Mary Poppins Attraction

I just really want an actual ride-on attraction of some sort. That will make my day, no matter what it is, even if it's just a extra-special carousel. I'd love to see a few more low-key, lower demand rides in some of the parks to absorb some of the guests who really just like the rides. To give them a few more things to sprinkle in throughout their day in between the E-Ticket rides. (Because Disney can add all the meet and greets and shows they want, but some people are just about the rides.)

ETwB was a one and done for us.

Same for us. I would be bummed if that's ultimately what they go with.

Last edited:
I'd prefer an enchanted tales style thing than a carousel. We have a carousel at the local mall, zoo and every theme park has one. While my kids enjoy them it's such a common ride. An Enchanted Tales is more unique in my opinion depending on how it's done. I'd love if the room was perhaps the tea party on the ceiling or another interesting scene.

A whimsical Omni-mover that can handle a large amount of guests per hour would work great. Combination of some physical sets and screens.

Queue inside 17 Cherry Tree Lane with a mix of songs from original and sequel. Scenes for Jolly Holiday/Supercali..., I Love to Laugh (Tea Party on Ceiling), Can You Imagine That, Royal Doulton Music Hall, Trip a Little Light Fantastic/Step in Time mashup, Nowhere to Go But Up/Let’s Go Fly a Kite mashup.

I don’t think some high tech ride works here and shouldn’t be expected... Epcot could actually use a spinner so if it’s that with an interactive queue I think that would be fine. Not everything should be expected to be an E-Ticket or even a D-ticket. B/C ticket type rides are needed as well.

Yes but that would require a lot of money to move things around and consolidate stuff backstage.
If they are looking to cut out the hedge maze and area behind it, they have just a little bit less space than the Journey of the Little Mermaid takes up, which is a similar style ride in terms of omnimover with different scenes. Obviously I don’t know any of the specifics of their budget, footprint, or what they have planned, just think this would be a good attraction for this IP and area.

If they are looking to cut out the hedge maze and area behind it, they have just a little bit less space than the Journey of the Little Mermaid takes up, which is a similar style ride in terms of omnimover with different scenes. Obviously I don’t know any of the specifics of their budget, footprint, or what they have planned, just think this would be a good attraction for this IP and area.
Yes, that might work. Just not sure they’d sacrifice the bandstand.

Honestly since they seem to be looking closely at budget, especially after all the recent additions going in with FW revamp and attractions and Ratatouille, maybe they could do a highly themed Meet and Greet like ETwB, then also add a standard carousel in a garden courtyard area. This would add some dynamic to the land as well and get a needed ride addition. Then in the future could expand it with a full dark ride experience added behind when they are ready to invest more into it.
This gets the miniland added in now at a budget while still giving a couple new experiences but still allows for the dark ride everyone really wants to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter