Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

In a couple of days, I am going to WDW for a shorter trip (6 days) at AKL Kidani savannah view. I was excited to see that there will be a Disney Vacation Club Meet & Treat at Disney's BoardWalk while we're visiting. Hoping that we'll make it, but our schedule (going with a granddaughter who'll be turning 9 and her Mom & Dad) is chock full since it's been awhile since they've been there. They'll be going to MNSSHP one night, too.

In a couple of days, I am going to WDW for a shorter trip (6 days) at AKL Kidani savannah view. I was excited to see that there will be a Disney Vacation Club Meet & Treat at Disney's BoardWalk while we're visiting. Hoping that we'll make it, but our schedule (going with a granddaughter who'll be turning 9 and her Mom & Dad) is chock full since it's been awhile since they've been there. They'll be going to MNSSHP one night, too.
How was your trip?

Magical! (Thanks for asking.) The birthday girl had a fantastic time. We got stuck in a couple of deluges while in the parks (The "puddles" in the UK in EPCOT were several inches deep! Couldn't take an ECV through but one of the security folks directed us into a roped off area so we could pass safely.) Currently on a cruise that arrives in Miami on Monday. Then we'll drive to Vero for a couple of nights and onto WDW staying again at AKL for a few nights.

We just got back from a quick weekend at Coronado Springs! Not DVC I know, but we had a great stay! BWV coming up for us next month and bringing our DD and DGD, can't wait! Let us know how you enjoy AKL, that is my favorite home resort. :)

monorailmom, while I haven't stayed at CS in a long time, I remember it fondly. We really enjoyed staying there and, if I were planning a visit outside of a DVC property, I wouldn't hesitate to book there again. Still at VB; love it here, too, even though they are doing a lot of construction rehab daily 9-5 and we had a fire alarm earlier today. We evacuated and were able to return to our rooms about 10 mins. later. About an hour ago, we found a goodie bag hanging on our door. It contained a few candies (husband thought they were Halloween treats delivered early) and a note apologizing for the inconvenience of the alarm. Thoughtful touch. While it is warm (low 80s), it is very windy and the ocean is rough (but beautiful.)

Greetings from Kidani Village! It's a lovely evening so I am sitting on the balcony watching the animals and birds eat and mosey around the Savanah. Happy to be settled in. There are several of these birds roaming and they are making quite a ruckus.

Attachments

• 16983603009693954379592819130966.jpg
    16983603009693954379592819130966.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1
Missing Disney so much. Had an opportunity to get there this year and those plans are a no-go as someone needs to be here for my fur baby. (Me, of course) She's had it hard enough moving to this house, I can't just abandon her. The other option was to have her go to my son where her brothers now live, but that house is far too small and again, she'll panic.

Missing Disney so much. Had an opportunity to get there this year and those plans are a no-go as someone needs to be here for my fur baby. (Me, of course) She's had it hard enough moving to this house, I can't just abandon her. The other option was to have her go to my son where her brothers now live, but that house is far too small and again, she'll panic.
So sorry that you couldn't visit this year. When we have pets it is always difficult to leave them (if we can even arrange for them to stay with other family or friends.) I know that some folks board their pets but that was something that I could not do (and it can be very expensive.) Hopefully, in the not too distant future, you'll have another opportunity to visit WDW and have a safe, comfortable spot for your fur baby, too.

I was lucky to visit WDW several times this year (last trip was in Oct.) and I was sad that I am not going to see the Christmas decorations this year; I am aiming for a visit during the season next year. Fingers crossed.

So sorry that you couldn't visit this year. When we have pets it is always difficult to leave them (if we can even arrange for them to stay with other family or friends.) I know that some folks board their pets but that was something that I could not do (and it can be very expensive.) Hopefully, in the not too distant future, you'll have another opportunity to visit WDW and have a safe, comfortable spot for your fur baby, too.

I was lucky to visit WDW several times this year (last trip was in Oct.) and I was sad that I am not going to see the Christmas decorations this year; I am aiming for a visit during the season next year. Fingers crossed.
Thank you, I know I'm not alone in this - many of us want to be there and cannot.

Maybe I'll head into Boston when the holiday decor is up. I need to see a BIG tree :D
Or maybe the North shore shopping center is good enough, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!