Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

I'm from northern Massachusetts and a fairly new DVC member :cloud9: I bought my first contract at Boardwalk :love: in 2018 and my second at Old Key West also in 2018 :love: All my contracts were resale and I am happy with my decision :rolleyes1
I have an annual pass as I go twice year and also use Tables in Wonderland card to save 20% on table service meals :goodvibes I am a retired teacher and do not miss going in the summer heat :cool2: I had to cancel my end of April/beginning of May trip this year and rebooked a birthday trip in July so I guess the heat and humidity is still in my future, providing that trip is a go pixiedust: Thanks for starting this thread, lopo :thanks:

Western Ma here. OKW owners and not sure what to think about DVC right now. Anyone else losing points that they had booked in a trip during the closure? June UY here and we were booked April3-9. Losing 45 points is losing money we worked hard for. Feeling penalized for owning versus booking as a cash guest.

Western MA as well. VGF & AKV owner, lost a few points on a rental in my June UY for an April vacation, but was able to rebook them for September thankfully. We also had an April vacation planned but changed it to November when things starting getting messy. Got a call from my boss about telecommuting on a Friday night at 9 PM in the beginning of March, and made my family rethink our April vacation. Glad we moved it, hopefully we don't have to move it again.

What happened? I thought that DVC was refunding points into members' accounts.
They did for some owners, but not others. The first owners who called in were able to have all their points moved forward, but DVC put an end to that last week I think.

Just shows you not to listen and be the first people to call instead of waiting it out!

They did for some owners, but not others. The first owners who called in were able to have all their points moved forward, but DVC put an end to that last week I think.

Just shows you not to listen and be the first people to call instead of waiting it out!
Did you receive the email "Important Operational Updates" sent from DVC management? Info is also available here: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/travel-information/

I called twice right away and kept being told that parks would reopen April1st, I knew better and we had a April 3-th reservation at AKV using 116 points, 45 of which were from 2019 UY because we have a small contract and NEVER borrow we always book and then bank some for the next year to use we have been going in spring forever. We were told to deposit into RCI, NO THANKS! we didnt buy DVC to use our points in RCI. We bought to be able to cover a week in a studio each year. we paid our contract in full with cash, didnt finance, always pay our dues in full on time and now we LOSE we lose 45 points we paid in full for and fully intended on using. We didnt forget to bank on time we had them in use for a Reservation we fully intended on going on. BUT yet those who borrowed from ahead are all set! We are furious that DVC isnt helping members with June UY who had no insight on this those with other UY can now cancel and save points before they lose out, but APril and June UY are screwed and they dont seem to be communicating well and trying to help us first. Thinking long and hard about selling and just paying cash for each year reservation and have assurance that we wont lose money if this ever happens again. We also were renters for YEARS before buying so we knew exactly how DVC runs. We arent newbies. Just our situation, others keep saying " Oh if all we lose is points in all of this we are ok" well this is money down the toilet, and not ok. Anyway HELLO from Western MA! Today we were to be in MK and starting our very first trip as emptynesters this has been so looked forward to as we havent taken a trip alone since our DisneyMoon in 1997! we havent done a trip without our boys and now this was our turn. Here I sit crying.

We are from southeastern MA - owners at SSR since 2005 and BWV since 2007. I was also a college program employee in 1993 (during my UMass days)!

momtwoboys, did you actually speak with DVC member Services? I think that they are making exceptions to some of their decisions so perhaps they may be able to help you. I know that I would be wicked upset if I lost 45 points. DVC is a luxury that many of us had to scrimp and save for; we did it because of our love for WDW, etc. But, at the same time, we purchased a product and, surely, there must be some consumer rights laws associated with the product not being available to be used.

momtwoboys, did you actually speak with DVC member Services? I think that they are making exceptions to some of their decisions so perhaps they may be able to help you. I know that I would be wicked upset if I lost 45 points. DVC is a luxury that many of us had to scrimp and save for; we did it because of our love for WDW, etc. But, at the same time, we purchased a product and, surely, there must be some consumer rights laws associated with the product not being available to be used.
yes twice. No help other than deposit to RCI. We are disgusted! Waiting to see if they change their minds and help us out. We arent the only June UY members who were booked for April!

Also have a Umass Senior who isnt loving how his time there is ending.. so much sadness!

momtwoboys, wow! I am saddened to hear that member services has been less than helpful. And, RE: your senior, this pandemic is certainly the epitome of "life is not fair" since, not only has he missed out finishing his education (altho I know they were substituting online classes - not the same IMO) but he doesn't get to celebrate all the great things related to graduation and his accomplishments, and see friends to say goodbye, etc. I presume he'll receive his degree and be able to look forward to a brighter future.

momtwoboys, wow! I am saddened to hear that member services has been less than helpful. And, RE: your senior, this pandemic is certainly the epitome of "life is not fair" since, not only has he missed out finishing his education (altho I know they were substituting online classes - not the same IMO) but he doesn't get to celebrate all the great things related to graduation and his accomplishments, and see friends to say goodbye, etc. I presume he'll receive his degree and be able to look forward to a brighter future.
thank you for your kind words... so many sad kids packed up dorms before they were ready to say goodbye.And of course we know its first world problems many are dying and are sick. Just go between so many emotions like others and its hard. we have another son who was a freshman at WSU who has Autism and had just finally settled in after the xmas break who now is back home extremely out of sorts... both doing online learning. Waiting to see what the State Univ do as far as refunds also. Keep checking their school accounts so when DVC just not helping either is a low blow. Hoping for better times and maybe one day a Mass Dis Meet up!!!!!

Hello from central MA! We have been DVC since 2002. Our home resort is BCV. We own 150 points and have been able to make them work for our family of 5. Our 2 oldest kids were doing the Disney College Program this spring. They both started in January and were supposed to be there through July. My youngest son and I visited them over February school vacation week and had reservations for April school vacation week and for July, which was when we would have been bringing them home. They were informed on March 14 that their program was being suspended and they had to be out of their apartments by the 18th. My husband and I flew down, packed them up and brought them home. A crazy, stressful couple of days. They were both sad and disappointed to have their programs end so quickly but glad to be home with everything that has happened since then. Both hope to return to Disney again, possibly in another college program, maybe doing a Professional Internship or just as guests. We shall see! ❤💛🖤

Welcome, Bowen9475! Glad you were able to pick up your kids and take them home (even though they were disappointed to abruptly end their programs earlier than expected.) Hopefully, they shall be able to participate in another program before they graduate. No doubt, they'll at least return as guests at some point. It must be a relief for your family to be together at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter