Mardi Gras concert lineup announced

georgina

DIS Veteran
Finally! Got an email about concerts. I'm leaving Feb 8 but if the concert that night appealed to me I would stick around (it doesn't much, I've never heard of Karol G). I also don't remember any on Fridays last year.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...204.000001781&IndivKey=139858142#tcm:58-68129
Concert Lineup

Saturday, Feb. 1 - The Roots
8:30 pm
Saturday, Feb. 8 - Karol G
Saturday, Feb. 15 - Bell Biv DeVoe
Sunday, Feb. 16 - +Live+
Saturday, Feb. 22 - Kool & the Gang
Saturday, Feb. 29 - TLC
Saturday, Mar. 7 - REO Speedwagon
Sunday, Mar. 8 - Dustin Lynch
Friday, Mar. 13 - Luis Fonsi
Saturday, Mar. 14 - The All-American Rejects
Sunday, Mar. 15 - Diana Ross
Friday, Mar. 20 - Chris Young
Saturday, Mar. 21 - Earth, Wind & Fire
Sunday, Mar. 22 - Marshmello
Saturday, Mar. 28 - Why Don’t We
Sunday, Mar. 29 - Gavin DeGraw

Thanks for sharing. So how does that affect touring strategy for someone who doesn't plan to attend the concert, but wants to be in the parks doing HP stuff during the evening (we will be there on 2/15)? Would you steer clear of USF and stick to IOA that night - or does it not matter crowd-wise?

We will be there for Live, which was one of my DH's favorite bands when he was a teenager. I think he is thinking about upgrading his pass to Power to attend.

Along with @westminster question. What is the strategy if you want to attend a concert. When should you get there?

Finally! Got an email about concerts. I'm leaving Feb 8 but if the concert that night appealed to me I would stick around (it doesn't much, I've never heard of Karol G). I also don't remember any on Fridays last year.

I will be there for Karol G as well...Google tells me that she is a Reggae singer?? Oh well, there really isn't anything on the rest of the line up that I am dying to see either so No Big Deal. Still waiting for the parade sign ups to post so DD can throw beads at people!!

Thanks for sharing. So how does that affect touring strategy for someone who doesn't plan to attend the concert, but wants to be in the parks doing HP stuff during the evening (we will be there on 2/15)? Would you steer clear of USF and stick to IOA that night - or does it not matter crowd-wise?

I personally wouldn't worry about it to be honest. I would just make sure to be in there well before the concert really begins that way you're not dealing with the line out the door with Mardi Gras crowd coming in for the concert in the park entrance. As that would be my only concern since HP area is nowhere near the actual concert area on the US side. If anything, if it's too crazy, or does get crowded you can always go to IoA instead, or just hop on the HE.

If there are many waiting way in advance for a concert, you’ll see shorter lines for some of the rides

If you are there for the rides, less peeps in line in front of you

I was thinking about using this list as days to avoid going to Universal, but it sounds like for the rides it's not a bad thing.

I agree that I have not noticed the concerts to affect park crowds much in previous years. They are on weekends which are somewhat busier than weekdays already.

So it sounds like it might be a wash. And do they continue to schedule the Superstar Parade and Cinematic Celebration during Mardi Gras, or are those preempted?

So it sounds like it might be a wash. And do they continue to schedule the Superstar Parade and Cinematic Celebration during Mardi Gras, or are those preempted?

Superstar just happens earlier in the day. The Mardi Gras Parade is every day, they still do the Celebration except on Concert nights. ( Weekends).

I *highly* recommend going to the Mardi Gras Parade, it's great.

That's disappointing. Never heard of the bands playing on President's Day weekend when we are there. Unfortunately, my girls (ages 12 and 10) favourite boy band Why Don't We is playing March 28. Ugh, they will be gutted if they find out. That just sucks.

That's disappointing. Never heard of the bands playing on President's Day weekend when we are there. Unfortunately, my girls (ages 12 and 10) favourite boy band Why Don't We is playing March 28. Ugh, they will be gutted if they find out. That just sucks.
Bell Biv DeVoe and Live were pretty popular in the US in the 90s. Granted, they weren't my favorite, and they are a bit of has beens, but I have heard of them. Are you from somewhere else? It seems weird never to have heard of Live who has sold 20 million albums, if you are Gen Xer or an older Millennial from the US at least.

Sorry about it disappointing your kids. We missed an artist who was performing in Atlanta (where we are from) in 2016 AND 2018 because he played when we went on vacation in Orlando!

I had no idea Live sold that many albums. I feel like a lot of people who do not know Live at least know their song Lightning Crashes, or I Alone.

I've never been during Mardi Gras/seen one of the concerts so I have this question.

It states that the artists start at 8:30. Park close is 9:00pm. Does that mean each artist typically only does a 30 minute set? Or do they play beyond official park close?

I've never been during Mardi Gras/seen one of the concerts so I have this question.

It states that the artists start at 8:30. Park close is 9:00pm. Does that mean each artist typically only does a 30 minute set? Or do they play beyond official park close?

Depends on the artist. Varies from an hour to an hour and a half in the past.

Depends on the artist. Varies from an hour to an hour and a half in the past.

Ok. So from your answer the performances will go past official park close by the sounds of it. How long just depends on the artist then.

Ok. So from your answer the performances will go past official park close by the sounds of it. How long just depends on the artist then.

I cannot confirm what the closing hours were the times I've gone in the past, but that's how it's been in the past in terms of length and it wouldn't surprise me. Others can confirm, but I had a feeling the situation was the show went into park closing. Considering a lot of theme parks have their night shows that start at the close of the park it it makes sense. It motivates all the guests interested in the attractions leave at a certain point if they're not interested in the show, which gives a little bit of the delay of the other guests that will be eventually leaving after the show.

I will be there for Karol G as well...Google tells me that she is a Reggae singer?? Oh well, there really isn't anything on the rest of the line up that I am dying to see either so No Big Deal. Still waiting for the parade sign ups to post so DD can throw beads at people!!

reggaetón singer... spanish... not reggae. She has the #1 song on the latin music charts with nikki minaj.
Her Punto G song is awesome too.. lots of hits.

Strategically waiting to start my families annual passes this year... sort of waiting to see if there is a 1,3, or 6 months free offer to be rolled out. They usually roll that out around mardi gras time. Anybody remember they precise date they typically roll that offer out? Dont want to wait too long since theres a few artist on here I want to see. I know theres no guarantee they will roll out an offer, but they have the last 3 or 4 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!