Masks and sweaty clothing.

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Hey all. Planning ahead here and hoping masks may not be required by next summer but let's be real, who knows? Has anyone tried the masks that have like clear plastic in the middle so you can see the wearers mouth? If so are they comfortable?
Also anyone have a type of short they can recommend for adults that does not show sweat? Got some chub rub that occasionally results in some odd looking sweat marks that I would like to avoid. What about sundresses, how practical are they when chasing little kids around wdw?

The clear plastic ones are very humid to wear because there is very little space for the CO2 you are exhaling to excape. I know a lady who has to wear one at work because she has a deaf employee who reads lips. She said her face gets all sweaty because of the lack of ventilation. She finds she needs to wipe her face a lot and that is in an air conditioned office. Imagine in a park where the real feel will be 100 degree's it would be very uncomfortable. Not to mention the need to touch your face a lot exposes you to the virus more.

The clear plastic ones are very humid to wear because there is very little space for the CO2 you are exhaling to excape. I know a lady who has to wear one at work because she has a deaf employee who reads lips. She said her face gets all sweaty because of the lack of ventilation. She finds she needs to wipe her face a lot and that is in an air conditioned office. Imagine in a park where the real feel will be 100 degree's it would be very uncomfortable. Not to mention the need to touch your face a lot exposes you to the virus more.
Good points thank you!

What about sundresses, how practical are they when chasing little kids around wdw?

I can’t speak about sundresses in general but I wear ankle-length skirts and manage fine doing everything in WDW including all the rides, camping at Ft. Wilderness in September, and kayaking at the Fort. Only Flight of Passage is a bit awkward. I’ve seen many women wearing sundresses though I wouldn’t want to wear one so short as to be concerned when climbing into the Astro Orbiter on a windy day. WDW can be very windy at times including the boats.

I wear dresses and skirts all the time to WDW with jockey skimmies underneath. I have no problem whatsoever though mine are usually knee, midi, or maxi length. This means I can climb in and out of any ride vehicle without worry about flashing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter