Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Can you make room for a DVC'er from R.I.? I mean y'all use our airport because it beats the heck out of that crazy Logan. Also, my husband is from 'Wustah' - born, bred and schooled. And, let's not kid, we're too small for our own group but we do have those beaches (with all those MASS plates).
OKW since 1993. We cancelled 3 trips this summer and are currently scheduled for 10 days in January for a use or lose the points trip.

LOL at "Wustah". When DH graduated from college in NY, he had a job interview in Worcester (at Norton Company). Boy, did he butcher the name of where he was going! I'm also born, bred, and schooled there.
So since you've got a Massachusetts DH, welcome!

Can you make room for a DVC'er from R.I.? I mean y'all use our airport because it beats the heck out of that crazy Logan. Also, my husband is from 'Wustah' - born, bred and schooled. And, let's not kid, we're too small for our own group but we do have those beaches (with all those MASS plates).
OKW since 1993. We cancelled 3 trips this summer and are currently scheduled for 10 days in January for a use or lose the points trip.
TF Green beats Logan any day of the week. Just wish Jetblue would reinstate all those direct flights down to MCO. I think they're down to one per day, and they have a tendency to cancel/move flights all the time (good thing SWA has a good number of flights to Florida)

LOL at "Wustah". When DH graduated from college in NY, he had a job interview in Worcester (at Norton Company). Boy, did he butcher the name of where he was going! I'm also born, bred, and schooled there.
So since you've got a Massachusetts DH, welcome!
We must pass the Norton Compnay on the way to my beloved FIL's house. I am afraid of it - reminds me of the scary sites where Scooby Doo and crew always had to face the monsters.

TF Green beats Logan any day of the week. Just wish Jetblue would reinstate all those direct flights down to MCO. I think they're down to one per day, and they have a tendency to cancel/move flights all the time (good thing SWA has a good number of flights to Florida)

We fly SWA all the time.

Last edited:

we fly out sept 28! its finally coming! Anyone have any recent experoence flying out or back ? We use BDL.

From Western Ma we fly out of Bradley, it has always worked out perfectly. Forget Logan. Wor-cester on eastward is like a different state to people from the western part of Ma, my oldest daughter lives in Sterling and youngest daughter lived in Johnston Ri for years, welcome fellow okw owner.

From Western Ma we fly out of Bradley, it has always worked out perfectly. Forget Logan. Wor-cester on eastward is like a different state to people from the western part of Ma, my oldest daughter lives in Sterling and youngest daughter lived in Johnston Ri for years, welcome fellow okw owner.
we always use BDL its so close to home
too! Wondering if anyone has flown home
recently regarding the forms to fill out ?? still online only?

I am also curious about reporting and testing experiences. I was told the PCR test is the one Mass. requires. Getting a quick turnaround time is a concern.

Stupid covid. Stupid Judy. (with apologies to Ellen)

I am also curious about reporting and testing experiences. I was told the PCR test is the one Mass. requires. Getting a quick turnaround time is a concern.

Stupid covid. Stupid Judy. (with apologies to Ellen)
DH and DD20 got the PCR test from the drive thru testing (by appt) with Circle Health in Tewksbury, MA after we returned from our August trip. $150/test, negative results were online the next day. They printed out the results and had them with them whenever they left the house before the 14 day quarantine was up in case they were questioned. (They got tested on day 5 after our return to give some time for any exposure to show up).

Once you've filled out the traveler form online (do it in advance or the day you return as it can't be backdated), you'll get an automated text daily reminding you to quarantine for 14 days or you'll be fined.. There is no way to tell them you got a negative result, which is why DH carried his results around.

I just read that Bradley International Airport is going to start offering testing on site. I really hope TF Green and Logan follow suit. That would really be convenient!

Late to the group. I've been off the DIS for too long...dealing with a nasty divorce and moving. But, better late than never, right?
I've owned at BWV since '03. Two contracts now, total of 200 pts, all at BWV. I did have a BLT contract, just 50 pts, but had to sell it in order to bail my now ex out of a lease he was on with dd. Turns out, he had plenty but hid it from me. But, ,that's a whole different story.
My dd did the College Program back in '16, then became a f/t CM at PotC!! She came home after just burning out, after 3 years.
Going back in early Jan...that's our Christmas gift to each other!!!! A mother/daughter WDW trip...one of many!!!

So, there it is. Nice to see so many from my part of the world.

Hi goofy4tink! I remember you as a fellow Massachusetts person-did you live in the Auburn/Worcester area? I'm originally from Paxton, and I think you weren't too far away. I, also, am going to WDW in January, but closer to the middle of the month. Please tell your daughter that I have fond memories of the CMs at PotC being so nice. As she no doubt knows, you have to transfer to a wheelchair for the queue at the PotC. I was on a solo trip (as I usually am) and couldn't manage the wheelchair alone (transferring from an ECV), yet they were so nice, pushing me thru the queue, then bringing me up. And because they weren't right there and I had to wait after the ride (I didn't mind), they gave me 3 Fps. I can remember that they said that so many people give them a hard time about the ride being not totally accessible, and sometimes yell, that they appreciated that I didn't. Yet, I was the one who appreciated them!

we got home yesterday and YES BDL is offering covid testing right there. If you have insurance its covered. We got tested and came right home and now waiting for results. We are glad we went ahead with this trip it was so needed and we had a great time!

That is awesome news, momtwoboys. Thanks for the update. I do hope that other airports will follow BDL. I have planned 2 trips to planned to WDW (later this month, and mid-Nov) and 1 to Vero Beach (in Dec,; 1st stay) and, altho I quarantined the required 2 weeks when I returned from my Aug trip, I'd much rather get tested if it is convenient to do so. I use Logan.

MA member here, and late to this party! Wife and son are big Disney fans, and it was her that really wanted DVC since our wedding in 1998 (I wanted a Corvette). Fast forward, and we both have our wishes :yay:

We're over in Leicester (and you thought Worcester was hard to pronounce). We've been DVC members for 6 or 7 years now, and typically go every other year. Our next trip should be 2021, and an adults only trip. I typically come and go on these forums, and will probably be on a little more since we are planning to visit again, so I need to get up to speed on what's happening in the world of Disney and DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter