September 9-11GKTW DIS Family Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Val & I will be buying tickets as soon as this goes on sale! Looking forward to it.

Looking further at the event, this is huge! Thinking we may book some nights at the Contemporary even though we are just a few miles away.

Last edited:

I know John mentioned that they cannot disclose the rates for the hotels, but are we allowed to post them here?

oh wow! Those are the rates you were told? That's...quite a bit higher than I thought it would be. I'm afraid to book anything at the moment since I'd be travelling from Canada and not sure what the Covid situation would be at that time.

I thought they would be at least 20% off. I calculated how much the weekend would cost. Unfortunately, my AP expires, wait for it, on 3/24!!!!!

It's gong to cost me for 3 nights, Approx $900 for a FL Resident Gold AP, $100 a day for incidentals, parking and meals, $199 for the event and $199 for SWGE, between $2,069 (POP) and $3,318 (YC). It became very pricey very quickly.

Hey, I get it, I used to do events. It's spring/spring break/etc so rates will be higher. Unfortunately, even if discounts come out, the hotel contract is locked so I don't see the contracted rates changing. So I will wait and see what happens with rates after 1/1/2021

We booked our room this morning. We are staying at the Gran Destino. It was 293.40/night before taxes and fees. I would have liked to stay at the Contemporary but 504.90/night was a bit more than we wanted to spend. We booked March 24- 28th. Is there something happening on the 28th that the booking is available through the 29th? This is our first time attending any DIS events and we are really excited and looking forward to it!

The 24th and the 28th are called "shoulders" and are usually added to a contract for those who have to travel or want a day before or after an event gets started.

We booked our room this morning. We are staying at the Gran Destino. It was 293.40/night before taxes and fees. I would have liked to stay at the Contemporary but 504.90/night was a bit more than we wanted to spend. We booked March 24- 28th. Is there something happening on the 28th that the booking is available through the 29th? This is our first time attending any DIS events and we are really excited and looking forward to it!
They are doing a live podcast taping that day.

They are doing a live podcast taping that day.
Ok, thanks! :) We normally get the latest flight out on our last day so hopefully we will be able to catch the taping. I am still pretty new at my job so my vacation days are limited or we would be staying another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter