September 9-11GKTW DIS Family Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited! I just purchased tickets for my husband and me to attend. He has been an avid Star Wars fan since the first film, and was 10 years old at the time. Fast forward to a few years ago when "Star Wars land" was announced, and that 10 year old little boy was sitting in front of me talking about how excited he was. We have not made it to see the land yet and I was seriously contemplating adding some tutoring to my schedule so I could afford a private tour for him. While appreciative, he would tell me that was "crazy" and he'll just wait for a few years. Anyway, he has spent nearly 23 years making my life better than I ever thought possible, so I am surprising him with this party to get him as close to what he could only imagine for more than 40 years. I think I'll spend the entire evening taking photos of him while he takes it all in. I cannot wait to share this experience and see the magic through his eyes.

Thanks, DIS, for putting this together and supporting such a great cause, too.

I don't know how I convinced my BF to go, but he said we could! This will be our first DIS event!

I bought tickets on Wednesday as soon as they went on sale. I originally called the group reservation line and booked CR, but given the hefty price tag started looking elsewhere.

Today I was able to rent points for a week at BLT for a great rate.

Now I'm trying to convince my BF to elope on the 20th so this trip can just be our honeymoon and I won't have to plan a wedding as I'd much rather plan for Disney. 😂

Oh heck, all you need in FL is a Notary Public to marry you.

I am so excited! I just purchased tickets for my husband and me to attend. He has been an avid Star Wars fan since the first film, and was 10 years old at the time. Fast forward to a few years ago when "Star Wars land" was announced, and that 10 year old little boy was sitting in front of me talking about how excited he was. We have not made it to see the land yet and I was seriously contemplating adding some tutoring to my schedule so I could afford a private tour for him. While appreciative, he would tell me that was "crazy" and he'll just wait for a few years. Anyway, he has spent nearly 23 years making my life better than I ever thought possible, so I am surprising him with this party to get him as close to what he could only imagine for more than 40 years. I think I'll spend the entire evening taking photos of him while he takes it all in. I cannot wait to share this experience and see the magic through his eyes.

Thanks, DIS, for putting this together and supporting such a great cause, too.

Thank you for my good (happy!) cry of the day! :sad::flower1: I hope you guys have a blast!

I’m gonna go and it’ll be my first solo trip! I’ve wanted to go to a Dis event for years so I didn’t let my fear hold me back! Deciding if I should wait to book at the Contemporary though!

Last edited:
Went for my morning run today wearing Jackie's (patent pending) high bun hair style. As it gets colder I realized that would be a fun DIS merch item: a warm hat with a poofball on top like Jackie's hair style. I love the idea of bouncing down the road with a pompom poofball on my head while staying warm... It'll be MAGICAL, you guys!

Meanwhile.... my brain has been pondering and plotting* outdoor unofficial events during the reunion.
*(I mean planning.... sure, planning.... there's no darkside to see here.... move along - move along) ;) :D

Went for my morning run today wearing Jackie's (patent pending) high bun hair style. As it gets colder I realized that would be a fun DIS merch item: a warm hat with a poofball on top like Jackie's hair style. I love the idea of bouncing down the road with a pompom poofball on my head while staying warm... It'll be MAGICAL, you guys!

Meanwhile.... my brain has been pondering and plotting* outdoor unofficial events during the reunion.
*(I mean planning.... sure, planning.... there's no darkside to see here.... move along - move along) ;) :D

Staying warm? I seem to recall doing something like that many, many moons ago.

I was talking to MaxRebo and I'm going to help with planning "Unofficial" events but we want to wait until GKTW releases the schedule.

I was talking to MaxRebo and I'm going to help with planning "Unofficial" events but we want to wait until GKTW releases the schedule.
Thank you both for doing that. Perhaps we should start a "roll call" thread with who is going and what dates they will be there. I'm sure some will just come for the weekend but others will stay before or after (before for us). We'd be up for meeting with others in the days leading up to the event.

Thank you both for doing that. Perhaps we should start a "roll call" thread with who is going and what dates they will be there. I'm sure some will just come for the weekend but others will stay before or after (before for us). We'd be up for meeting with others in the days leading up to the event.

Yes, we can do that. I'll copy what Max did last year and do a new logo for the header and get it started this weekend. I would strongly suggest that everyone wait til the schedule is released before planning too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!