Mardi Gras Meet-up (Tues Mar 1), POFQ 9:30am

Tiggerette

You are *so much* my type of nerd!!
Hi DISers,

If it's decent weather we're going to be celebrating Mardi Gras over at Port Orleans French Quarter on Mardi Gras Day, Tuesday March 1st. We plan to watch / cheer the Golf Cart Parade and have a Disney "beignet." Would love to meet up with other DISers that want to laissez les bons temps rouler!

What: Mardi Gras Social
When:
Tuesday March 1, 9:30am.
Where: Meet outside Sassagoula Floatworks (cafe). We'll try to get outdoor table with good view of the parade.
I'll have a King Cake on hand to share at 10am! Other surprises too! If folks want to get "beignets" they're next door at the Scat Cat club.

Why: Because festively decorated golf cart parades are Universal.... wait, that's the wrong tag line. Because life is short and Mardi Gras is all about Carpe Vino! No... sorry, wrong line again... Carpe Diem (and beads and King Cake)! ;)
How: Parking is likely restricted. I suggest taking public transit options (boat/bus from Springs) to obviate the parking restrictions. Other arrival ideas welcome!

Other Notes:
Festive Dress
: If you'd like to festively dress, the colors of Mardi Gras are Purple, Green and Gold/Yellow. Traditionally, one wears costumes on Mardi Gras day. Since I don't expect most visitors to know that, I'll be festively dressed in a Purple, Green, Gold/Yellow combo.

Parade Route: The parade kicks off at 10am at PO-Riverside. They will travel down the levee side across the river from the pool/dining area. The will pass through PO FQ main center towards the end of the route.

Podcast Tuesday: Depending on the parade time, we may all decide to open up our devices to join the podcast/ chatterati at 1pm. Bring your device and we'll stream together! (Edit: As it turns out, we'll be done before the podcast. :) )

Mods, I placed this thread in the DIS unplugged podcast, since there is connection with the podcast chatterati. However, if this thread is more appropriately placed elsewhere, please feel welcome to move according to your process and practice. Merci!

Last edited:
We will be there. Staying at PO-FQ. The parade usually starts at 10 am at Riverside at Acadia House and then works its' way to the FQ along the river. Would love to meet other DISers. Have been on the DIS Boards for over 20 years. Got to meet Craig and Ryno at Oga's during the Annual Passholder preview for Galaxy's Edge.

Wow - this sounds like fun, sure wish I was going to be there. POFQ is one of my fave places to stay on property, regardless of price point, and when I came down regularly, I would try to get on property at least once a trip to hang out on the beautiful grounds, and get a mufuletta sandwich and beignets from Sassagoula. I also adored the gorgeous boat ride to/from Disney Springs.

Have a wonderful time - I will be there with you in spirit, for sure!!

If a reminder is posted the day before & day of … I will probably remember to “meet up”
I hope it is alright to wear all my beads caught during Universals Maridi Gras Parades…
Sounds like a lot of fun

If a reminder is posted the day before & day of … I will probably remember to “meet up”
I hope it is alright to wear all my beads caught during Universals Maridi Gras Parades…
Sounds like a lot of fun

Absolutely, wear beads from wherever. :jester: Though I will gently caution to watch out for "bead neck," the soreness that comes from wearing a lot of beads over a prolonged period of time.

Hi y'all! I've done some scouting and have the parade info updated in first post. Here's a little snippet for your enjoyment. Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

What: Mardi Gras Social
When:
Tuesday March 1, 9:30am.
Where: Meet outside Sassagoula Floatworks (cafe). We'll try to get outdoor table with good view of the parade.
I'll have a King Cake on hand to share at 10am! Other surprises too! If folks want to get "beignets" they're next door at the Scat Cat club.

Hoping to remember meetup …
Going to Universal Studios Orlando now for their Mardi Gras Parade at 7:00 .
So fun !
I just renewed My Universal AP
and time to renew WDW Platinum Florida DVC 60 day window

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!! I'll be wearing a green skirt and very festive headwear. I'll have surprise Mardi Gras treats and King Cake! We're going to try to find an outdoor table closest to the road, but also in the shade. If all the tables are filled, we'll find a nearby bench.

Have a wonderful day of celebration wherever you are!

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!! I'll be wearing a green skirt and very festive headwear. I'll have surprise Mardi Gras treats and King Cake! We're going to try to find an outdoor table closest to the road, but also in the shade. If all the tables are filled, we'll find a nearby bench.

Have a wonderful day of celebration wherever you are!
Hope you had a fantastic time. Even though I couldn't be there, it made me happy just to read this thread, and think of you there, at one of my favorite spots in all of WDW! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter