Mary Poppins "recut" on youtube

hahah yeah that is a good one

If you like trailer remixes check out the one I made a few years ago with Jack Sparrow and Sweeney Todd

...you ought to read the original book! Not really scary- but very different from the Disney version we all know and love. I grew up loving the movie as a kid, but when I had to read this for my children's lit class, I was shocked! Mary Poppins is a real jerk in the book- not just quirky and eccentric like she is in the movie. My professor even tracked down the the chapter which P.L. Travers removed from all subsequent versions of the book about twenty or thirty years ago. I'm sure it was a product of the times, but even so, it was pretty offensive.

Now on the other hand, if you ever get a chance, read J.M. Barrie's Peter and Wendy (sometimes called Peter Pan) or the prequel Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens. As much as I enjoyed the Disney version, I don't think it even comes close to capturing the kind of magical world Barrie created almost a century ago. Very sweet books.

It amazes me how widely varied different interpretations of the texts are.

BTW, I loved this trailer!

My brother and I grew up watching Mary Poppins weekly off of a VHS recording we had (1988 commercials and all! :rotfl:). So needless to say we love MP. A few years ago my brother found that video on Youtube and we laughed for 10 minutes straight! :lmao: It is so funny because it really does make Mary look so freaky! The movie does actually have some darkness to it, but it is by far my all time favorite Disney movie! I am glad you posted it on here! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter