***March 2020***

I booked FPs Dec 30th. Meant to update on here, but I forgot. Whoops. Got everything we wanted on our planned park days but SDD....had to go all the way out to 60+8 to get SDD which is not my ideal. This means I now have 2 DHS park days, which I'm not sure my family truly needs. Though honestly with so much up in the air with DHS planning currently, maybe I've done myself a favor? lol.

I've currently paused park attraction planning to figure out if we're keeping the dining plan or not with the changes. I'd honestly be thrilled if I could get kids sized portions of adult meals at QS locations. I just have 3 kids on dining plan who are great eaters up until the turkey sandwich looks like a goldfish or their salad consists of just lettuce and tomatoes. They love chicken nuggets and fries the first day, but by the 4th they'll group together to stage their own revolution demanding better food. I've got multiple spread sheets going with different ideas and I think I might have to eat my words with the DDP working out for us. :crazy2:

I had a small heart attack too yesterday with TP changing CLs. Especially the AK day that went from a 4 to a 10....MY AK day of course. ha ha. Glad that straightened that out. I think I'm just going to ignore any farther CL changes in favor of a good morning TP for my family.

Hello!
Taking a weekend with my kids (14,12,9) while visiting snowbird parents. I am surprising them, we usually just do the beach and chill. We are staying at All Star Sports March 20-22. We will do one day at HS and one day at AK. What are everyone's thoughts about if boarding groups will still be going on for ROR?

Hello all; first time poster here: My FP+ window opened yesterday for a 3/2 - 3/9 trip and was able to reserve everything I wanted with the exception of SDD; we're doing HS for two days (SWGE + TSL + everything else has made it a two day experience in my mind) and everything FP+ for SDD was already gone. This ride is a must for our 5 year old; anyone have any info/ opinion as to whether standby is tolerable if we’re there at rope drop? How often do FP open back up or just completely random? Thanks for any info!

I would imagine it would be fine to rope drop. When I did it before Galaxy's Edge opened it was something like 25 minutes. I think your best opportunity to get the SDD fastpass is to check to see if they are available when they extend Hollywood Studios hours (and I'm guessing it is pretty likely they will as we get closer).

Hello!
Taking a weekend with my kids (14,12,9) while visiting snowbird parents. I am surprising them, we usually just do the beach and chill. We are staying at All Star Sports March 20-22. We will do one day at HS and one day at AK. What are everyone's thoughts about if boarding groups will still be going on for ROR?

My guess is it will still be going on. But we will see.

Booked our FPs this morning at 6am sharp for our upcoming March 6-14 trip - FYI the app on my iPhone opened right on time whereas my computer and iPad were delayed in recognizing our window being open. I would have been panicking had I not had MDX open on my phone and I booked almost all FPs via phone as a result.

I feel VERY lucky and maybe this info will give y’all hope that there is a chance to get headliners early on in your trip:

I was able to snag a noon 7DMT on 60+1, 2pm FOP on 60+2, 2:35 SDD on 60+3.

Times were wide open booking later in the trip also so I grabbed an additional SDD and FOP for 60+5 and 60+6.

I went after the headliners each day first and then backtracked to add in all the other FPs after securing the initial times.

It was a very early morning and a lot of extra coffee needed today, but I’m so glad this is done and all of our plans are basically set. The 60 day countdown has officially begun!

Best of luck to everybody with their upcoming FPs and hope this was helpful.

Thankyou all for your fp updates.. you are giving me hope. Tomorrow is my day.
The hardest part is the time change... I wish i was in Florida time
3/9-3/14 ASM
Update* as expected SDD had no times at 40 +1.
Got everything else at the other parks.

Last edited:

Just found this thread! We will be there 3/7-3/12 with our park days being 3/8-3/11! Staying at All Star Movies!

Our travel party is myself, my twin daughters (21), my SIL and my niece (21) and my other niece (7). It will be my younger niece's first time so I know we will be spending a lot of time in MK/Fantasyland. The rest of us have all been numerous times.

I was able to get most of what I was looking for on Monday when my window opened.

AK - Navi River Journey, Everest and Safari (could not get FOP)
HS - Toy Story Mania and 2 shows as fillers (could not get SDD)
MK - 7 Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales. We will be visiting MK again one night so will try to get same day passes
Epcot - Frozen and 2 others as fillers. Will Rope Drop Soarin and then try to get a FP for Test track

I'm hoping I'm able to get FOP and SDD same day, but I know it's not likely. I will check to see if park hours change to earlier (which from what hear...may release more FP's?)

We are at Pop Century 3/4-3/7! FP done, now just playing the waiting game (like many others have said) for possible park hour changes and further HS news/developments regarding the new rides. I will also be shocked if HS actually opens at 9AM (our day is 3/5 there); we are basically betting on more like 7-8AM. But we will be there and ready regardless!

I booked FPs Dec 30th. Meant to update on here, but I forgot. Whoops. Got everything we wanted on our planned park days but SDD....had to go all the way out to 60+8 to get SDD which is not my ideal. This means I now have 2 DHS park days, which I'm not sure my family truly needs. Though honestly with so much up in the air with DHS planning currently, maybe I've done myself a favor? lol.

I've currently paused park attraction planning to figure out if we're keeping the dining plan or not with the changes. I'd honestly be thrilled if I could get kids sized portions of adult meals at QS locations. I just have 3 kids on dining plan who are great eaters up until the turkey sandwich looks like a goldfish or their salad consists of just lettuce and tomatoes. They love chicken nuggets and fries the first day, but by the 4th they'll group together to stage their own revolution demanding better food. I've got multiple spread sheets going with different ideas and I think I might have to eat my words with the DDP working out for us. :crazy2:

I had a small heart attack too yesterday with TP changing CLs. Especially the AK day that went from a 4 to a 10....MY AK day of course. ha ha. Glad that straightened that out. I think I'm just going to ignore any farther CL changes in favor of a good morning TP for my family.

What were the dining plan changes?

Ugh. Touring plans just changed their forecas the first week of March. On tuesday and wednesday the prediction is a 10 for animal kingdom? Magic kingdom solid 9s all week? *** is going on?

I just checked Kenny the Pirate's calendar for 3/19-27 and he has his listed as "insane" crowd levels. :( I don't have a TP membership, but I bet they have the same predictions. All the more reason to have a SOLID plan!

What were the dining plan changes?
There's a big thread over on the dining plan sub forum. They're now separating out adult and child meal credits for quick service and on the deluxe dining plan. Kids are (understandably) limited to just what's on the kids menu. Unfortunately that means no more fun drinks for kids because those don't exist on kids menus. A lot of QS places our touring plans has us near have things my kids don't eat, so to eat better we'd have to trek across a park at times which I don't care to do with 4 kids. My kids don't eat uncrustables, applesauce pouches ("we're not babies!"), or those weird yogurt smoothie things which reappear over and over on kids menus. We decided to ditch the dining plan and pay out of pocket so we can all enjoy what we like.

There's a big thread over on the dining plan sub forum. They're now separating out adult and child meal credits for quick service and on the deluxe dining plan. Kids are (understandably) limited to just what's on the kids menu. Unfortunately that means no more fun drinks for kids because those don't exist on kids menus. A lot of QS places our touring plans has us near have things my kids don't eat, so to eat better we'd have to trek across a park at times which I don't care to do with 4 kids. My kids don't eat uncrustables, applesauce pouches ("we're not babies!"), or those weird yogurt smoothie things which reappear over and over on kids menus. We decided to ditch the dining plan and pay out of pocket so we can all enjoy what we like.

I'm going through that thread now...does it impact the middle plan (not the QS and not the Deluxe plan)? My kids love the drinks too. We have so many character meals I think the dining plan still makes sense for us...

Booked my fast passes last night and got everything I wanted, yay! Only thing was I couldn't get SDD at all on our Hollywood Studios day which was 60+2 so I got it for 11am 60+7 instead and I could only get 7DMT at 5pm onwards.. exact same thing happened to me last year as well but oh well! I'm happy :)

I'm going through that thread now...does it impact the middle plan (not the QS and not the Deluxe plan)? My kids love the drinks too. We have so many character meals I think the dining plan still makes sense for us...
It impacts all QS credits. It also affects the deluxe plan because instead of having general meal credits there's adult only meal credits and child only meal credits. Child meal credits have to be used on a child's menu.

My Fastpass window opened this morning for my group of 3 (myself, DH, DD17) for March 11-20. Got morning FOP at 60+4 and 60+6 and morning SDMT at 60+5 and 60+8. Mid-afternoon SDMT were available at 60+1 but we didn't want to still be holding one of our first 3 fastpasses that late in the day so we left these on the table for someone else :) Can't provide SDD update because we opted for ToT and TSMM for our Tier 1 fastpasses on our 2 Hollywood Studios days instead. We've done SDD before and, while it's cute and fun, it's not a must do for us.

But, overall, we got everything we wanted at all the times we wanted and had no technical issues with MDE during the process. Hope the rest of you Spring Breakers have just as much luck!

Just saw that HS emh were changed from am to pm (as expected). Now wondering if they will change park open time to earlier than 9am. I’ll be watching
Hello! Does anyone have any inside information on this?? Do we think that Hollywood studios will open at 7 o'clock throughout March? Thank you!

My family of 5 is going Feb 29-March 7. Like a lot of posters here, we're going to DHS twice in the week, which I wouldn't have thought desirable before the 2 Star Wars rides! We like to eat a lot on these vacations too, so finding good places to eat at or near DHS was one of our biggest challenges (I like Melrose for example, but wife and some of the kids not so much). We're going to try to get to DHS super early once and do SW Galaxy early (return for boarding party time) and then show up later and just enjoy the land all lit up at night (and probably not get a boarding party at all).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!