Mary Poppins book in UK pavilion

HesATramp

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I'm hoping I can pick all of your brains about this subject (and if this is NOT where this post should be, please feel free to move it). I'm pretty sure I recall last year seeing the book in one of the stores in the UK pavilion, but this year I couldn't, for the life of me, find it. I realize that products have a tendency to change from time to time, and if it's not a big seller, it will get dropped, but I have a young cousin who is a HUGE fan of the movie, so I figured I would get him the book the movie is based on. :-)

My question is, have any of you who have been there recently seen the book in your travels? I'm not due back in The World until Feb, so I'm doing a little pre-planning!

Thank you in advance!

Until next time,
John

I'll move this to the Theme Parks board, hopefully someone who's been to Epcot recently can help you out. :)

Are you talking about a special book created for Disney World? or just the book Mary Poppins?

FYI I checked the Shop Disney Parks app and do not see the book there. Of course they don't have every single item available in the parks, so it's possible you'd still find it there. You're a good guy to keep your cousin in mind for a gift. :)

Just the book Mary Poppins. The one the movie is based off of, I'm assuming! :-)

I just wanted to let you know that I have heard Disney changed a lot of the book for the movie. I’ve never read it myself so I can’t say for sure. You cousin may not care that it is not an exact retelling of the movie but you might want to look into just in case.

If you do get it you should try and get it signed by Mary Poppins in Epcot

Last edited:
Swilcox is correct. Walt Disney "disneyfied" the original book and turned a rather tart British nanny into the syrupy sweet Mary Poppins we all know. In fact, P.L. Travers despised the movie. It is a well known fact that she cried during the premiere, and not because she was happy .

I just wanted to let you know that I have heard Disney changed a lot of the book for the movie. I’ve never read it myself so I can’t say for sure. You cousin may not care that it is not an exact retelling of the movie but you might want to look into just in case.

If you do get it you should try and get it signed by Mary Poppins in Epcot

That was EXACTLY what I wanted to do, get it signed by Mary and send it off to him in upstate NY! I get him a greeting video every year from Mary, and now he calls me his "cousin from England!" LOL!

Swilcox is correct. Walt Disney "disneyfied" the original book and turned a rather tart British nanny into the syrupy sweet Mary Poppins we all know. In fact, P.L. Travers despised the movie. It is a well known fact that she cried during the premiere, and not because she was happy .

When my kids were little, we'd listen to a book on tape in the car and then see the movie. Mary Poppins is one of the few that they preferred the movie. I need to go back and read it again because I don't really remember the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!