March 27,2004 Magic Western Cruise...anyone else yet?

KAMLEM

DIS Veteran
I posted a few months ago but apparently that was too soon. Anyone else booked for this cruise?

Hi Kamlem,

Guess its just us on the 3/27/04 huh? Myself 42, DH 42, DS 16, DS13. This will be our 3rd disney cruise , but 1st on the western itinerary. How about you and yours?

Hi benebire,

It's me, DH, DD 9 and DD 7. We did the Eastern last August and it was our best vacation ever. We would have gone again sooner but I wanted to wait for a category 3. I am dying to try concierge!

Shari

Kamlem,

Cat 3, Lucky you! I'll have to hit the lotto before then if i want a Cat. 3. But no matter what cabin its a great time. I'm sure we'll see more folks from here as it gets closer. Did you book thru Dreams? I did and it says there are 16 families booked on our cruise thru them.

Benebire,

I did book through Dreams and I did last time, too. I think they are great. Last time we got a bottle of champagne. It was the best thing to sit on the verandah sipping a glass at night! I wish that's what I was doing tonight instead of sitting at home in 30 degree weather in the middle of April.

Shari

Well we are adventurous and booked this one - thought we would see what the Western is REALLY like. (We were on the 3/29 Western "mystery" cruise this year that ended up going to Costa Maya and canceling out of GC) Maybe we are bad luck, though.

Alas, we are grandparents! But we did take our 6 yr old gr daughter this year (along with son, his wife. and15 mo. old) so who knows, we might break down again next year too! Granddaughter is shy, and only went to the club once - this is not unusual for her when among strangers. She is a great traveler though and we would take her anywhere her parents would permit!!!!!! I see you are in the cold too - so are we. Sun is out today but it is still freezing and we still have snow in the yard. Makes one yearn for cruising! We have only been off the ship 3 weeks and I am ready to go back!!!!

Count my family in.

Myself (39) & DW (?), DS 11, DD 9, we have a SPR 5020. This is our second cruise, we did the Wonder last spring and needed more.

Can't wait

lampy-

I have a DD9 also. We are in 8532. We did the Eastern cruise last August but neither of my daughters wanted to participate in the kids clubs much. How about yours?

We are on the Magic March 27, 2004:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DH (42) Me (40) DS (17) and little DS (9) This is our second Disney Cruise. The first was August 2001 in a Cat. 6. We are in Cat 4 this time.

Can't wait!!!! 4 day Wonder was nice but not long enough.

Sandy

KAMLEM

Our DD and DS liked the Club but we were too busy with all the excursions on the 4 day for her to spend much time there. She did not like going there after dinner. It was too rushed and she just went to shows with us. She will probably enjoy it more this time on the sea days.

She really liked the flubber and her counselor but not much time as we had no sea days on our cruise. We were in a Cat 4 last time but could not pass up the savings of a SPR cat 10, I think I will miss the verandah the most as an early riser but will have to do.

We did not do any spas last time but did Atlantis on our own, Freeport dolphin swim, and parasailing.

I don't know what excursions to do this time? How about you?

lampy-

I have not even started to look into the excursions yet. On the Eastern we rented a car in St. Maarten and went to the butterfly farm, shopping and to the beach. I am drawing a blank and cannot remember the name of the beach but it was nice. In St. Maarten we just took a taxi into town to shop and then to the beach (which of course I cannot remember again but it was one of the real popular ones). I really enjoy the days at sea. I wish that the Western had 3 days at sea like the Eastern. We found ourselves very busy with the activities on the ship. I went to the spa twice - once for a pedicure and once for a facial and it was great. My husband wasn't interested in the spa. He did a lot of the sports activities with my daughter who was 8 at the time. She's a little tomboy and loves anything sports related. They played basketball and hockey on deck quite a bit and did the car race thing with the potato.

I guess I should start taking a look at the excursions. I'd like to do a couple this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter