Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
Anyone watching?

I'm 7 episodes into season 2 and enjoying every moment. I don't want to spoil for anyone, but would love to talk about it.

OMG! I love this show, I'm so excited the second season is here.
They dropped the whole season, yay!!!
I know what we will be watching this weekend.
Did you see, they opened a Carneige Deli pop up store this week in honor of the show in NOLITA?
They had a small menu with sandwiches for 99cents and some desserts too, the prices reflective of the 1950's. I wanted to go up so bad to see it, but my husband is on call this weekend so we couldn't go. There is a waitlist of 6,000 people to get in....... crazy.

IMO, the second season is a little rough for 2-3 episodes (LOTS of story lines), but eps 4-7 ROCK (each one keeps getting better). I'll finish the season tonight or tomorrow.

Yes, we're only just on episode 4 of the 1st season though, takes us a while to get through a TV show. I didn't know there was a season 2 already, that's going to take forever, lol. I have enjoyed it so far.

I have not seen the show, but I saw commercials on TV advertising it for Prime. It looks like something I would like.

Good to hear that Season 2 picks up. I loved the first season. I just watched Episode 1 of Season 2 last night and, honestly, I had a hard time making it until the end. But this is not unusual for "season openers." While I enjoyed the mother in Paris, I was totally bored and annoyed with the whole dialogue between Midge and her father.

I finished Season 2 last night. I did NOT see the ending coming. I think I'd say there were multiple cliff hangers.

I finished Season 2 last night. I did NOT see the ending coming. I think I'd say there were multiple cliff hangers.
I’m saving Season 2 to binge over the holidays and really looking forward to it. What a great show!

We just got Amazon Prime a few weeks ago and I watched the first season in 3 days. I love it.

Just started Seaon 2 today.

Ok. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 episodes, and this thread reminds me to go back for more. My 10 yo has been in the room while it was playing, and she has been watching off and on this season. I don't care about language, but I have hang ups about hoochie koochie stuff. Well! I never jumped off the couch so fast, screaming at my kid to shut her eyes, knocking my computer off the couch, all in order to cover the tv with my blanket during the ART CLASS. Aack and alas! It was comical, her eyes squeezed shut, trying to feel her way out of the room! She wasn't even watching at that point, she was grabbing who knows what on her way to bed, but was facing the TV at the worst possible moment. I can only hope she didn't see anything. She hasn't mentioned it yet...:scared::eek::faint:

I enjoy the show and love the music in it. I watched episodes 1-4 of Season 2 today and I laughed when her father was doing his calisthenics. It reminded me that my mom used to say/sing “give that chicken fat back to the chicken and don’t be chicken again”. I never knew what it was from - I thought she just made it up. I laughed when I heard those lyrics in the song when he was working out.

Ok. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 episodes, and this thread reminds me to go back for more. My 10 yo has been in the room while it was playing, and she has been watching off and on this season. I don't care about language, but I have hang ups about hoochie koochie stuff. Well! I never jumped off the couch so fast, screaming at my kid to shut her eyes, knocking my computer off the couch, all in order to cover the tv with my blanket during the ART CLASS. Aack and alas! It was comical, her eyes squeezed shut, trying to feel her way out of the room! She wasn't even watching at that point, she was grabbing who knows what on her way to bed, but was facing the TV at the worst possible moment. I can only hope she didn't see anything. She hasn't mentioned it yet...:scared::eek::faint:
Sorry, it's strange that you're ok with your child hearing multiple f-bombs in every episode, but a 2-3 second shot (and a wide shot at that) of male genitalia is the end of the world? I thought they overplayed Rose's reaction, but maybe not.

Wife and I just finished episode 5 of the second season. Both thought the first two episodes were a little weak, but it has been fantastic since then. Great thing the was was renewed for a third season before this one started.

Sorry, it's strange that you're ok with your child hearing multiple f-bombs in every episode, but a 2-3 second shot (and a wide shot at that) of male genitalia is the end of the world? I thought they overplayed Rose's reaction, but maybe not.

I found the moment both funny and horrifying. Clearly you do not find my little story amusing, and could not pass up the opportunity for snark. But imagine this...your household and parenting is different than mine! :rolleyes2

I'm bumping this thread instead of starting a new one to see what others think of the show.

I just watched all 3 seasons this week for the first time. I had heard people talk about it, but thought "I don't really like period pieces, so I probably won't like it". OMG - I was so wrong - I loved this show. It is probably one of the best shows I've ever watched.

So - other Maisel fans, what are some of your thoughts? Favorites parts? etc?

For me, the costumes are just amazing. Midge wears the best outfits. Even though Joel cheated on her, I still really like him and am rooting for them to get back together. They are obviously still very drawn to each other based off how many times they keep falling into bed together :-)

I'm bumping this thread instead of starting a new one to see what others think of the show.

I just watched all 3 seasons this week for the first time. I had heard people talk about it, but thought "I don't really like period pieces, so I probably won't like it". OMG - I was so wrong - I loved this show. It is probably one of the best shows I've ever watched.

So - other Maisel fans, what are some of your thoughts? Favorites parts? etc?

For me, the costumes are just amazing. Midge wears the best outfits. Even though Joel cheated on her, I still really like him and am rooting for them to get back together. They are obviously still very drawn to each other based off how many times they keep falling into bed together :-)
I absolutely LOVE this show; I've never heard anybody who has watched it say they didn't. The writing is incredible; both the story lines and dialogue, and the casting and performances are sublime. For all you This is Us fans, just try not despising Randall Pierson a little after you see what Reggie does to Midge Maisel. ;)

Some of my absolutely favourite episodes were when they went on vacation to Steiner's camp resort. :rotfl2:Oh, my sides...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!