March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

DanT

First visit 1955, with many more to come!
Will be in the Parks from March 2-5. Staying at Anaheim RV resort in our RV. This will be our first of 3 visits in 2020 so we are planning on getting Flex Annual passports... our first visit is all ”good to go”. Second visit in June is reservations only. But shouldn’t be an issue. Our third visit in December is part Good to Go and part Reservation only.
Looking forward to a fun 2020.
Who else is going in March 2020?

Last edited:
We will be there mid March. Going with a group of 15, and for many people in my group this is their one and only trip to Disney. I’m really hoping that both Indy and Haunted Mansion aren’t down while we are there.

We are scheduled for March, but keeping an eye on all of the refurbs and will delay if needed. I am interested in the RV resort you are staying at. We have never driven our RV to Disneyland and would be interested in logistics.....getting to park (we don't have a "toad"), close enough to take a break mid day, etc. etc.

We are scheduled for March, but keeping an eye on all of the refurbs and will delay if needed. I am interested in the RV resort you are staying at. We have never driven our RV to Disneyland and would be interested in logistics.....getting to park (we don't have a "toad"), close enough to take a break mid day, etc. etc.
We have been staying at Anaheim RV Resort for years...many of the spaces are very good. We have used deluxe back ins and Pull thrus...all are decent. It is afterall not why we are in Anaheim...just clean place to park and hook up the RV while we enjoy DL. We use ART to go to and from the park and have never had any issues. ART first bus is one hour before park opening and 1/2 hour after park closes. We come back mid day to check on our dog and get some lunch. The RV park is the first stop on the route.

We will be there in early March. I am bummed about the referbs that are scheduled but we were just there in Aug and our reason for going back so soon is to try to get on ROTR and to experience the food and wine festival. I am excited to go during a different time of year then I usually do.

we are going Feb 28th to March 4th. First time going at this time of year. It is my hubby's bday and he finely wanted to go when the dang overlay wasn't on Haunted mansion (son and My bday both fall during that 5months overlay) but it's going to be down now and he's so bummed but still, we are going to have a good time. I hope you all do as well.

We going in late March after we get off a Panama Canal cruise in San Diego. Our kids know about the cruise but not about Disneyland so I'm wrapping up the tickets for Christmas.

We going in late March after we get off a Panama Canal cruise in San Diego. Our kids know about the cruise but not about Disneyland so I'm wrapping up the tickets for Christmas.

We've done a panama canal cruise capped off with Disney World since the cruise went SD to Miami. It was seriously the best trip ever! Your kids are going to love it.

We're going March 7-11. I'm bummed that I booked it before they released the after dark event 2 DAYS BEFORE we arrive. Hotels are booked up (except onsite) so I couldn't change the dates. But we're still super excited to go and see Galaxy Edge and all the other lovely things of Disneyland.

We've done a panama canal cruise capped off with Disney World since the cruise went SD to Miami. It was seriously the best trip ever! Your kids are going to love it.

The ship sails from New Orleans so we're doing a day there before embarkation and then Disneyland after. Altogether the trip will be 3 weeks long and we haven't taken a vacation that length since our honeymoon. I'm so excited.

We're a 'maybe', but if we do we'll be staying at the RV park, too. It's really a nice park and ART picks up right at the office. We prefer Uber, but ART works too.

Sounds like a lot of us are heading up to DL after getting off the WBPC. We can take over the park :p

Alright folks, I’m going to give this a go! If you post your dates and hotel below, I will add you to the original post as I am able. If I miss you, it was not intentional. Just nudge me or post again :-)

I do my best, but am not super tuned in to breaking news from Disney. If anyone hears of any announcements, ride closures or re-openings, SWGE info, or other important information that could affect our March trips, please post for the good of the order. Happy vacation!

2/28-3/4 JadeDarkstar
2/28-3/6 Anders_4—GCH
2/29-3/2 julieheyer—Candy Cane In
2/29-3/4 kikismom—Hilton Convention Center
2/29-3/8 Raimiette—Days Inn Anaheim West
3/1-3/2 Erin M—Del Sol
3/1-3/2 BandMom1—Candy Cane Inn
3/1-3/4 Astylla—Anaheim Hilton
3/1-3/6 Syndrome—Grand Californian DVC Studio
3/2-3/6 DanT—Anaheim RV Park
3/2-3/7 Lewdannie—DLH/GCH DVC Studio Villa
3/3-3/6 RobertLC—Ramada Convention Center
3/3-3/8 sandrawendy1995
3/3-3/12 sncarse8—HoJo
3/5-3/9 khewlett—DLH
3/5-3/12 Jedimdes—Grand Californian
3/6-3/13 rgmills25—Camelot Inn
3/7-3/8 Lm3js—Fairfield Inn
3/7-3/10 MatthewThompson87—GCH
3/7-3/10 Going2DisneyAZ—Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance
3/7-3/11 Daisybelle—BWPPI
3/7-3/13 bobafettfan—BWPPI
3/8-3/11 jaina—Motel 6
3/8-3/11 Cory’s Gal—DLH
3/8-3/14 gerilyne—GCH
3/8-3/14 TikiTroll—GCH
3/8-3/13 Canadian Harmony—Tropicana
3/8-3/14 Mickeybell—BWPPI
3/8-3/15 Diszona—DLH
3/9-3/13 camara381—Paradise Pier
3/9-3/13 RockThatCrown - GCH
3/10-3/12 basketking—BWPPI
3/10-3/12 Piglet99645—Desert Inn and Suites.
3/10-3/14 Christina-B-Na—BW Stovalls
3/11-3/15 DreamtheImpossible—Four Points by Sheraton
3/11-3/17 Mottermann—Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim, DLH, Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim
3/13-3/16 Deirdres - Sheraton Park
3/13-3/17 Not Your Mom—GCH
3/14-3/16 Abbeyroad6282—Anaheim Clarion
3/14-3/29 YukonMommy—Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
3/16-3/18 IslaLila—Hojo
3/16-3/18 KC Remy -- Hotel Indigo
3/16-3/20 MickeyT—Desert Inn
3/16-3/20 BellaandMickey
3/16-3/20 ValpoCory—Hojo
3/17-3/21 Disney<333—Holiday Inn/VGC
3/17-3/24 peterpanandwendy
3/18-3/21 PRomano -- PPH
3/18-3/24 GatorMama
3/19-3/20 Bianca and Bernard—Castle Inn & Suites
3/19-3/21 Utah_DIsnerds -- PVI
3/19-3/22 Poppins2010—GCH
3/20-3/22 gometros—GCH DVC Studio Villa
3/20-3/22 tlovesdis—Motel 6 Maingate
3/20-3/24 jvncnt
3/21-3/23 Laundress -- DLH
3/22-3/26 mamapenguin
3/22-3/28 MajorasMask—GCH
3/22-3/29 Toffsky—Disneyland Hotel (3/22-25) and Camelot Inn (3/25-29)
3/23 & 3/24 Dankil13
3/23-3/24 Mark_E
3/23-3/25 dislvr75
3/23-3/26 Funtimeswithteenagers
3/23-3/28 TikiRob—DLH or BWPPI
3/24-3/27 CreightonsMomma—Fairfield Inn
3/25-3/28 Camilo—Clarion Inn
3/26-3/28 mernin—Fairfield Marriott Inn
3/26-3/28 Mommy2PrincessAbby—FFI
3/27-3/29 cptmemo—Worldmark
3/28-3/29 Jason_V—Portofino
3/28-3/31 Dkibbon—Disneyland Hotel
3/29-4/3 OneThree

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post any new or updated information, and I will add/correct.

The Good News:
Special Events & Breaking News

• Magic Happens Parade: Starting February 28
  • DCA Food & Wine Festival: February 28 - April 21
  • Soarin’ Over California: February 28 - April 21
  • Indiana Jones Adventure: after hours event March 4-5 (AP Exclusive)
  • Mini Gay Day: March 7 (ticket promotion March 2 - 13)
  • Child and SoCal resident ticket promotion: January 7-May 21; find details here — https://www.disboards.com/threads/socal-child-ticket-deal-2020.3785340/
  • Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55 will be Cinderella themed for the month of March
  • Onward's Ian and Barley will have daily meet-and-greets at Pixar Pier
  • Breaking News: Effective February 11, 2020, Monster's Inc. and Autopia have been added to FastPass, with Millennium Falcon coming to FastPass "soon"
The Bad News:
Ride Refurbishments & Breaking News

Monitoring:
  • Indiana Jones: Possible refurbishment?
  • Red Car Trolley: Possible reopening?
  • Grand California Spa: Possible opening?
Useful Planning Resource:

Last edited by a moderator:
3/7-3/10 MatthewThompson87 Grand Californian

Husband, myself, and parents (who are visiting from the East coast). I used to live in Orlando, and I was in the parks and resorts a lot. But this will be my first visit to DLR since moving to California.

We won’t be able to visit my parents back east on their actual anniversary, so we’re using this visit to celebrate their 50th. They haven’t been to DL for 35 years, but Star Wars convinced them to try it. They’re starting their trip with a few nights at Torrey Pines in La Jolla, then we’re going big with staying at Grand Californian, doing Napa Chefs Counter, Carthay, Blue Bayou and WoC Dessert party. Their final night here we’re heading to the Magic Castle in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter