Marriott or Hilton closer to Sea World

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Was all set to book Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace for the proximity to DS, but now we might be booking a Discovery Cove/Aquatica/Sea World package. We liked the lazy river and pool area at the Lake Buena Vista Palace, so definitely looking for a resort with an awesome pool. But also, we will consider a Marriott or Hilton where we could possibly have a true 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom that we can book on points. Ideas? Thanks!

Was all set to book Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace for the proximity to DS, but now we might be booking a Discovery Cove/Aquatica/Sea World package. We liked the lazy river and pool area at the Lake Buena Vista Palace, so definitely looking for a resort with an awesome pool. But also, we will consider a Marriott or Hilton where we could possibly have a true 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom that we can book on points. Ideas? Thanks!
Will add.....no Disney Parks for this trip, so don't need the EMH/FP benefits.

Not sure if you will have a car or not but many of these are near the SeaWorld/Discovery Cove area and are on the I-Drive Trolley route which is a nice convenience:
Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Harbor Lake
Marriott Grand Vista

Also Marriott Lakeshore Reserve which is a little further away (you would need a car) but has the nicest pool in my opinion and you can also use the amenities at the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton next door.

I stayed at the Hilton Grand at Sea World earlier this year and I wasn't very impressed. It's great in theory and the grounds are nice but the room we had was very tired. Moldy sealant in the bathroom and a very small shower. It could be great but it felt like the room was just getting band aids instead of proper maintenance. Perhaps they are remodeling soon?

Anyways, there is Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando at Sea World right there. We spent a night there and it was really nice. They should have 1 bedroom suites and include breakfast.

I've also enjoyed the Sheraton Vistana Villages farther south on I-drive but have not experienced them recently. 2 bedroom unit with full laundry in the unit!

The timeshare places listed are great, and would be good choices and probably your best bets if you are looking for a condo type place. All get good reviews, and I've stayed at two of the four and thought they were nice. There is also the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. They went thru a recent remodel, and we stayed there in January and enjoyed it. The timeshares give you more space and a balcony. Somewhere like the Residence Inn has breakfast included, shuttles service to parks, quick queue for SeaWorld, and options for dining onsite for dinner if you want. They have a nice pool and hot tub. If you can go with just a hotel room the Renaissance hotel (Marriott) right across from SeaWorld has a stunning lobby, a kid waterpark sort of area, an adult pool, cushy loungers and heated towels.

I can't comment on condos in the area, but I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency on I-drive and it's amazing. Pools are unbelievable. I have also attended an event at the Hilton across from the OCCC and it's also great. Pools around the same quality. Lazy river, etc. Both would be excellent choices for proximity to Sea World and pool quality, but not great if you want more room to spread out in a condo set up.

I am probably a little biased here as I have points with Marriott Vacation Club. I love Harbor Lake and Grande Vista. Both properties are beautiful, IMO, and the amenities provided with the villas is on par with Disney Moderate resorts. In terms of room size, the villas are all over 1,000 sq ft for the same price as a rack rate value resort at Disney and sometimes depending on season they can be a bit higher. Still a great value. I feel Harbor Lake is more geared towards children as they have water play areas themed to pirate ships. Grande Vista has more of an adult vibe and way more restaurants on site.

I would suggest the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld or the Homewood Suites Orlando Theme parks. At the Renaissance you get some great extra benefits (front of line pass, bus and discounts) and it is literally right across the street. We walked there. Homewood is pretty new.

I have stayed at Renaissance at Marriott too. Great hotel, right across the road from SeaWiorld, which makes location ideal. The free front of line passes are great. Rooms are really large and comfortable, and the on-site waterpark is great if you have kids. Buffet breakfast in the restaurant was excellent. I don't think their rates are great paying out of pocket, but if you have points to spend, then it may be better value - we booked using British Airways miles, otherwise would never have thought about staying here. Think we enjoyed staying here as much as the Poly and HRH on our last trip.

We have stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbor and it was great. They are 2br 2 bath. Laundry in the room. Full sized kitchen. It was a really big space. There is also a really big screened in porch, so if it's nice outside, you can enjoy that space too. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The food at their quick service window was pretty good too. It's also really close to Sea World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter