March Trip reports

I think my ez pass from nj qill work in Florida. Not 100 percent sure on that one.

The Sunpass system only recognizes Georgia and North Carolina toll programs

https://www.sunpass.com/en/about/whereToUseSunPass.shtml

See the map at the bottom of the page.

Unless you plan to be a regular traveler to Florida and are going to central and south Florida mostly, it's not worth getting a Sunpass for a trip to Disney every couple years. There are only two toll points (one on the Turnpike and one on Hwy 429) between I75 and WDW. Sunpass gives you a small discount versus paying cash. The Turnpike toll plaza can back up but it's not bad. The one on 429 hardly has a wait and if so it's quick.

So it may not be worth the hassle, honestly.

Bama Ed

I think my ez pass from nj qill work in Florida.

I live in Vt. and have both EZ-pass and Sunpass. Your EZ-pass will work on parts of the tool roads, like parts of the 528 and parts of 417. You will need to get sunpass or stop and pay the tolls in the other areas if you will be using them.

I live in Vt. and have both EZ-pass and Sunpass. Your EZ-pass will work on parts of the tool roads, like parts of the 528 and parts of 417. You will need to get sunpass or stop and pay the tolls in the other areas if you will be using them.

This is true. Let's get down in the weeds.... :crazy:

SunPass is the Florida Turnpike pre-paid toll system that works with other toll roads and bridges in the state of Florida.

Florida has toll roads/highways OTHER than the Turnpike in the Orlando area (there are several) operated by the Central Florida Expressway Authority which primarily uses a system called E-Pass which is the Primary system for THEIR pre-paid tolls (SunPass is a secondary system). Highway 429 is one of those CFEA toll highways from the Turnpike to the WDW exit at the Western Way exit. Around Orlando, E-Pass accepts SunPass.

To get to WDW from I75, you pay one toll on the Turnpike and one toll on Hwy 429.

Thing is, though, I don't believe the Turnpike accepts E-Pass (just GA and NC as I linked above). Not that I've ever seen anywhere.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong (which according to my DW occurs frequently)....

So to drive through the big Turnpike toll plaza, the EZ-Pass or E-pass won't work, you would need the SunPass.

Or just don't bother and pay the toll and sit in the one brief line on the Turnpike. Like I said, 429 usually no wait to pay a cash toll. If snowmedic says his transponder works on other CFEA roads, it works. He can roll through 429 if he were to come that way. But I don't believe it works on the Turnpike.

https://www.cfxway.com/for-travelers/projects/429/

Okay, I'm gonna forget everything I just said. There's only so much room on the hard drive between my ears.

Erasing now....

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Lol, i do have that effect on people! Ill just go slow, no other choice with the pop up, and not blow any tolls! Im know the roads a little down there, but havent been in some time.

Snow medic, i have to ask what you do up there in vermont. Reguler medic? Or is the snow designation something special?

I'm planning on taking 417 around Orlando. I hope the SunPass I bought will get me through those areas.

14 days and counting!

Ok now, getting serious...

View attachment 383734

Yep. Me two. I only have two weekends left at home to get stuff ready.

Got to change the oil in the TV
Refill the propane tanks (keep the ones on there)
Check the tire pressure and air up
Pop the roof and put the sheets/blankets on the bed
Rough meal plan for the week so I know what to bring from home (condiments, etc.)

Whatever I forget, I can pick it up at Wal-Mart. :magnify:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
21 days to go for us! We are staying at Thousand Trails on the first night. We had an old ressie that instead of cancelling, we kept pushing it out knowing we would eventually use it. We will probably not arrive until later in the evening. Hopefully we can get into the Fort earlier on Friday morning.

We are in process of buying a new to us motorhome. We had planned on using my Dad's Class C but are excited to have more space now!

Rough meal plan for the week so I know what to bring from home (condiments, etc.)

Bama Ed

I'm a "list guy" as well. I have 2 or 3 going on at any given time....

Gotta get stuff done and it's rained the last four weekends and rain this weekend.... slowing me down! I gotta go!

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 1.58.43 PM.png

Wooooo!

Tires rotated on TV (will be in the shop for a rear main seal in the next day or so)
Get new registration tags
Oil change
DEEP cleaning
Pop up the pup and put bedding and chairs in it.
i need to make a master list for packing so I don't have to get anything at Walmart haha.

Today: picking up lanyards for the pins I ordered, and an autograph book, flipflops and maybe toiletries since there are none in the pup.
My goal is to be 100% ready to pull out early on Thursday or Friday AM so we can clear Beaumont traffic.

Bama Ed

Same here, 2 weekends at home, then 3rd weekend we pull out for FW

View attachment 383989

Wooooo!

Tires rotated on TV (will be in the shop for a rear main seal in the next day or so)
Get new registration tags
Oil change
DEEP cleaning
Pop up the pup and put bedding and chairs in it.
i need to make a master list for packing so I don't have to get anything at Walmart haha.

Today: picking up lanyards for the pins I ordered, and an autograph book, flipflops and maybe toiletries since there are none in the pup.
My goal is to be 100% ready to pull out early on Thursday or Friday AM so we can clear Beaumont traffic.
RideswithChrist, I live in Orange. I would recommend you plan to hit Beaumont by 6:00 am. The construction is a bear west of Beaumont and in Orange. I’ve looked up at I 10 from hwy 87 on the way to get a Sonic drink and felt for the people sitting still on the interstate just trying to get into Louisiana. For whatever reason, it isn’t as bad westbound.

RideswithChrist, I live in Orange. I would recommend you plan to hit Beaumont by 6:00 am. The construction is a bear west of Beaumont and in Orange. I’ve looked up at I 10 from hwy 87 on the way to get a Sonic drink and felt for the people sitting still on the interstate just trying to get into Louisiana. For whatever reason, it isn’t as bad westbound.

ugh. That is what we were thinking- either hit Beaumont by 6am (highly unlikely as we are by Austin and not morning folk) OR plan on leaving in the evening and passing through late/after 11PM and stopping for the night then.
My folks are in Pearland, so we might go there for the night/grocery run etc and then leave at 5am to make it through though. So many choices and they are all hinging on when my husband can finish this web project so we can take off.

Is there an afternoon time that would be ok- or a way around- like hitting 73 and going S through Port Arthur, or would that be worse with all the contractors and oil fielders swapping shifts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!