Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Who else wakes up everyday wondering if this mess in the world is almost over?? Then I check everywhere for Disney news... ughh I had a wonderful dream I was at work and woke up sad that it was just a dream. Holding hope for my Disney countdown 135 days!!

Who else wakes up everyday wondering if this mess in the world is almost over?? Then I check everywhere for Disney news... ughh I had a wonderful dream I was at work and woke up sad that it was just a dream. Holding hope for my Disney countdown 135 days!!
To date, I never wake up "wondering if this mess in the world is almost over" because I do not believe that it is being addressed as it should be (but I shall not explain my reasoning here since this is not the place to do so.) However, I do dream. :-D I have a short trip booked next month but I think that your plan is more likely to happen. But, fingers crossed for all of us.

To date, I never wake up "wondering if this mess in the world is almost over" because I do not believe that it is being addressed as it should be (but I shall not explain my reasoning here since this is not the place to do so.) However, I do dream. :-D I have a short trip booked next month but I think that your plan is more likely to happen. But, fingers crossed for all of us.
I work in 2 different schools (PREk-1st) and a Dance studio and I just miss my students so much. I had a dream I was at work and it was so real, I woke up for a second not knowing what happened! Going to keep dreaming here that things improve EVERYWHERE in the world! I hope your short trip can happen!

momtwoboys, I,too, worked in education until I retired. I am still involved with educators (via our Union and social media) and not a day goes by without me hearing that educators miss their students, I think that it's been esp. difficult because all the end of year activities, traditions and transitions are not happening. BTW, I do believe that dreams do come true. ;-D

momtwoboys, I,too, worked in education until I retired. I am still involved with educators (via our Union and social media) and not a day goes by without me hearing that educators miss their students, I think that it's been esp. difficult because all the end of year activities, traditions and transitions are not happening. BTW, I do believe that dreams do come true. ;-D
So much not happening its sad for many. School traditions, Dance recital, and our oldest Son Graduates from Umass Amherst. It's so so weird. Hugs to all the MA Dis family!

So much not happening its sad for many. School traditions, Dance recital, and our oldest Son Graduates from Umass Amherst. It's so so weird. Hugs to all the MA Dis family!
Congrats to your son - such an accomplishment. I just wish for him that he could have experienced the graduation ceremony etc. I keep thinking how sad it is for kids graduating this year.

I too wake up every day and think about Disney. I know this is going to sound really weird, but I log into the DVC site every morning to see the countdown for our next trip (it's actually therapeutic in a way). We were supposed to go in early April but the trip was canceled. I'm now supposed to go for a few days in September with my Mom and sister for a mother/daughter trip to hopefully celebrate a return to sanity and having coronavirus behind us (I know that's delusional). We then have a trip with the kids planned in early November and early January. I bought tickets for the Halloween Party but keep wondering if that's even a remote possibility of happening. Also supposed to arrive for the January trip on New Year's Eve, but wonder if there will be fireworks. There are just too many variables at this point so I've planned everything as if things will be "normal" by then and will adjust as needed.

On a somewhat related note, there's a company based in Norwood I believe working on a vaccine. I keep following the news about them because it seems as though they've been successful in their R&D to date. I desperately hope they're able to develop an effective vaccine....I'll be first in line to get it and then I'll be on a plane to Disney lol! Anyway, hang in there everyone!

Congrats to your son - such an accomplishment. I just wish for him that he could have experienced the graduation ceremony etc. I keep thinking how sad it is for kids graduating this year.

I too wake up every day and think about Disney. I know this is going to sound really weird, but I log into the DVC site every morning to see the countdown for our next trip (it's actually therapeutic in a way). We were supposed to go in early April but the trip was canceled. I'm now supposed to go for a few days in September with my Mom and sister for a mother/daughter trip to hopefully celebrate a return to sanity and having coronavirus behind us (I know that's delusional). We then have a trip with the kids planned in early November and early January. I bought tickets for the Halloween Party but keep wondering if that's even a remote possibility of happening. Also supposed to arrive for the January trip on New Year's Eve, but wonder if there will be fireworks. There are just too many variables at this point so I've planned everything as if things will be "normal" by then and will adjust as needed.

On a somewhat related note, there's a company based in Norwood I believe working on a vaccine. I keep following the news about them because it seems as though they've been successful in their R&D to date. I desperately hope they're able to develop an effective vaccine....I'll be first in line to get it and then I'll be on a plane to Disney lol! Anyway, hang in there everyone!
We also had a trip in April , we just moved it to Sept 24-30. We will also go next April. The end of June 2021 will go back for Dance the World with my dance students.
Having senior year of college cut like that just stinks , so many students just had to pack up and move out and go home somit was goodbye they werent ready for.
I check my phone countdown and also the DCV dashboard! Stay healthy and positive everyone!!

I've decided to cancel my August trip since I can't justify taking my baby son after hearing all about the way some kids are reacting to covid-19 and reading about what the opening at Shanghai Disneyland was like. I'm so sad...this trip was the thing that was holding me together while I finished up the school year doing virtual learning with my students. Trying to teach HS science through a computer stinks! Tell me it's going to be okay and that I'll be able to bring my son next summer. My plan is to bank the rest of my points and book a 2 bedroom next year so that my brother and parents can come on a big family trip. Hopefully I will be able to switch out at 7 months for a 2 bedroom since I own at the Poly.

CookieandOatmeal, your new plan sounds wonderful! I bet the big family trip will be awesome and your son will be a little older and may enjoy his surroundings more then, too. Now, you have something to look forward to next year. BTW, I can't imagine the difficulty of teaching HS students via online learning methods. Heck! It's already difficult to do in a classroom. Hang in there. Fingers crossed that you'll be able to switch at 7 months out.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting the update WDW is scheduled to provide tmrw?!
Yes!! I'm suppose to book fast passes on Thursday so I would like to know if we are actually going! Also Southwest is releasing their next set of flights on Thursday in case anyone is looking for Nov & December flights.

"Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests starting on June 15. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening. " (from Disney Parks blog) Darn! I have a reservation on June 9th.

"Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests starting on June 15. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening. " (from Disney Parks blog) Darn! I have a reservation on June 9th.
I'm glad they're opening before July. The longer they stay shut, the harder it becomes for us all to make reservations in the future with the massive overflow of points being returned on those canceled stays.

Member services must be swamped since I've tried to call several times this afternoon and I get a busy signal (I don't think that's ever happened to me before today.) And, I can't log into the member site (I keep getting the Gateway time-out msg.) Am I correct that the points used to book my stay on June 9th will automatically be returned to my account since DVC will still be closed? I canceled all my other reservations (car, airfare, etc.)

I continued to call Member Services intermittently during this past week but always got a busy signal (which has never happened to me previously. I've had some long wait times to speak with a CM after entering all sorts of info, but never had a busy signal.) So, a few days ago, I sent an email via their 'contact us' link; no response, so far. Anyway, I was scheduled to visit SS beginning June 9th, but I still haven't received any correspondence that it has been canceled. I already canceled air fare, etc. but I'd like an official notice from DVC.

I continued to call Member Services intermittently during this past week but always got a busy signal (which has never happened to me previously. I've had some long wait times to speak with a CM after entering all sorts of info, but never had a busy signal.) So, a few days ago, I sent an email via their 'contact us' link; no response, so far. Anyway, I was scheduled to visit SS beginning June 9th, but I still haven't received any correspondence that it has been canceled. I already canceled air fare, etc. but I'd like an official notice from DVC.
Can you try a different browser to check your DVC account online? Sometimes that works for me. Also tomorrow, try the chat feature. I had luck with that last week. As for your June reservation current points will be returned to the current use year. If you used any borrowed points- they will be returned to the borrowed year. As for banked points, that will vary based on your use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter