Marriott Rewards - for those of you who dont already know..

sablair

Mouseketeer
I just realized (after purchasing my passes..ugh), that Marriott offers WDW (and universal) passes as one of their rewards. So, if you are are like me and have rewards sitting in your account, you can use them for passes!!! I havent done the math to see if this is the "best" way to use the points money wise, but if you can get your trans., hotel and meals cheaper by other means, it would be a great way to cut costs. I'm also wondering if someone can use their rewards to "gift" passes to another person.

Sheila

I saw this, too. I did the math and it is a very poor use of your points, but if you have extra points and have the other aspects of your trip paid for it is a nice option to have. Makes their timeshares in the Orlando and Southern California area a bit more attractive I would think, since you can now use your rewards points to buy your Disney tickets when you go to your timeshare or exchange into a timeshare in these places.

It is a bad use of points - but if you want to save a few bucks it is an option.

Consider this - for 165,000 points you can get:

Three 5 day park hoppers - value $690.
Seven nights in CY in Disney Village and two r/t airline tix - minimum value $1,300.

We just turned in 95,000 points for 6 nites at the new Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista. We got a 2 bedroom with full kitchen a living room and full free American breakfast. The cheapest rate I could find for our dates and for the 2 bedroom was $120 plus tax.

With our points we don't even have to pay the room tax. We are using our AP's and using our FF miles to get there. So we are taking a very CHEAP trip!! Courtesy of ALOT of travel that my DH has had to do this year. It's our reward for all the events he's missed in our lives like ballgames, school plays etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter