March Wish Challenge Let it Go or some of us are sick of snow

sweetpeama

DIS Veteran
Hi My name is Tammy and I will be your main hostess for this month on our journey. As I write this we got even more snow over the weekend in my area and yes I am sick of the snow.

Your assistant Hostess is HappyGrape who will be posting from Ireland.

Due to my keeping more of a night schedule thanks to my husband working nights and having a child who deals with sleep issues on a regular basis most days the post will not be until later in the day especially if my computer ends up being a pita. At least until I remember my password to get it on my new phone or I actually charge my old phone and can at least use it with the wifi.

Future Hostess

April LoveSmurfs

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Sometime in 2019

Please take a moment to introduce yourself and what your goal is for the month each weekend we will report our progress toward our goals and I will get them up sometime Monday. When depends on how much sleep my special needs 10 year old lets me get and how much my internet and computer decide to cooperate with me. I am thinking my least favorite phase is starting to become (not responding)

Last edited:
My name is Tammy and I am in Snowy Montana where over the weekend there were a whole lot of slide offs on the road and some major accidents including what the news media termed a muti vehicle accident on US 212 closing the road between the communities of Brodus and Lame Deer. Reports from a truckers facebook page for sharing information on that road and the conditions were there were 16 semis involved and some of the pictures looked really bad. I have 2 girls ages 13 and 10 and my husband works in a food supply warehouse pulling orders but he always starts out in ice cream.

My goal this month is going to be on concentrating on drinking enough water starting with at least 64 ounces a day. Between the fact that my nice clip to my shoe pedometer got broke (thank you 10 year old who popped the wire clip off one night when you were up at 3:30 am still because mama fell asleep and you were mad that daddy couldn't find you some jammies) and still hasn't been found (13 year old thinks she can get it fixed for me but her sister has decided I am taking the 5th and not telling you anything as to where it is) and the fact that I have to wear snow boots out of the house and I discovered that it doesn't work on them even if I just slip it on my laces when I am in a building. Why won't stores provide nice benches for people to sit and switch into their street shoes and then let you check your winter boots and coats while you shop-now that would be nice. We have had sickness in our house so other exercise is out right now not to mention tripping over 4 cats when I walk and I really need to get new shoes that might have better traction because doing tennis or bowling on the wii has turned into a skating version on linolium. Sleep well with my youngest it is forget it though it is after noon today and she is still asleep. Don't worry she will make up for it another day by being up at 6 am and then not going to bed that night until after midnight. I am thinking water is going to be the easiest provided I can keep a little girl from steeling mine.

Our goals for this month

Sweetpeama Drinking at least 64 oz of water each day

Piglet1979 Tracking Food Daily

glss1/2fll Tracking Food Daily and Minimal Steps

Ale Louise Lose 4 lbs and do a virtual 5K

LoveSmurfs Lose 10 lbs

Oneanne Lose 6 lbs Walk 100 miles and do 5 hours of soul work weekly

Ski_Mom Lose 8 lbs

Last edited:
I am in for the month. My goal will be to track my food every day.

For those that don't know me I am Stephanie. I am 38, married for 13 year and have 2 kids. I am really tryingv to lose weight before our cruise. It is not going well so far.

I'm in again. Thanks for getting this up and running!!

I'm Linda from the Pacific Northwest and am going to keep my goals the same. I will log my food every day and get my minimum steps in. The first four days of the month it was exactly that. Minimum steps! But I got them in. Today as I was walking home from work a neighbor asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. Since I'd worked too late to make it to yoga class I said sure! Finally, I've done more than the minimum. I've more than doubled it and my legs are tired. I've been logging my food and that has been dismal. Two of the four days I've been over my calories and the other two are nowhere near enough to make up for it! Oh well. Today is better. Moving on!

People at work are doing weight watchers and it is fun to listen to them talk about how much weight they've lost this week. Today I noticed that one of the gals is starting to look thinner. I'm hoping their enthusiasm will rub off on me as I try to make healthier choices!

Hello!

I’m Ale, 27, married to my best friend and My goal for this year is to lose 26lbs so I can book a Disney Cruise for the first time ever. I’m hoping that the DCL will be the motivation I need to finally get healthy again. I’m also taking monthly virtual running challenges from Pow! Virtual running to keep me focused each month. I already completed my first 5k on February and earned my medal.

So my goals for this month are to lose 4lbs and complete my second virtual 5k!

Good luck to all of you who are doing this march challenge :)

#Thanks for setting this up. I could help with Tuesdays and /or Thursdays if you would like help? Wednesday is always same so we could share a month

Last edited:

Good morning! I'm in. I officially volunteer to do April, if y'all don't mind total incompetence. So my doing the month for fools is a good one....

Goal for the month is to lose 10 pounds. Will continue to exercise daily, log my food and drink my water.

Hi, I'm Cheryl. I'm 50 and started this journey September 15, 2017. I've lost 69 pounds so far, by just counting calories, making good food choices and exercising daily. I've got about 80 more to go, but I'm already down from 3-4x to a 1x and from size 26 pants to a size 18. And I feel great.

Husband and I are basically empty-nesting -- DS24 is married and DD18 is away from home at college.

I'm in for another month. Hi, I'm Lizanne also from the PNW... rain country. Although we've got some sun going on out there today, which is heavenly.

My goals for March are going to be to:

Lose 6 pounds... need to get going on this, since the first week of the month is almost over.
To walk 100 miles... which is around 8000 steps per day. I'm already 10,000 steps behind so I'd better get moving.
To do 5 hours of soul work per week... this is something that's come up in the course I'm taking: some are doing an hour a day but I think that's a bit ambitious for me, since I'm not going to count knitting as soul work. I need to start by making a list of things that will count, things like playing around with paper cutting, listening to the course podcasts and going out to the beach at sunset when I'm down at the ocean, not staying in the room... or even standing out on the deck will qualify as long as it's intentional.

I had a subtle shift in food/eating last week. So subtle that I didn't realize it had happened until I thought back over the week. I had gotten pizza fixings and made little Greek pita pizzas for myself about four nights during the week, when I wanted just a little something for dinner. Two shifts happened here, first I didn't resort to fast food at all during the week and second I actually ate food I had bought at the grocery store. This week I got fixings for a casserole and cooked it up last night, so four meals are covered.

I've been reading the "Food: The Good Girl's Drug" book, and yes I am a binge eater. Her definition of binge eating is eating without control to the point of feeling physically ill and feeling emotionally badly about it. I do that, mostly when sugar is involved like consuming an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting or a whole bag of candy. Hopefully realizing this will help me manage it better.

Last edited:
I'm also back in. I was a somewhat active member of these threads a couple of years ago (how time flies). I did pretty good, losing 30 pounds in about 4.5 months. I went on a long vacation (for me) and was worried it'd go downhill from there. Well, I didn't gain anything on vacation, but even that messed with my mind for some reason. In the past year and a half, I've gained those 30 pounds back. I'm now refusing to go above that though!!

My name is Becky, last year was my 25th anniversary and we have 3 kids - ages 21, 19 and 15. Our two oldest are away at college, so we're down to only one at home for most of the year.

I'm like Cheryl and I think the key to me is counting calories. I'm an accountant, so if I can look at my daily food like a budget, it all makes sense to me lol! I just need to get my mind wrapped around it again because when I was doing well, it honestly didn't seem that hard to me, but I just got lazy and started eating whatever was easy and handy again instead of preparing and having a plan.

My goal for the month is going to be to lose 8 pounds. That's 2 pounds a week, so I think it should be do-able. I'm going to do it through cutting out my 32 oz McDonald's soda that I get every morning and replacing it with water and tracking what I eat. When I track, I plan, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get back on track.

Another not so good eating day for me. And then, DS made giant sugar cookies with frosting. I haven't logged it yet, but I'm sure it must be a million calories! Part of the bad eating was because I didn't plan last night's dinner. Well, I did. I just didn't plan that DH and DS would eat so much there were no leftovers! PB&J's have too many calories darn them! Then tonight I didn't make the potato soup I'd planned and instead while I was at Costco grabbed Brie cheese and bread. The carrots and grapes I had with them certainly don't make up for all that other deliciousness! So tomorrow for sure will be soup (and maybe one slice of that yummy bread!). I'm thinking it'll be a good thing when DS goes back to college this weekend. Maybe less junky food around and I can stick to my plan.

Woohoo it's Wednesday!

I walked 10,000 steps yesterday, making up 2,000 of my deficit towards my 100 mile goal for the month.
Last evening I listened to a course podcast, for 45 minutes of soul work.
Its sunny again this morning. And the days are getting longer and longer... the sun is now "up" while I'm at the bus stop in the morning and for a couple hours after I get home.

My SIS's house went on the market yesterday... between the time I got home and sunset there were about four showings, so its looking good to turn it quickly. I had intended to do some cleanup in my front yard last night, because after the gardeners cleaned her yard up for sale mine looks even worst, but it felt strange to be out there with people coming and going so all I did was clear some stuff up from the deck/porch. We're supposed to get some sun for at least part of the weekend, so I'll have to make a point to get out early before people start coming over.

Woot Wednesday!! Down 70.2 pounds!!!

I started out in mid September at 305 pounds, 47.8% body fat. Today, 234.8 pounds, 36.8% body fat. And I feel SOOOOO... much better.

The negative -- I'm wearing a shirt today that I really love (it's got to be 15 years old) but haven't been able to wear for at least 10 years. In this journey, I breezed right by the size and missed wearing it while it would've fit me, so I'm swimming a bit in it, but wearing it anyway just because.

My Woohoo today is that I found out that my insurance covers mental health like a regular dr. office visit. To give some background to this. I have talked about DD's anxiety before but on Monday we had her in the ER because she couldn't see out of her left eye. After all the tests the Dr. said she can see but her brain is making her think she can't see out of it. This is caused by stress and anxiety. We are working on getting her in to see a councilor in hopes that they can help her get the tools she needs to handle her anxiety. It has been a very stressful few days. So much so i have lost 2 pounds in 2 days and I have made myself sick. This happened one other time where I lost 9 pounds in a month or so because DH and I were not in a good place. Stress, frustration and worry do not sit well with me. Though I don't mind the pounds lost I am hoping to get myself back to normal by the end of the week.

My Woohoo for this week

Another lose on the scale this morning though it is still not down where I want it or even my lowest in the past 15 months but it is finally moving down again.

I found the wire that goes on my pedometer to fasten it to my shoe with the wire under the laces and was able to get it fixed.

My 10 year old actually at something from everything put on her plate for dinner which was crockpot barbecued pork chops, white rice, and mixed vegetables (peas, corn, carrots, green beans). Tomorrow the plan is to have Tuna Noodle Casserole provided my husband picks up some tuna if not I will have to have 13 year old dig in the cupboard and see if we have any canned chicken (highly doubt it) and make a chicken noodle casserole or we might just do breakfast or I will figure something out.

Thursday 8 of March. Happy International Women's Day!

Elsa: Let the storm rage on! The cold never bothered me anyway.​

frozen_61.jpg

Today we have two topics
1. What is the weather where you live, and does this impact how eat and how much you exercise
2. Preparation for the weekend. Sometimes it's easier to prepare for the week ahead. Sunday prep for Monday to Thursday. Sunday to Thursday we either prepare for the week or have something prepare. This leaves Friday and Saturday. The sad reality is two days of over indulging can negate 5 days of healthy eating. For me Friday and Saturday are the trouble days.

Do you have trouble days? Can you do something, even if it's just make a plan - so you make it easier for yourself this weekend? Share your tips to enjoy your weekend but not negate your week. Do you cut more during the week so you can relax more during the weekend? Do you try to move more? Please share your weekend tips​

Woot Wednesday!! Down 70.2 pounds!!!

I started out in mid September at 305 pounds, 47.8% body fat. Today, 234.8 pounds, 36.8% body fat. And I feel SOOOOO... much better.

The negative -- I'm wearing a shirt today that I really love (it's got to be 15 years old) but haven't been able to wear for at least 10 years. In this journey, I breezed right by the size and missed wearing it while it would've fit me, so I'm swimming a bit in it, but wearing it anyway just because.

well done - impressive! Tell us your top 3 tips to stick to your plan?

1. Yes - winters I crave warm cooked food and bread. Summer I naturally crave fresh fruit and vegetables. Winters are hard, but cooking helps
2. I need to get my head in the right place. Friday and Saturday are definitely my trouble days. Saturday in particular as we are so busy but tired from the week. I will try to talk to my husband and see how can we manage our time better but i have some healthier options that I can eat on the go as chain of salad bars for example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!