanks for the code. I just reserved a toyota suv for 388 using costo ID and that above coupon for 3/21-26. that seems really pricey so I'll be watching things.

thanks for the alamo code.
3/27 - 4/4 (8 days) mid sized suv 395 total using alamo insider and AD6809JDH
Obviously hoping for lower eventually but it makes me feel good to have an reservation to start with

Rented a mini-van 3/18-3/28 (10 days) for $431 using Costo Contract ID 7014627 and coupon code AD6809JDH. Hoping it will go down even more (had a previous reservation of $477).

Prices are high for us as well. We currently have a full sized car for five nights from Alamo (through Costco) for $282. We're used to paying half of that! Here's hoping we all find drops in the coming weeks!

I just booked a mini-van Alamo March 10-17 $564 ($700 CDN) using coupon code above. Also hoping for a price drop!

Should you be a Costco member to apply the above contract ID?
SHOULD you be a Costco member to use that ID? Probably. Can you get away without a membership? Probably. We've always booked directly through Costco using a family member's membership card. We were always prepared with a copy of the card and ready to explain the family relationship. Not once were we asked for proof of membership. With that being said, Costco recently came to our area, so we're officially card carrying members and don't have to worry about that now.

Yikes! Just went to check rates with Alamo and the price for my minivan for 10 days went up from $431 to $644! $431`isnt looking so bad now. Historically, I have gotten the best rates within a month of travel so I hope it will be the same this trip.

Yikes! Just went to check rates with Alamo and the price for my minivan for 10 days went up from $431 to $644! $431`isnt looking so bad now. Historically, I have gotten the best rates within a month of travel so I hope it will be the same this trip.
I'm doing the same daily checks and saw a big jump through Costco also. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that there may be a drop coming, but I'm not feeling optimistic. This is the first time we've planned a trip during Spring Break and I have a feeling we are paying for it, literally.

I'm looking for the Ft Myers, FL area in March - we visit each year so have a pretty good idea what to expect. We always use Costco and it's quite a bit higher this year than previous years. Hoping the price will drop as we get closer - will be watching this thread and also will post any future success I have!

Prices for my 3/14 trip have gone up instead of down. I’m not a Costco member so best rates I can find now are MouseSavers Hertz rate and RentCars.com.

I have found you can get a better rate by calling. Many offer various discounts like AAA, AARP, senior citizen etc. I would think there is probably a military discount.
At Christmas I had a rate of $411online for 2 days in New York. I called and got $157 with an AARP discount. Still high but it always is on Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!