Marriott transfer to Disney Resort with toddler

khmoorefield

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We're staying onsite at the end of April, but we're toying with the idea of coming in on a night flight to gain a full day (cheaper too, thanks JetBlue!) We have Marriott points so we could get a free night, but we're traveling with our 2 year old so I want to make the transfers as easy as possible.

Any insights to nearby Marriotts, how to get there late at night (9:40 arrival) and then how to get over to Disney. Haven't started looking at car rentals and we would have to do Uber Family for the car seats (this idea does not really appeal to me...). Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

We did this on our August trip because the flights coming in a day early were SO much cheaper than flying in day of check in. We arrived at 11:30 pm (staying at the Hilton garden inn near the airport, but we saw a Marriott shuttle while waiting for ours). Just call the Marriott and find out what their shuttle schedule/process is. Our hotel had us call when we landed, and they picked us up within 20 minutes. Super easy.

Transferring to Disney - there are a couple of different ways to do it. You can book an Uber/Lyft/livery service to take you from your airport hotel to your Disney resort. OR (since you have a Disney resort booked) you can schedule a Magic Express bus for the morning of check in, and take the airport shuttle back to the airport to pick up ME. That works well if you have mostly carryon luggage, but if you are bringing checked bags I would just do car hire to limit the number of times you're taking your luggage on and off vehicles.

What about Swan or Dolphin as they are now Marriott? I’d suggest one-way car rent with drop off that night at Dolphin, but sounds Iike car seat may be an issue. Could do one-way limo service. The next morning, you are already on property, and I believe the swan/dolphin will transfer your luggage to Disney hotel.

What about Swan or Dolphin as they are now Marriott? I’d suggest one-way car rent with drop off that night at Dolphin, but sounds Iike car seat may be an issue. Could do one-way limo service. The next morning, you are already on property, and I believe the swan/dolphin will transfer your luggage to Disney hotel.
Swan/Dolphin won't transfer luggage to a Disney resort. Even though they are "on" Disney property they remain a completely separate entity.

Has this changed? There are earlier threads on these boards where they were doing transfers. I don’t do split stays though, so my info may be out of date. Apologies if I am incorrect.

Has this changed? There are earlier threads on these boards where they were doing transfers. I don’t do split stays though, so my info may be out of date. Apologies if I am incorrect.

I could be mistaken, for sure! I'm sure a call to their front desk would answer the question for the OP if staying at the Swolphin made sense for their logistics. It's hard to keep up with the policy changes!

My recommendation would be to stay at one of the Marriott's that are close to the airport. Most will have a free shuttle to and from the airport. You can take the shuttle back to the airport in the morning and then pick up the MDE from there to take you to WDW. Don't forget to schedule your MDE with Disney though! :)

Have a great trip!

If you can swing Swan/Dolphin on points I too would do a one way car rental from MCO & drop at Dolphin. But, it takes a lot of points, gotta confirm or bring car seat, & gotta confirm luggage transfer. Also wondering about a 2 year old afternoon nap logistics. If you can get all these things to align, this would be my plan. It is so simple to leave on bus from Swalphin to a park in the morning & leave on a different bus in the afternoon to your WDW resort (assuming you've done inline check in & have gotten a room ready notification).

Would like to do Swan/Dolphin, for proximity, but don't want to use the points and worry about car rental/car seat. We went ahead and booked one of the airport Marriotts and will take the airport shuttle back to the airport the next morning to grab Magical Express. Hoping we can get it all done and get to a late breakfast at Cape May Cafe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter