Mariner of the Seas & Coco Cay Review - Triple Threat Match (RCCL vs DCL vs CCL)

Looking forward to your review! I haven't sailed Carnival yet but have cruised 11 times on 4 different lines (1 on Britanis- now defunct; 2 on RCCL on the retired Sovereign of the Seas 13+ years ago; 1 on the Emerald Princess in 2016, and 7 so far on Disney). I plan to do a DCL vs. Princess vs. NCL review next year after our Baltic Cruise!

Please do! I've always been intrigued by Princess and NCL!

So happy you did this review, with some awesome pictures. Hey, with the Key offerings now, I may took a look at buying it still, for our 2021 Harmony cruise. So far away, but we are excited to try RCL. starting with one of their largest ships.

And two weeks ago, paid off our Carnival cruise this January. While it is on an older ship, what I am paying for 3 adults in an extended balcony, with the faster to the fun, and included with payment for tips, the total is still hundreds less than an inside cabin in DCL, and about a thousand less than RCL, for a similar balcony. 7 nights.

Then at least I can do a Carnival vs DCL. DCL was Fantasy, Dream and Magic. And I too years ago went on RCL's now gone, Sovereign of the Seas, when it was going out of Puerto Rico. That was a New Year's cruise taken before having kids. :)

So happy you did this review, with some awesome pictures. Hey, with the Key offerings now, I may took a look at buying it still, for our 2021 Harmony cruise. So far away, but we are excited to try RCL. starting with one of their largest ships.

And two weeks ago, paid off our Carnival cruise this January. While it is on an older ship, what I am paying for 3 adults in an extended balcony, with the faster to the fun, and included with payment for tips, the total is still hundreds less than an inside cabin in DCL, and about a thousand less than RCL, for a similar balcony. 7 nights.

Then at least I can do a Carnival vs DCL. DCL was Fantasy, Dream and Magic. And I too years ago went on RCL's now gone, Sovereign of the Seas, when it was going out of Puerto Rico. That was a New Year's cruise taken before having kids. :)

Thank you (Wait until you see those CocoCay pictures...) :)

Can't wait to see what you think of Carnival.

Wow, looks pretty amazing to me, I’ve been wanting to try RCCL for years. We’ve booked and cancelled 4 cruises over the years, I don’t know why we’re so afraid to go through with them. Their ships look amazing and so much fun. One of these days we’ll do it!!

Wow, looks pretty amazing to me, I’ve been wanting to try RCCL for years. We’ve booked and cancelled 4 cruises over the years, I don’t know why we’re so afraid to go through with them. Their ships look amazing and so much fun. One of these days we’ll do it!!

I recommend it. To me, the Mariner is like... If the Carnival Vista and the Disney Dream had a baby together. LOL

And CocoCay is absolutely amazing.

P.s.: Now my husband and I are dying to try an Oasis Class ship.

Coco Cay looks amazing. We missed it on our navigator cruise due to Dorian. Wondering if you went early? It doesn't look that busy.

Your report is simply --- MARVELOUS !!!!! Great pictures.

Have no fear. RCCL is fine. We most likely will not do DCL in the future due to $$$$.

I recommend it. To me, the Mariner is like... If the Carnival Vista and the Disney Dream had a baby together. LOL

And CocoCay is absolutely amazing.

P.s.: Now my husband and I are dying to try an Oasis Class ship.

GO DO AN OASIS !!!

I have to disagree with the cabin review. DCL will always win in my eyes because it has two bathrooms in the cabin, which makes it so much easier to get ready for a bigger family.

I have to disagree with the cabin review. DCL will always win in my eyes because it has two bathrooms in the cabin, which makes it so much easier to get ready for a bigger family.

It’s often cheaper to get connecting rooms with more space and 2 bathrooms on Royal than a room on Disney! Not invalidating your opinion- apples to apples - you are right - but space of the extra room and extended balcony can be dreamy and cheaper!

Different strokes for different folks... My husband and I are childfree so we just need one bathroom.

I don't know if RCCL have cabins with split bathrooms as we never look for those but maybe they do (?) and they would most likely be cheaper than DCL.

Regardless of the bathroom(s), I like the look of this cabin even more than DCL --which was my previous favorite-- and there was A LOT of space and cupboards (much more than on DCL).

I wish I had taken a picture of the cupboards, drawers and shelves. It was impressive. My husband and I could have brought our whole wardrobes from home.

Different strokes for different folks... My husband and I are childfree so we just need one bathroom.

I don't know if RCCL have cabins with split bathrooms as we never look for those but maybe they do (?) and they would most likely be cheaper than DCL.

Regardless of the bathroom(s), I like the look of this cabin even more than DCL --which was my previous favorite-- and there was A LOT of space and cupboards (much more than on DCL).

I wish I had taken a picture of the cupboards, drawers and shelves. It was impressive. My husband and I could have brought our whole wardrobes from home.

Thanks so much for your review! I agree re: the split bathroom vs one. As someone who's cruised 9 times on DCL and a handful of times on other lines it's really not a big deal for me. We cruised Princess a few years ago and the single bathroom was just fine (although our veranda cabin was SUPER tiny for the three of us). What I like for longer cruises is storage space and not having to climb over our suitcases to walk about the cabin. Sounds like RCCL has a lot!

Thanks so much for your review! I agree re: the split bathroom vs one. As someone who's cruised 9 times on DCL and a handful of times on other lines it's really not a big deal for me. We cruised Princess a few years ago and the single bathroom was just fine (although our veranda cabin was SUPER tiny for the three of us). What I like for longer cruises is storage space and not having to climb over our suitcases to walk about the cabin. Sounds like RCCL has a lot!

At least there was a lot in our cabin which was a "Spacious Panoramic Ocean View Cabin".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!