Massage at the Finish Area? 2015 Marathon weekend.

WalkingintheFog

DIS Veteran
I saw the massage tents last year after the 10k, they were just setting things up.

Is this something available for all?
I've read $1/minute, bring cash, but other than that I know nothing.:confused3

Can anyone share their non-Race Retreat experience?
.....(because I don't have the Race Retreat booked)
.....How long a wait? How do they work it?
.....FYI, I might finish the 1/2 anywhere from 2:30 -3:00, and the Full anywhere from 5:00 to 6:00......give or take 30 mins on either side!

Thanks.

It's been a few years, but I seem to remember bringing a $20 and getting a massage after the Marathon (Goofy) in '12. It was the best $20 I spent that week in the park and will be sure to do the same this year. I also don't remember a long wait. No more details that I can remember, but thanks for reminding me to bring extra $$.

It's been a few years, but I seem to remember bringing a $20 and getting a massage after the Marathon (Goofy) in '12. It was the best $20 I spent that week in the park and will be sure to do the same this year. I also don't remember a long wait. No more details that I can remember, but thanks for reminding me to bring extra $$.

Thanks!
Anyone else? What kind of waittimes?

I had a brief massage after Goofy a few years ago. The wait was maybe 5-10 minutes. If you're going to get one, don't do it right when you get to the tent after crossing the line. You want to walk around for 15-20 minutes to let your legs cool down gradually and help keep them from seizing up, drink some water and PowerAde to start your rehydration, and have a bite to eat to kickstart your recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter