March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

We’ll be there 3/10- 3/14...me, dh,ds7 and ds4!! So excited!! We haven't been in almost 2 years. Trying out BW Stovalls for the 1st time. The countdown is already killing me! Ha!
We will be at stovalls too. I think you'll like it. Don't forget to walk through and take pictures of their historic topiary garden!

Boarding group procedures for ROTR have been announced!

Official Disney announcement here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sistance-launching-jan-17-at-disneyland-park/

DIS discussion here, beginning on page 11: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-superthread-no-ride-spoilers-please.3784461/

The short version is that all individuals desiring to join a boarding group must scan into Disneyland Park (not DCA). Boarding groups will open at the published park opening time, even if guests are allowed to scan into DL early. No specific mention of MM/EMH, but it seems like boarding groups would still open at published park opening time even on a MM/EMH day. Once boarding groups open, you can seek to join a boarding group on the Disneyland app or at “select locations” within the park (no details on these yet). Joining a boarding group does not guarantee a ride, since as we’ve seen at WDW, the ride can and does go down frequently, meaning that boarding groups late in the day sometimes are not called.

Of course, we will have more details on how the boarding group system is working, how the ride is functioning, and ride strategy, to the extent any exists and is needed, before our March trips, but it’s still fun to think about!

We will be at stovalls too. I think you'll like it. Don't forget to walk through and take pictures of their historic topiary garden!

Thanks ASUmom! Fellow Arizonan? For whatever reason I’ve been really nervous about trying this hotel out for the 1st time but it sounds like it will be great! Hadn’t heard about the garden so thanks for the heads up. Will definitely check it out.

Numerous Disney blogs and watchers are reporting that King Arthur Carrousel will remain closed until May 21. I have updated Post #19 with this most definite bad news.

Thanks ASUmom! Fellow Arizonan? For whatever reason I’ve been really nervous about trying this hotel out for the 1st time but it sounds like it will be great! Hadn’t heard about the garden so thanks for the heads up. Will definitely check it out.
Nope, just an asu mom...lol. Son has since graduated, married and lived in Mesa. We live in no. Cal.

Numerous Disney blogs and watchers are reporting that King Arthur Carrousel will remain closed until May 21. I have updated Post #19 with this most definite bad news.

This bums me out a bit. We have such great memories on the carousel. When my daughter was 4 she rose the carousel with Belle, my daughter is so shy but she wasn't with that Belle for some reason. She still talks about when Belle rose the carousel with her. With Haunted Mansion and the carousel down I'll have to start planning another trip!

Hmmm , this one is one I have not heard of -
Just saw on the Disneyland Schedule that Jessies Critter Carousel will be closing for refurb starting on Monday , February 24th .
Not sure, but guessing this will be going into March for the refurb ? Unless its only going to be a few days, it will be closed for at least a little while in March ?
Anyway, thats both carousels or "merry go rounds" closed at the same time ! One in each park .

Just saw on the Disneyland Schedule that Jessies Critter Carousel will be closing for refurb starting on Monday , February 24th .
Not sure, but guessing this will be going into March for the refurb ? Unless its only going to be a few days, it will be closed for at least a little while in March ?
Anyway, thats both carousels or "merry go rounds" closed at the same time ! One in each park .
I’d hope it isn’t too extensive as it isn’t a year old!

I’d hope it isn’t too extensive as it isn’t a year old!

Actually, its almost 20 years old , lol. Was only "re-themed" about a year ago .
All the mechanics of the 20 year old "King Tritons Carousel" , are still in operation , it was only re-themed to "Jessies Critter Carousel" , about ....... what , a year ago ?

Actually, its almost 20 years old , lol. Was only "re-themed" about a year ago .
All the mechanics of the 20 year old "King Tritons Carousel" , are still in operation , it was only re-themed to "Jessies Critter Carousel" , about ....... what , a year ago ?
Yes, I’m sorry. I guess I assumed that when it was rethemed they would have done an extensive maintenance update. Maybe not...

Yes, I’m sorry. I guess I assumed that when it was rethemed they would have done an extensive maintenance update. Maybe not...

Yes, I would agree . With a re-theming as extensive as Tritons to Jessies, you would think that they would have at least updated some of the 20 y/o mechanicals ?
Maybe Jessies just needs some sprucing up ?

Thanks Syndrome! I can’t find any information for this refurb aside from the DL calendar. Hopefully it’s just a Monday though Thursday spruce up, but I’ll add it to “monitoring” and let’s see how it looks over the next week.

Our family of 3 will be making our very first visit to DL 3/20 to 3/24! My wife went as a child, but neither myself nor my 12 year old son have ever been. We are WDW veterans, and hopefully learn to navigate DL successfully!!

Ugh! I saw that this morning also. We haven’t been able to see the Critter Carousel yet. It would really stink if both were down for our trip.

March 14-29 (yes you read that right!) I am an Educator and this is our Spring Break time where I live. Myself, Hubby and our 4 kids (17, 15, 13, 10) on what we think is our last family holiday (pardon me while I go ugly cry!) as our oldest is graduating in June and plans to go work/travel the world for 2 years before becoming a flight attendant.

Right now we have a room booked at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, but I am constantly on the look out for a different option.

Hubby and I were hoping to catch the Fireworks at the Tomorrowland viewing terrace, but it seems they don't run that now. Maybe it'll come back for March, but I'm not holding my breath. We've already done the WOC dessert party - super great - and Fantasmic too, but I was hoping for the fireworks thing. I did it in October and loved it. I know my family would too.

So that makes definitely one carousel and HM down for March. Dang it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter