Mary Poppins Returns

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by fhtpdw20, Nov 22, 2018.

1. fhtpdw20

fhtpdw20 DIS Veteran

Just finished watch ABC special on the movie release. I am really looking forward to adding this one to my collection. I normally dislike the reboot trend, but I think this will be an exception. In addition to bringing back original Dick V.Dyke to the cast, they also are bringing back 2d animation too. Part of the show touched on the music and the writers valued that Richard Sherman praised the music as the best compliment they could receive. Karen Doltrice (Jane Banks) praised it as well. It was good to see how they interspersed the original scenes and footage of Walt as well with the new movie. If the rest of the movie is as good as the clips shown, this will be up for Oscars.

2. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

It's not a reboot, though; it's a sequel.

olwyngdh and lildreamer101 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lildreamer101

lildreamer101 Simply meant to be....

I wonder Julie Andrews will make a cameo like Dick V. Dyke? Seen the ABC special, seems like the movie will be interesting.

5. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

No, she thought it would be a distraction.

6. lildreamer101

lildreamer101 Simply meant to be....

Take the attention away from Emily Blunt?

7. goofyfan6698

goofyfan6698 Earning My Ears

I cannot wait to see it. I do wish Julie Andrew would've agreed to have a cameo though.

Aladar2004 and Spencer Wright like this.
  8. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

I am skeptical of these reboots/reimagining, but Disney seems like they are really taking the time and care with this one.

The 2017 Beauty and the Beast, I hated, because it seemed like they just took the animated version and made it live-action. But this, they are putting time into a unique sequel, and are respecting the original version while doing something different.

9. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

Via the internet I "know" a guy who saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. He's an industry guy and a big Disney fan. He loved it and said it does not disappoint. This is the first movie I'm seeing in a theater since Coco:)

10. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

11. Aladar2004

Aladar2004 DIS Veteran

Me too.